It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump become a significant US president..? Why...or why not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Can it be that Trump will surpise foo and friend? Or will Trump run the United States of America into the ground...big time? What do you think..?

I think chances are he will surprise us all.. just because of the fact that he has something to prove to....practically everybody. Will he succeed where everybody failed..? If he wants to be remembered as one of the greatest US presidents all he needs to do is bring peace in the Middle East. I am sure he wants to go into history as a president to be remembered.

No matter if you voted for him or against him... now that he is here.. what do you think his main objective will be and how do you think he will do it?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I think the US is already run into the ground with 20 Trillion in debt. 9 Trillion from the last president alone. The real question is, can he dig us back out of the ground and blow life into our nostrils. Can he reattach living sinews to these old dry bones......

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He is a businessman and used to dealing with lots of money and making deals, so he can`t do any worse than a lawyer turned career politician.

The government is a lot like a business, they collect money, spend money, make deals, etc.

I voted for Ross Perot because he was a businessman.i figured why not? I already saw what politicians and lawyers do when they run the country and I wasn`t impressed.

now that he`s the president ,trump`s future is our future so we should all be hoping that he is successful.

edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I think he's already a significant President due to the way he achieved office and how unconventional he is , we live in historic times.

I hope he does well but I fear he will be a nightmare , if nothing else it will be interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He is very intelligent, becoming president of the Trump organization at the age of 25. I think he'll do better than any previous president.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

He has already been one of the most significant presidents in history for what he has already accomplished.

His main objective is obviously making america great again. However vague that is, he is already doing a good job on the first day showing that he is serious about the job.

If he is actually an outsider and the powers actually let him do his job I don't see how he doesn't go down as one of if not the most significant presidents ever.

But only time will tell

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think he has elevated himself to a point where he wants his name to be remembered. If he were alot younger i would think he is doing it for the money. His braggadocio personality makes me think its less about the money and more about the legacy. I think this could be a wonderful but dangerous thing. He doesnt seem to be one to deal with lunatics. In order to deal with someone the person has to want something and i believe many on the far left dont want anything but to cause problems with the way True Americans believe. What can he do to deal with ideology I fear it may short circuit the way he does things when the MSM and left does not act with common sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Will Trump become a significant US president..? Why...or why not?

He's already done something no one has done before.

Changed the way the Washington game is played.

A long shot of all long shots.

Going forward.

Too soon to tell.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
For policy and legacy? I wouldn't claim to know what's going to happen, its been 3 days. Honestly, I'd say probably. In a positive or negative light? Again, who knows?

I personally think he will in terms of the election process, though. There have been few elections that were anywhere near as divisive as this one, especially in modern times. I really think 2012 was the last election that was anywhere close to "normal" that most if not all of us will see in our lives. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing... Well, that depends on who you're talking to I suppose. I'm still firmly in the "I'm not going to pass judgement until the administration has a chance to actually make changes" mindset though so I guess I'm just stuck dead in the center of the arguments until I make up my mind making my opinion virtually useless.

Least he's not Hillary has been my view of everything since she probably forcefully removed Sanders.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I think the US is already run into the ground with 20 Trillion in debt. 9 Trillion from the last president alone. The real question is, can he dig us back out of the ground and blow life into our nostrils. Can he reattach living sinews to these old dry bones......

Well you articulated what I was trying to say without saying extremely well. Damn my inability to read comments before commenting. Have a star. I don't star often.
edit on 1/23/17 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
As long as Trump trashes all of Obama's (and some past President's) piece of crap works. And with Obama , he may need the full 8 years to destroy all of em.
That means he would be a GREAT President and meant what he said. Make America Great Again.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
He will either be the best president or worse president the USA ever had.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
He will either be the best president or worse president the USA ever had.

Even if he isn't either one, he will be portrayed as both by the two sides of the debate.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Do you think he is really interested in making an attempt to put the USA back on a healthy economic track? Or is he only interested in building that wall and use the tx poayers money to keep his made promises?

To be honmest I think he has such a big ego that he has the need not to fail and to be remembered as one of the great presidents of the USA....if not the greatest. Eight years will not be enough to whipe the trillion debt away...so, most he can do is to lay a foundation. A foundation which can be ignored or negelcted by the next president... What a country.. I have such a big problem understanding why the citizns of the US had to choose between the likes of a Hillary and Trump while there are some 300 million citizens and must have some really talented and motivated people among them for president. It is beginning to look like a soap...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Big ego- or course. Many great leaders have them.

If he does I good job putting people to work and keeping promises, one of his offspring will follow him for another 8 years. That might put a dent in the debt. For decades I believe he really wanted someone to step up and repair Ameirca, and no one did. It was business as usual from both sides, filling their pockets and letting America decline. He had enough and ,. finally jumped in full force, free of charge, and took the reins. Lets see what he can do. I don't care about his ego. I want results. Obama is a benedict Arnold as far as Im concerned. A traitor.

top topics

join