It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the People forum for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It seems like every time I start a thread in the People forum, the same thing is posted (usually repeatedly in the same thread)...

"I don't care what celebrities think."

To me, that's like writing "I don't care about cryptozoology" in a thread in the Cryptozoology forum. The people who are interested in cryptozoology already know that most people don't care about the topic, why waste people's time by pointing out that you're one of the people who doesn't care about the topic?

I find that behavior to be rude. Imagine if someone posted "I don't care about rants" in a thread posted in the Rant forum? Wouldn't that be insulting toward the person who posted the rant?

If you don't care about the opinions of celebrities, why not just stay out of the People forum?

Does anyone who doesn't care about cryptozoology post in the cryptozoology forum? I suppose some debunkers might. I don't understand that behavior personally. I don't even see the point in trying to debunk something you don't care about.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Well, really the opinions of washed out celebrities on topics such as politics simply do not deserve any discussion.

Discussing people is fine, but really, their political opinions? They can rot in hell with their political opinions. They aren't any wiser than you or me.
edit on 23-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
It seems like every time I start a thread in the People forum, the same thing is posted (usually repeatedly in the same thread)...

"I don't care what celebrities think."

To me, that's like writing "I don't care about cryptozoology" in a thread in the cryptozoology forum. The people who are interested in cryptozoology already know that most people don't care about that topic, why waste people's time by pointing out that you're one of the people who doesn't care about the topic?

I find that behavior to be rude. Imagine if someone posted "I don't care about rants" in a thread posted in the Rant forum? Wouldn't that be insulting toward the person who posted the rant?

If you don't care about the opinions of celebrities, why not just stay out of the People forum?

Does anyone who doesn't care about cryptozoology post in the cryptozoology forum? I suppose some debunkers might. I don't understand that behavior personally. I don't even see the point in trying to debunk something you don't care about.
sometimes, people run the course of an argument in one thread, take their ball and go home, to then search for a new trigger to be triggered. Generaly it's the person who was losing the argument in the previous thread.
There you are, conversing about some useless eater or such seemingly neutral topic and they see a perfect bombing target, completely
Unprepared.
edit on 23-1-2017 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

link   

The people forum is for people only. No Bigfoots allowed. If it wasn't Id tell you a true and recent Big foot story, that about a friend of mine that had a confrontation with it just before Christmas. Up close and personal. But , this is a people forum, so lets talk about people. There are some people on this site that that used to get my goat, but now Im getting theres. I hope you are having fun on here too

link   

people suck, really.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I and I imagine many others just don't get the whole celebrity lives matter. But then again I'm from fly-over America and I don't understand either left coast other than they want me to bow down to their "superior" intellect and give them all my money so they can give it some loser.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One would think that if you are going to cite someone's views, they would have SOME sort of expertise or knowledge about the subject on which they are opining. But when you use the "People" forum as a substitute for Jay Leno's "Man on the Street" interviews, where his intent is to let people show how ignorant they are, that's a misuse of the forum. Yes, you have the RIGHT to do so. That's not the issue, but if you're going to do that then you need to take the criticism for it, too.

That's the basic issue with celebrities. Here's an example below. Here these women are supposedly "protesting" for women' rights, and they act like this. It's a laughingstock. You can't be serious.

So go ahead Discuss ANYBODY you want to over their ideas. You're not being STOPPED are you? Just realize that your favorite idiot may not induce awe in anybody else, and THAT's MY right.
edit on 1/23/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
One would think that if you are going to cite someone's views, they would have SOME sort of expertise or knowledge about the subject on which they are opining.

ATS' official statement about what the People forum is for makes it clear. "Celebrity news" includes anything that celebrities say. Sometimes, the mere fact that something was said by a celebrity makes it newsworthy, and thus it belongs in the People forum. There is no other factor to consider in my opinion. Whether something belongs in the People forum is a black and white issue to me.

If you are into celebrities this is the place for you. The People Forum is the place on the Above Network for news and discussion regarding the famous and infamous.

Before starting a new thread on the People Forum please keep these things in mind:

1. The People Forum’s description on the board home page reads like this, “Discussion Topics About Individuals Both Famous and Infamous.”
In other words this forum is for the discussion of celebrities. Any celebrity news, gossip, rumors or chit-chat belongs here.

SOURCE

edit on 23-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Jeez, Myle looks like a tranny dressed as Beiber.

Almost as tranny reminiscent as Jared Leto when he tried to be the joker.

top topics

join