It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAN SPICER: Trump's Media Man (The ATS Journal)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
His pointed respect for Maura Liaison was a great thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know. I was like oh my, mommy they're being g mean to me. Make them stop.

God I hope he has at least one pair of big boy pants to put on..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ever try to type and keep up with a tv commentator?
Unless you're a court reporter you're going to get a bit disconnected in concepts.
Sooooooo instead of criticizing the writing style pick an issue and address that. Or don't. Your choice.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You claim he's skirting issues. He is. Just like every other press secretary has at some point. He gives pointed answers to questions he can pointedly answer and gives vague answers to other questions.

Why did you feel that was newsworthy?

It is the news. It is facts. It happened. I'm the on-the-spot reporter. I don't get to ask him questions---I get to watch him answer the questions of all of the press corps, and then have an index to use to compare it to how the "media" reports what I just saw.

Don't really need your permission to think that every press briefing will be newsworthy. If you don't care about every single one, then don't participate!

If it's not interesting to you, go to some other thread. Easy peasy.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You see when the right whines, its 'calling out the media'

When its the left doing it though its 'being triggered'

I better not hear one Trump supporter talk of snowflakes when your snowflake-in-chief and his snowflake secretary reigns supreme in that right.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Awwww

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Spicer did ok, although I thought he was a bit emotional at times and is, understandably, still dealing with nerves.
He had a couple of shaky moments, but generally seemed to answer as best he could.

edit on 23/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I don't know if you all are watching it,
but I want to make a thread to follow this stuff. (And I will be saving every day's post.)

DAY ONE. Spicer and the Press ........ have to be civil. It's Training Day.

Are you guys watching this? I already have notes.

I'm paying particular attention to who is asking, who they work for, and this is like some sort of reality-tv transformation.
Spicer did well until just about now. (See time stamp).

He is an apologist. And he is being shown that we don't think it can be true --- but he skirts the issues.

"Demoralizing," he whines. "It's demoralizing to watch the press reporting and its frustrating" (for him to hear that it wasn't awesome is demoralizing. VERBATIM.)

It's hurting his feelings. The marches worked.

It's really remarkable.

"The point is about a constant theme every time 'no'. He won't, he can't, he isn't, he........."
It's a PITY PARTY!!!

OMG.

We have to have thicker skin to survive on ATS than........... he's VULNERABLE.

When we're right, say we're right. When we're wrong, say we're wrong. He just said.

I'm reporting this STRAIGHT UP to ATS:

The first press conference is impressive, and I am hearing VERY GOOD THINGS about what he's willing to answer, and his point. We are, though ---- this is now C-SPAN gone commercial.

Reality tv. There are so many issues (well, we all know I made a list of the things we need to address): NEXT STEPS

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He did really well there for a while....he did. They got off to a pleasant enough start.

The pressure was built very slowly, and decorum was maintained. He said what Trump tells him to. It hurts Trump's feelings and is demoralizing to wake up to bad news every day.

I will be comparing Trump's tweets to Spicer's briefings here. I can't do it all alone though - so, if anyone wants to help scout it out and file reports, that's great!!

If people have opinions or views about it, that's great! But THIS THREAD is about DENYING IGNORANCE ABOUT THE PRESS SECRETARY AND THE MEDIA AS A UNIT.

We all want real news here.

Go to the source.
Spicer is the source. The press corps are OUR reporters. Celebrate the process, and share your own gleanings.
This is perhaps the MOST important job for the purpose of UNDIVIDING this land as can be.

The MEDIA relationship with government is the PUBLIC relationship, and that means that every flavor of website that wants to deliver "news" should be called to account if they distort ANYTHING that was said into something it was not.

We will allow corrections. Thin skin is thin skin. If he wants all the gold, he has to earn them one star at a time.

I'm optimistic!!!!

It was chunky, but it wasn't too hard to swallow.
That's my 'tweet' review of the Spicer Show Day One.

