It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushrooms could be extraterrestrial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

edit on 23-1-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Someone told me the same about corn. I don't remember what it was exactly that made them so sure but his father was a professor of some kind at a local college and insisted it was his father that told him that.

Regarding hemp, that's extremely doubtful. That would mean mint, basil, hops, multiple forms of berries and around 100 other species of plant would also be alien.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The problem with Popplers...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This opens lots of possibilities . . . not only could mushrooms have come from another planet, but what if they started life on this one . . . and maybe just maybe introduced religion via psychedelic affects.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't doubt that many organisms, whether they be plants or diseases, have come from outer space. I'm a believer in Panspermia.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I was watching a documentary on plant behavior which is surprisingly complex. One part of documentary talked about how fungus formed this network in Forest that allow s trees to nourish each other and I believe communicate using chemical signals. The mushroom that are visible are just the fruiting bodies of a much larger organism that lives underground. The largest living thing also happens to be a fungus.
Truly incredible life forms.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Outerspace origins or not, they are fascinating. As is their use possibly helping the first steps to helping humans advance into art, language, more.
edit on 24-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Mushrooms and other consciousness altering foods (fungus and plants) are an integral part of life on the Earth.

In fact all life on this Earth share common ancestors. This is not some wild speculation. It is an observable fact. We (all life on Earth) is part of the same thing - part of the same body. According to this article, animals, plants and fungi share a common ancestor that existed 1.1 billion years ago, well into the era of multi-cellular life.

How Are Mushrooms More Similar to Humans than Plants?

y examining the genes of different species, both animal and fungi, the mutational changes can be observed, and genealogical relationships can be determined that go back millions of years. As it turns out, animals and fungi share a common ancestor, and branched away from plants at some point about 1.1 billion years ago. It was only later that animals and fungi separated on the genealogical tree of life.

Upon seeing a mushroom, most people would immediately see it as a vegetative organism, closely related to plants. However, as recent research has shown, mushroom are in fact more closely related to humans that plants!

Fungi and animals are both eukaryotes, with nuclei and other complex structures inside their cell membranes..

What is interesting, I heard about consciousness altering mushrooms is that it is not the mushroom chemicals itself that causes the consciousness alerting. We have receptors in our brain that receive these specific chemicals like a lock and a key. It is the unlocking of the key that initiates these processes. I read if you can trigger these receptors, you can have the same experience without the actual mushrooms.

edit on 24-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Aliens taste pretty good when you saute them or use them as a pizza topping.

Did you hear about the pizza without any toppings?

There was mushroom for improvement!

Okay...okay, that one was pretty cheesy.

So, there once was this mushroom who wanted a girlfriend. He first went and asked a beautiful ant on a date. She said no. He then asked a lady caterpillar, and she also said no. Finally, he asked ladybug. She also said, "no thanks". Sad and frustrated, the young mushroom said, "Why not? I'm a real fun guy!"

Thanks folks, I'll be here all night!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

In Oregon and other areas a small mushroom exists that facilitates love making, another reason to research plant and fungi KINDoms before more species go extinct. Nature has answers if we slow down and learn from her.

Fungi aka the micro herd, soil micro organisms, may be that tangible element that allows agriculture to occur even without great inputs of N, P and K which are in short supply in the world. Needs more study along with benefits of organic practices to preserve the micro herd.

Read Mycelium Rising, How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World by Paul Stamets web site is fungi.com where one can buy soil bacteria, health enhancement formulas, etc. I have met him a couple of times. He is a world mycological consultant and if you go to YouTube he has a channel.
edit on 24-1-2017 by EarthShine because: add sentences

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So if your vegetarian you shouldn't eat mushrooms and plants ?.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
So if your vegetarian you shouldn't eat mushrooms and plants ?.

Pretty sure the OP doesn't mean that mushrooms (and plants even) are the equivalent of alien greys or other claimed species.

Lacto-Ovo- Pescatarian-Alien-Vegetarian?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I believe that everything in nature is from and contains some form of psychedelia. The patterns on leaves, our skin all designed from the patterns and colors inherent from the patterns seen by our eyes.
A fractal reality that is the basis of existence.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
They are more closely related to animals than green plants, but definitely from Earth

universe-review.ca...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

then show proof they came from outer space
also believe it or not i am not a skeptic i believe that humanity is visited daily by beings of unknow( possibly interdimensional) origin

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Funnily, mushrooms could have been the what the bible describes as manna, of the magical variety mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
there's something about tripping on mushrooms.. most of the information and visual effects that you're bombarded with are completely disconnected from your own thoughts. many questions are being asked for you and many are being answered , all at a very intense speed. universally symbolic visual effects like everything breathing, things seeming connected occur. it would be a very intelligent idea of how to pass on knowledge to any species, anywhere it travels. i wonder what advancements have come already to our species from this

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2017 by SolAquarius because: technical difficulties

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

originally posted by: anotherside
... The patterns on leaves, our skin all designed from the patterns and colors inherent from the patterns seen by our eyes.
A fractal reality that is the basis of existence.

Can you elaborate?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I often wonder if the hallucinations of magic mushrooms, Ayahuasca and some tree bark from jungle has a connection to real spirituality and the other side etc.
Maybe even Beer, wine and hash has a slight connection but maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join