It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAN SPICER: Trump's Media Man (The ATS Journal)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, Spicer said that he is concerned about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I thought he did a great job. Yes, much better than Saturday. I didn't perceive the so-called "whining" aspect, but thought instead that Spicer was pretty durn diplomatic in not calling the lying media "liars" on all the false narratives constantly portrayed on CNN and others. Ari Fleisher seemed to agree afterwards.

What I find most amazing is the petty slamming and ignoring how amazing the President has been before and after the inauguration in sparking the economy and bringing everyone to the table to discuss and make things better.

What President has EVER been both that proactive AND hit the ground running to actually address our economy in a real way? That aspect was non-news to the slanted and disingenuous media it seems.

Spicer is also one of--if not the most--informed Press Secs of my time. He actually understands the issues it appears.

edit on 23-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
How did today's briefing go?

I'm sorta internet crippled today.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I never said "big boy pants." Nor did I say "trigger." You decided to make that up and accuse me of it.
Get your facts straight.
Address the topic, or leave!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It was extraordinary, to say the least.
It was every bit as gripping as a scene on The West Wing when Janney had to face them.

Spicer was all just "here I am" at first, but he got a little shaky when it came to questions about when Trump will address the Hispanic citizens, and especially around the immigrant issue for everyone.

It was schmooz on those, so we'll see whether he ever DOES get to it.

It was also "skirted" about women's rights --- he just went with the blanket "he cares about everyone, born and unborn". The very first question was about Planned Parenthood (rightly so, considering the 4 million who marched and their backers). So - on immigration and health care, there were no answers. Just the vague 'we'll get to that later' stuff.

Meanwhile, I spent this morning looking at the records of the committee members who are grilling these nominees. I see HEAVY pro-life pressure. And not any acknowledgement so far about women's rights to choose. He denied that Trump wants to overturn Roe.

Regarding the march itself, he said, (and I quote): "it was important." When pressed for specifics, he declined.

There was, at least, no pressure to NOT ask questions, and no accusations of lying.
They all agreed to work together.

Not bad at all.
For day one.
edit on 1/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What points are you making except to get on my case (which I said you had a valid complaint btw. ) Or buzzywigs?
I don't see any contribution to civil discourse on this page

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Shamrock6

Do you?

edit on 1232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's an archaic law. I think it will be eventually.
We're not a nation of uneducated farmers anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sean was working for the RNC until a month ago. Now he has a new boss, a demented, deranged, entitled new boss.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

but thought instead that Spicer was pretty durn diplomatic in not calling the lying media "liars"

If he had done that, it would not have gone over well.

As I said, he was respectful but also asked for the dignity of allowing for corrections, just like the media outlets are allowed to do.

(In my mind, this means 'let us defend his tweets before you grab and attack them' or something of that sort.)

He did very well, he was open and smiling and didn't seem smarmy at all.

He did seem very competent, practiced, and 'the show went on' even when he was rattled. He did say early on that he would stay as long as they wanted to. But then he said, "okay, that's all."

So. Yeah. Good start. Shaky on the end, from both sides.

Still. Very professionally done, considering. I thought.
He so far has my respect, and my sympathy for having been put in this position. I will support him as long as he keeps up the graciousness and owns the 'necessary corrections', just like he wants the press to do.

We don't want anyone "demoralized" now, do we?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Many regulations were safety concerns or environmental protections.
Do we want new Super Fund sites to clean up or unsafe working conditions?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Debate what you damn fool? It's a thread commenting on the performance of Sean Spicer. There is no damn argument. Drop your observations and then we can go from there. You have been doing nothing but attacking people the minute you entered the thread.

Go somewhere man.
edit on 23-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Sean was working for the RNC until a month ago. Now he has a new boss, a demented, deranged, entitled new boss.
I did notice that some of the CNN after-pundits were saying it seemed out of character for him.

I don't know how valid that is, not at all.

NEVER heard of the guy before.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I never said "big boy pants." Nor did I say "trigger." You decided to make that up and accuse me of it.
Get your facts straight.
Address the topic, or leave!

Actually I didn't make anything up, nor did I claim you said either of those things. Shame that you're sticking with the "leave my echo chamber" shtick instead of addressing the comment I actually did direct at you.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I don't know if you all are watching it

Just for future debate of press conference(s) maybe post a transcript or a video? What network reported; cnn fox abc cbs
As the thread progresses I can see a lot of confusion arising from not linking source material.

I'd like to take part, but I don't know what piece of news is addressed in the OP.

your friend

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
TPP was killed in congress last year.
NAFTA actually keeps jobs in this country as a full 60% of what we import from Mexico or Canada goes into the production of American made goods or services. Mexico and Canada are the biggest consumers of American exports and in fact if an American business has any international trade at all it is probably with Canada or Mexico.
I will take opposing views on that ...discuss

I voted for Perot when I was in HS. His message was verbatim Trump's, except he wasn't as badly the sexist racist bully schoolboy.

The bottom line is the only way we can compete is by raising our skill base and education is the key to achieving that. However, there's a large segment of our population who're unable to get through college. And then there're those middle class workers who fell behind, so it was an effective pay cut. The result is the giant sucking sound, as Perot termed it. Whether it's wages or jobs. Wage-wise, $15 or $25 can't compete with $3 or $5.

And look at where most of those profits went. They went to the richest. Lower and middle class workers have suffered.

We could see this as a failure of our people to stay competitive. The displacement resulting from free trade is a byproduct of competition. We might blame ourselves and be happy with the low prices.

EDIT: I believe this is longterm, esp since the 1970's. I think prison incarceration, mass homelessness, affordable housing and labor force participation are all tied into it. It's a corrupt marriage of corporation and state.

edit on 1/23/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Debate what you damn fool? It's a thread commenting on the performance of Sean Spicer. There is no damn argument. Drop your observations and then we can go from there. You have been doing nothing but attacking people the minute you entered the thread.

Go somewhere man.

I did offer my observations, and I got told to leave the thread because I didn't echo the sentiment in the OP.

And then get told again, because you can't be arsed to read any of the other comments, much less discuss them.

You people are hysterical, and I mean that in the old-timey, panicked, extremely emotional sense of the word.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I voted for and passionately supported Hillary on this site since March. Imagine my battle scars lol.

I don't deal in alternative facts.

Is he advocating punishing American businesses for goods produced overseas???
What happens when he drives up the costs of imports with high tariffs?
Americans made goods will still cost more because of wages and that won't make anyone happy.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I saw the same. THANK YOU for joining in! I hope this will be an exercise in thoughtful and informed critical thinking for all members.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Many regulations were safety concerns or environmental protections.
Do we want new Super Fund sites to clean up or unsafe working conditions?

I seriously doubt the regulation reductions will cause any problems.

Trump and the advisors might not be as dumb as many people want them to be.

My bet says any regulation reductions will be focused on creating competition.

People have gotten too used to the MSM agendas and the automatic assumptions that everything you see on CNN is true and complete.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I am a Bern Unit.

Imagine how THAT feels! We were all there on Saturday -- Hillary's AND Bernie's crowds. UNITED. ALL TOGETHER.

That is what this new administration has to face. I hope both of them will speak about their reactions/thoughts about the march. But I was more interested today to watch the actual proceedings....

I have already contacted my members of Congress (more than once!)
Let's do it, girlfriend!!

edit on 1/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join