The rest is all pipe-dreams.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What you wanted to see**

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
At the complaining about news basically hurting their feelings, I was all "Dude, you castrated or something?" Talk about being a girly-man over something EVERY president has to put up with. Jesus Tapdancing Christ on a Pogo Stick, Dubya walked out of there with more grace & composure than either of these 2 walked in with.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

He smiled a lot and opened with a self deprecating joke about Josh Earnest still being the most popular press secretary which I appreciated.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

What you wanted to see**

a reply to: TheBulk whaaaaaaaaaaaa meme

OMG. NO.

Okay, this is not meant to be attacking me. It is meant to be a collective effort to make sense of what happens next.
I WATCHED THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

YOU CAN WATCH THEM TOO.
I WILL MAKE NOTES ABOUT THE Qs and As AS I WATCH THEM.

good gawd.

you know, you don't have to come back.
either participate with the membership who gives a crap about us parsing FACT from FICTION in the press. Let's be THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.

So much this is what I'd like to be able for us to say: "if you saw it on ATS, it is not FAKE NEWS" If that shames Breitbart or Jones or NPR or ESPN or CNN or MSNBC, we will KNOW IT.

YOu don't want to participate? Butt-hurt is across the hall. When you grow up, please come back and have a seat at the committee table.

edit on 1/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ever try to type and keep up with a tv commentator?
Unless you're a court reporter you're going to get a bit disconnected in concepts.
Sooooooo instead of criticizing the writing style pick an issue and address that. Or don't. Your choice.

Sure have. I also expect somebody who's creating a thread to make a coherent thread that's worthy of discussion.

I'd have happily picked a topic if there was a coherent point in the OP to pick and discuss. Now that I'm watching the presser for myself (which, apparently, was the point all along) I'm picking issues and addressing them.

Coming from somebody who's contributions to the thread so far are about big boy pants and triggering, your comment is indeed ironic.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Not snowflakes...slush

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I watched it.

Looked pretty civil. He answered what he could.

Compared to the last two...He looks pretty good.

Just watched some and glad to see the change. The previous conference on saturday was pathetic--and he was wrong too.
edit on 1/23/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: whyamIhere

He smiled a lot and opened with a self deprecating joke about Josh Earnest still being the most popular press secretary which I appreciated.
Yes, I thought he opened very well. Nothing smug or bossy. Just "here I am" --- the lamb facing the wolves that his master poked.

Not bad, Sean. I wouldn't want his job. He obviously is very familiar with Allison Janney's portayal and Josh Earnest's reputation. Well done to show some deference to his "predecessors". Some respect.

It must have been really difficult, and he did a MUCH better job than Kellyanne has EVER managed.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You claim he's skirting issues. He is. Just like every other press secretary has at some point. He gives pointed answers to questions he can pointedly answer and gives vague answers to other questions.

Why did you feel that was newsworthy?

It is the news. It is facts. It happened. I'm the on-the-spot reporter. I don't get to ask him questions---I get to watch him answer the questions of all of the press corps, and then have an index to use to compare it to how the "media" reports what I just saw.

Don't really need your permission to think that every press briefing will be newsworthy. If you don't care about every single one, then don't participate!

If it's not interesting to you, go to some other thread. Easy peasy.

Why is it that whenever you're challenged, you try to get dismissive? This is the problem with political debate: you made a comment, I challenged you on your comment, and you're now telling me I should go to some other thread and ranting about needing my permission for something? Particularly when you couldn't even be bothered with actually giving me an answer as to why you felt it was newsworthy to say he's being evasive when that's completely standard for the press secretary to do. All you've done is substitute a rant for an answer.

I didn't say anything about needing my permission, bucko. You made an assertion that he's being evasive. I challenged your assertion. ATS is not your echo chamber.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

As Ari Fleischer said "This is called a statement you're told to make by the President. And you know the President is watching,"

I really enjoyed watching Ari, he was good, but I knew when he knew what he was saying was a lie, but that's his job.

Anyway, re Sean Spicer. I don't know how long he will personally be able to handle this job. Unlike Conway, he seems to have some moral compass. Given another POTUS, Sean would do a great job, but I don't think he has the capability to handle the magnitude of the bs and dangerous traits of his boss.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Starts at about 17 min.

Watching now

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join