It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India vs. China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just want your thoughts. Im an Indian American so i want to know what you think. Thanks

Personally i dont think india stands a chance against the chinese. THey have a huge army and they're communists . THeyll pull ten year olds off the streets and put RPGs in their hands and tell em to at any indian soldier there is. They also got some pretty nasty nucleur missiles and dont forget that thet have a nucleur sub, the Xia. The best we could do right now is put up some kilos and the akulas we're going to get from Russia. I do think though the Indian infantry would give the chinese a broken blood and micheal jackson kind of nose.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by benedict arnold]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
there has been a old of 'blood' shed on this forum regarding such debates..
pandoras box you're opening here...
But nonetheless it is an important question, not in terms of reality but in terms equality of the armed forces..
Just as important as US vs. china..

Here are some thread links..enjoy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the threads kind of detour from the topic from time to time due to 'nationalist sentiments' involved..

and btw welcome aboard ATS benedict..

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
sorry daedalus,

India-China will result in a big stalemate in conventional war .

Nuke war will be MAD Mutually Assured Destruction.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't think there are many reasons why india or china would go to all-out war, the prize seems far to high to justify potential gains in power/territory if any, leaving both countries weakened against other potential opponents, such as Russia, America, Pakistan etc....

Plus there aren't those heated religiously fueled border disputes like with Pakistan.

But naturally, both India and China are working on becoming large economical powers in the region, wich creates a sense of healty competition.

Therefor I expect not a direct conflict, but rather corporations vowing for influence in the neighbouring countries.

What is a source for concern: driven by the hunger for resources, China also uses millitary means to up fill up power vacumes in asia: Myanmar and Tibet, they tried with vietnam also , but the vietnamese infantery was too well organised to be overrun on their own territory.

I don't even think Nepal/Butan is safe from them and that may be one step too close in indian backyard , sparking a little borderwar, what probably end in stalemate.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
what if "India+China" V.S. "somebody else"?

[edit on 31-1-2005 by lmairforce]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There is no similarly matched combination.....
Maybe all of Africal with American or Russian funding.....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm sick to death of these, who'd win if country 1 fought country 2

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
sorry daedalus,

India-China will result in a big stalemate in conventional war .

Nuke war will be MAD Mutually Assured Destruction.

you cant have MAD when one side out numbers the other side in nuclear weapons

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold
Just want your thoughts. Im an Indian American so i want to know what you think. Thanks

Personally i dont think india stands a chance against the chinese. THey have a huge army and they're communists . THeyll pull ten year olds off the streets and put RPGs in their hands and tell em to at any indian soldier there is. They also got some pretty nasty nucleur missiles and dont forget that thet have a nucleur sub, the Xia. The best we could do right now is put up some kilos and the akulas we're going to get from Russia. I do think though the Indian infantry would give the chinese a broken blood and micheal jackson kind of nose.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by benedict arnold]

Dear friend,

1. Chinese couples are only allowed 1 child per family. Hence, unlike you, we value our young!!! When have we ever used children to fight a war. That is something Indians will likely do.

2. We cannot defeat the US in a war but we will crush India. You cannot even invade us. Remember, we took back Tibet for the sole purpose of sealing you out!

3. MAD??? We have over 400 nuclear warheads. How many do you have? You may only nuke several of our cities but India will be totally gone. Our land area is about 3 times the size of yours.

4. Russia is friends with both China and India so don't think they will help you. Russians are evil, they will try to screw both of us.

5. Why are Indians so concern about the Chinese?????? You are always down there stiffing our azzes. Meanwhile, we don't even give a fu(k about you. In our daily lives, your existence never even occured to us. GET A LIFE!

top topics

join