It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushrooms could be extraterrestrial

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I often wonder if the hallucinations of magic mushrooms, Ayahuasca and some tree bark from jungle has a connection to real spirituality and the other side etc.
Maybe even Beer, wine and hash has a slight connection but maybe not.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2017 by SolAquarius because: this video just does not want to work

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Very interesting idea.

Especially when you take into account Around 400 million years ago, earth was covered with huge mushrooms, growing up to 24 feet tall.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Could be shrooms are an evolution/sentience/consciousness booster. I could imagine some pre-homo-sapien-sapien eating shrooms and suddenly the light of consciousness/sentience sparks to life in it's mind, and suddenly he/she sees everything differently, and a whole new set of civilization producing behaviors start appearing.

Also, i believe what was once said by mckenna or one of those guys. Something like "if enough people in the world were to experience a psychedelic trip, then world peace would happen" or something similar. People who have experienced it, are thinking differently than those who haven't. I believe it helps people to break free from what is variously known as: the Matrix, Beast System, Babylon/MysteryBabylon, the Harlot, the rat race, and other names.

Basically, it, along with cannabis, have the power to solve the biggest problems facing humanity today which threaten our future and our very existence. However, in solving these problems, our elites will be toppled from their positions of power, which is why these substances are demonized in the mainstream media and mainstream academia and mainstream religion & spirituality, anywhere you have elites addicted to accolades, titles, formalities, power over others, recogition, extra privileges, etc. Normal, healthy (mentally and emotionally and spiritually) people who are comfortable with themselves and confident, who do not suffer from so many insecurities, do not need all that to be happy. These magical substances, these gifts from the gods, this manna from heaven, helps you to reach this state of healthiness. Of course, as with anything, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Drinking too much water can kill you.

Unfortunately, since they are illegal, we don't have enough research and education out there so people know how much or how often is optimal...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I understand and recognize Terrence McKenna's work, I just don't like it...
I've listened to many many of his talks and recitals and readings, I've given him a really darn good chance to find that thing that everyone else sees in him... but I don't.

I do think certain drugs may be a way to rewire thought processes and can be very therapeutic when taken in a controlled way, but TM was just so full on as a guy. His message, I think for me, is lost behind his dramatization of everything, the way everything is so ethereal and spiritual. And I say that, despite thinking similar things to him, and having based some of my own beliefs off of the things that he has said but made it make more sense, to me, anyway.

He was totally craycray, but his message and lessons I think are not entirely inaccurate, he just comes off as too tripped out for me to want to take him seriously.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matt11
Very interesting idea.

Especially when you take into account Around 400 million years ago, earth was covered with huge mushrooms, growing up to 24 feet tall.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

I never knew about this thanks for sharing.

This is such an interesting theory by the way, and anyone who says this isn't a possibility is insane in my book. They couldn't possibly know the answer to that question.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
What other plants have separate males and females?

Lots of them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Mushrooms are just the flowering part of fungus/Mycelium its kind of like saying flowers are from outer space. They are are only a tiny part of a much larger organism.

Mushrooms are only produced by the fungus organism when it wants to move or expand.
edit on 16-2-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

Panspermic Mushrooms eh?

The notion actually seems to present a modicum of credibility given the properties and protection of there spores.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join