It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushrooms could be extraterrestrial

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"The real task with extraterrestrial intelligence will be to recognize it": This is a quote from Terence McKenna. He used it to explain what has been overlooked in almost all discussions of extraterrestrial contact, namely how strange the extraterrestrial is likely to be.

Mushrooms are quite odd if you think about it. They are at the very bottom of the food chain, yet they are everywhere. We don't think of mushrooms as an intelligent species, but mushrooms are a very connected species. Their roots act like an information superhighway that speeds up interactions between a large, diverse population of individuals. It allows individuals who may be widely separated to communicate and help each other out.

Lately, humans have found the key to the blueprints of life namely DNA. Could it be that mushrooms are from outer space and engineered themselves the be able to travel through space and colonize other planets? Their spores are small and light enough to escape the gravity of a planet and be swept by space currents. The casing shell of spores is the hardest organic compound that exists in nature and protects against radiation of all kinds, also radiation in the vacuum of space. If you put all these facts together, it's possible to conclude that the mushroom could be a visitor from outer space.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Heard the same theory about octopus, they basically don't fit with any life we have on earth and cause a problem for the theory of evolution. .or something to that effect, can't really remember all the details..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe it, big Terence McKenna fan. Food of the Gods is a really good book. I can get on board with the whole "stoned-ape" theory as well. Why not? These substances could very well have helped shape human evolution through the psychedelic properties in them.

Can you imagine how the first mushroom trip experience was? Some early human was probably floored for days from the implications.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its been raining like crazy here in Cali
Theres a hundred shrooms on the front lawn, I stepped out and took a pic for you

Mushroom spores could have blown in from another planet. Ive thought that for a long time.
I also think Hemp came from elsewhere, but I think it was brought here by aliens. What other plants have separate males and females?

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Pretty sure we would know by now if mushrooms didn't fit in anywhere on the so called tree of life. So, no, they are not extra terrestrial in origin. Those are some pretty interesting facts in the OP though. Perhaps mushrooms exist (or will exist) somewhere else out there, and they originally came from Earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
WARNING -

Please keep in mind the rules you agreed to when joining ATS. Discussion of personal drug use, legal or otherwise is not allowed. Be warned.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
no

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
no

Good rebuttal! It all makes sense now thanks for the in depth information!

Very interesting idea OP s&f!
edit on 23-1-2017 by Zerodoublehero because: bloop

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Food of the Gods is a great book, and there are a lot of reasons to think mushrooms are E.T. in origin, certain strains more than others. If you get to see mushrooms in an early humid, damp morning, you can also see them growing from the ground, eerie and spectacular

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Aliens taste pretty good when you saute them or use them as a pizza topping.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just need to look at the DNA...kind of simple really...

As it turns out, animals and fungi share a common ancestor, and branched away from plants at some point about 1.1 billion years ago. It was only later that animals and fungi separated on the genealogical tree of life, making mushrooms more closely related to humans than plants.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Aliens taste pretty good when you saute them or use them as a pizza topping.

Or stuffed with couscous!

All this time, we were the horrible alien-eating monsters.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

We need more tasty diplomats from other planets to share themselves with us.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy
Yuck! Ill pass on the alien sautee

I did however make Sirloin tips and baby Portobella mushrooms in gravy over wide buttered egg noodles for dinner last night. It was scrumptious

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

when i say a no like that it means that the idea is so stupid i dont even consider it

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

when i say a no like that it means that the idea is so stupid i dont even consider it

That's what they said to Orville and Wilbur and their fellow feathered brethren at the time.

Anytime someone is that emphatic they are usually wrong. (That's my own personal warning code about my own assertions.)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Don't know if aliens or not, but edible mushrooms are incredibly good for you when consumed regularly.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

I've always liked McKenna's idea.

Maybe they are not ET itself but just ETI? Instead of building a ship to only carsh in the dessert so the monkey men can figure out how it works, just beam down the spores that grow on the already present life's waste products! Then, after a few wild experiences a psychic link is set up! And there is the first contact.

I think somebody else said that there are no "magic" mushroom spores going back in the fossil record. Which explains why we actually found a petrified forest--nothing to break it down. But also heard that that theory did not make sense either. Here is a blast from the past: ATS Alien Fungi and the Origins of Humanity.

Asks some of the same questions and answers a couple too.

for the topic!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join