It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells business leaders he wants to cut regulations by 75% or 'maybe more'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Kaploink
Just remember than many regulations are supported by business to make entry in the market harder. The big guys will not likely support removing 75 percent of the regulation if it means they will face increased competition. You can bet they will spend millions lobbying congress against it.

Thats the part that many people don't see and most likely 75 percent of those regulations were created and drafted by Large Corporations where our politicians just robo signed them.

Let's hope not, or else Tarzan is gonna swing out of his treehouse into their executive suites with a new proposal.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Just remember than many regulations are supported by business to make entry in the market harder. The big guys will not likely support removing 75 percent of the regulation if it means they will face increased competition. You can bet they will spend millions lobbying congress against it.

Thats the part that many people don't see and most likely 75 percent of those regulations were created and drafted by Large Corporations where our politicians just robo signed them.

Yes and no.

Some are and some are not. And some that are are still bad because they are anti-competition and need to be chucked.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Let's hope not, or else Tarzan is gonna swing out of his treehouse into their executive suites with a new proposal.

I don't know what tarzan is going todo , but I know our Lazy corrupted Politicians aren't sitting in their offices trying to figure out what regulations they could create to help the little guy.

Especially when lobbyist have a dream team of lawyers dedicated to creating regulations and handing them to our Politicians to simply sign with a bonus check behind it.

Hence that Princeton Study which shows that the little guy never wins over big money. So our Politicians are either horrible in creating regulations or the ones who always win with the big bucks is giving it to them to just sign.

edit on 40131America/ChicagoMon, 23 Jan 2017 16:40:21 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Indeed.

Tarzan is annoying, as anyone in this thread can see.

If anyone tries to combat what I expect to be good work now, I'll become famous to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes and no.

Some are and some are not. And some that are are still bad because they are anti-competition and need to be chucked.

Well obviously I didn't go through them to find out but I'm willing to bet that most weren't drafted by the little guy or to protect the little guy.

The one regulation that I have seen as of recent times that protects the little guy and encourages competition is net neutrality. However, that was passed before the gov't and the ISP industry caught wiff of it. Ofcourse now the Republicans are trying to kill it because the ISP lobbying is giving them money.

Don't get me wrong the Left is not trying to kill it not because they care or are good but because they are getting paid by the online Oligopoly who needs net neutrality to survive.

Luckily their is at least one opposing Oligopoly that unintentionally and has the best interest of the consumer and that is it Online Oligopoly (google,netflix,amazon,etc). They want fast,cheap , affordable internet for everyone.

Usually when gov't does regulations it ends F n the general population and it favors big business.
edit on 51131America/ChicagoMon, 23 Jan 2017 16:51:15 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I didn't get into the study, but I read the article. Seems like they wasted time and money discovering what everyone already knew - again...

Trump is the Presidential answer. People realizing they don't have to be employees would be a better answer.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Yay, now shoot for 100% and we'll be on the right road.

Do you like eating beef with human body parts in it? Or you don't mind if the waiter serving your food just got done taking a messy crap and didn't wash his hands before serving you food?

Food safety regulations are state and local issues for the most part---as they should be. I think that removing federal regulations on issues that have long been state issues is a fine idea. Otherwise we have massive problems with duplications of regulations, some of which are conflicting.
If you've never run a business you have no idea.
Even though I've not run a business in years, I speak with business owners constantly who are suffering because they are spending so much time making sure that paperwork is properly filed that they have little time left for actual business. Is it okay with you that products you require cost double what they should because of the extra labor required to fill out useless papers that nobody reads to mailed to the feds? That hundreds of man-hours are lost each month to endless red tape when federal regulations conflict with state regs? Have you ever spent hours on the phone with those agencies just trying to get answers and clarifications? If you had, you would realize how reasonable Trump sounds when he says that 75% of the FEDERAL regs can be abolished---it's because he has actually run a business and knows the stupidity.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gonna go pour some oil in the river to celebrate.
edit on 23-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I am noob with this sort of thing, but does it essentially means that there will be much less risk and much more chance of success when starting a business?

Starting or continuing. Federal regulations require my airline to use only pilots who hold federal certificates. Think of all the exess proit I could make and use to hire more employees if I could have otherwise unemployed cafeteria workers fly the planes. And don't get me started about that regulation that makes the plane carry enough fuel to go to the destination, then the alternate airport, and then requires another 45 minutes. Wasteful. Go Trump. Make America full of big black smoking holes in the ground.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

You really think only regulations make those things possible?

Please tell me you aren't a pilot. I would expect a pilot to have more critical thinking abilities.

People don't want to screw up a flight.

If you think regulations prevent wrongdoing, then why have all the evil people been getting away with their jazz?

I haven't met one person who is regulated by law - but many by conscience and intellect.
edit on 1/23/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: F4guy

You really think only regulations make those things possible?

Please tell me you aren't a pilot. I would expect a pilot to have more critical thinking abilities.

People don't want to screw up a flight.

If you think regulations prevent wrongdoing, then why have all the evil people been getting away with their jazz?

I haven't met one person who is regulated by law - but many by conscience and intellect.

I have been a pilot for over fifty years, and I have seen what people in search of profit will do for a pecuniary advantage. And since the FAA seems to regulate by bloodshed, aviation is particularly rife with examples. Until the Los Ceritos accident resulted in a new regulation, people routinely cut through high density terminal arrival areas without a transponder. Until a series of crashes involving woefully inexperienced crewmember resulted in new Part 121 and 135 regs, air carriers hired the cheapest, most inexperienced pilots they could get. You could have "250 hour wonders" crewing your regional jet. Sometimes greed overpowers integrity, and when it does the need for regulation arises.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join