It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Organization documents say he has resigned from more than 400 businesses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

it`s the same thing,
if a congressman receives stock dividends from a company that does business with a foreign state than that congressman received emoluments from a foreign state, in the form of dividends resulting from increased profits.

Trump doesn`t keep all the money that his companies earn,he receives a salary from the trump corporation, his salary doesn`t increase or decrease based how how much or how little the company earns each month.

e·mol·u·ment
/əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
formal
noun: emolument; plural noun: emoluments
a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.

trump isn`t employed by a foreign state. he might receive profits from foreign states that do business with his companies but so do congressmen who own stocks.

in any case they will have to sue him and let the court figure it out.

edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

If Trump resigned, he will not receive a salary. But, he will reap the benefits of the ownership of a prosperous business, that foreign dignitaries may be patronizing, rather than Trump's competitors, in hopes of gaining his favor in some deal.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I guess the courts will figure it out, he`s being sued for it.

if Hillary could remain impartial after receiving billions in donations from foreigners while secretary of state I`m sure trump can remain impartial.

worse case, he can claim carelessness, negligence and lack of intent, and he`ll be ok.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would like the courts to say only Congress has the standing for these kind of things. The citizens role is to vote at the beginning of the process.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If he doesn't divest, resigning is meaningless. He still knows what he "owns" and will profit from.

Billionaires dont keep a billion in cash. Its mostly ownership stakes. Its not even possible to get out of privately owned businesses quickly, and is entirely impractical to try and withdraw from that much ownership of public ones either. A bank wont hold a billion in cash for you, and certainly wont guarantee it. I dont think you understand how these things work.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
What the hell do people want him to do ?

You want him to give away his business, his money ?

Would you ?

Our leader doesn't have to be poor.

I just feel like Trump is a citizen of the United States of America.

Obama seemed to be a citizen of the World.

A difference of philosophy.

I didn't complain about it the last 8 years, but now I guess we should probably go back and re-visit a sitting president profiting off of multiple books, about himself.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I understand how complicated it is. I don't understand why Trump didn't. He should have had this stuff taken care by the time he won the nomination. Now he's in office and still hasn't taken care of his conflicts!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The liberal crazies who appear as "experts" on CNN are saying that Donald Trump still owns the businesses. He just doesn't hold an official position with them any longer. "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!", they say.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The liberal crazies who appear as "experts" on CNN are saying that Donald Trump still owns the businesses. He just doesn't hold an official position with them any longer. "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!", they say.

They would be correct in saying not good enough.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join