It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells business leaders he wants to cut regulations by 75% or 'maybe more'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

For the purpose of competition, yeah.

I've studied marketing extensively. Marketing to compete is not the same thing as advertising, whose intent is to instill and/or profit from the prejudice of a demographic.

Marketing means simply appealing to the target demographic.

It's not about need, it's not about want - it's all about causing the receiver to be tempted by one of the 7 sins:

Greed - it'll make me more money

Gluttony - it's a new taste to fill my mouth with

Sloth - I won't have to work as hard

Pride - I'll be perceived as being what I stand for on the surface

Envy - others will see me as above them because they want what I have

Wrath - I make a statement and punish those against me

And most definitely not least, Lust - Boobs, Pecs, Ass, and Legs - because I deserve it.

Make sure to shed a tear, and you can sell a popsicle to an Eskimo.

I know how it all works. That's why I loathe it so much.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

replace alot of useless regulations with a smaller amount of useful regulations. dont let the word regulation fool you into thinking all regulations are good. most are not. most just get in the way and kill productivity, efficiency, and progress.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

in this case i think hating the player instead of the game is more logical. educated rational people dont fall victim to advertising. companies do what they do because its effective. yes they prey on people but thats just because people are easily preyed upon.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just spent an hour this morning in safety training. The subject was "Certifying Confined Spaces" and "Preventing Falls From High Places". I work in the office at a computer. There are no "Confined Spaces" at our facility. The only people who may work in a "High Place" is Maintenance when they change a light bulb. Twenty four people, one hour each doing safety training for something that they will never do. Twenty four man hours, just thrown away, because one of our other facilities, that none of us is ever going to visit does have a need for this training, therefore we have to get it.

There is a regulation that needs killed.

Then there is the regulation concerning the exact shade of yellow tape or paint that is used to mark walkways.

How about the regulation that every computer at a local college has to be wheelchair accessible, when there are only two students in wheelchairs? I'm not saying that people in wheelchairs shouldn't have access to a computer, but, only being able to put 15 workstations in a lab that can comfortably hold 30, with 10 being wheelchair accessible, seems more reasonable.

Having to treat the solution that breaks down the support material from our 3D printer as hazardous waste, when it is mild Draino and cornstarch. We use 3 gallons of it per month.

I can go on and on.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

in this case i think hating the player instead of the game is more logical. educated rational people dont fall victim to advertising. companies do what they do because its effective. yes they prey on people but thats just because people are easily preyed upon.

I despise both, but the players in secret. I still love people, even if I can't stand them or relate to them at all.
edit on 1/23/2017 by TarzanBeta because: Worded backwards

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

...educated rational people dont fall victim to advertising...

HAH!

Oh, sorry, you're being serious

It takes a special kind of idiot to think they are immune to advertising. Educated rational people realise that it might just take a different kind of advertising to appeal to them. For instance, something that highlights just how educated and rational they are.

Hmmm, that leather-bound set of the complete works of Shakespeare would look perfect in my study, just think how clever it will make me look!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dont think we start dispensing with occupational health and safety,food safety,environmental or other legislations where lives human and non-human are at stake, however there is one major area Trump can see too,the US tax code is about 2600 pages long and the tax rate 34 or 35% depending on income,Hong Kong has 276 pages and a tax rate of 16.5 per cent.

Where would you do business?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

That has a lot to do with people who are idiots who sue after getting hurt doing something stupid.

If your boss tells you to do something stupid, say "No" and get fired. You're now free from stupidity. If your next potential employer won't hire you because of that, be happy, you dodged a bullet.

Those kinds of things are punishment to the bosses, and the innocent are punished for the guilty.

When I was a roofer, the motto was "You're fired before you hit the ground!"

I was the only one smart enough to realize that saying no until the proper equipment showed up was the proper course of action.

But Pops kept me because a smart roofer is rare. Then I betrayed him like a disgusting fool.

Still sorry about that, Pops. Should have never gone to the other company.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I am actually immune to advertising.

But I agree that many who think they are aren't, in fact, are. They just aren't aware of their personal biases or temptations.
edit on 1/23/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

These are all OSHA, EPA and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) issues, nothing to do with being sued.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

These are all OSHA, EPA and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) issues, nothing to do with being sued.

Where do you think the source of their manipulations is derived from?

There has to be a reality to manipulate, a fear, before anyone could be sold on oversight.

Think of the source of problems, not the profiteers and agitators and false sentries.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Government bureaucrats on a petty power trip to justify their existence and stay employed. I've been around this crap for almost 35 years.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I dont think we start dispensing with occupational health and safety,food safety,environmental or other legislations where lives human and non-human are at stake, however there is one major area Trump can see too,the US tax code is about 2600 pages long and the tax rate 34 or 35% depending on income,Hong Kong has 276 pages and a tax rate of 16.5 per cent.

Where would you do business?

I know that I would produce and sell "Ip Man" in Hong Kong.
edit on 1/23/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Government bureaucrats on a petty power trip to justify their existence and stay employed. I've been around this crap for almost 35 years.

And they thrive on the insecurity and greed of both the employer and employee.

Which means money.

Which means lawsuits.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

hahaha. i can relate.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

yeah obviously anyone can be advertised to. we all need and want things. the context of my reply was advertising focused on people insecurities and superficial desires. ill be more specific from now on if you need me to be. ok?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Love your 7 sins analysis thats a keeper well regardless of Ip Man its Wallmart,Home Depot and the Department stores you've got to get all the Chinese crap out of and that will require advertising because of the price differential maybe you'll need a star system or rating system,made 100% in the USA,made in the USA from local and imported ingredients and so on down.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

yeah obviously anyone can be advertised to. we all need and want things. the context of my reply was advertising focused on people insecurities and superficial desires. ill be more specific from now on if you need me to be. ok?

Marketing can be directed at me, indeed. Advertising wouldn't work on me because I hate that I should ever think I'm better. And I recognize the vulnerabilities produced from that mindset: "You know you're no better, but you see things a different way, which is why you deserve this..."

I'd immediately say, "You just blasted that to 100,000 people. I don't want what you got."

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Love your 7 sins analysis thats a keeper well regardless of Ip Man its Wallmart,Home Depot and the Department stores you've got to get all the Chinese crap out of and that will require advertising because of the price differential maybe you'll need a star system or rating system,made 100% in the USA,made in the USA from local and imported ingredients and so on down.

I just buy what is right. My phone is Japanese, my car is Korean.

It was right.

If America gets its collective head out of its collective ass, that will all change.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaploink
Just remember than many regulations are supported by business to make entry in the market harder. The big guys will not likely support removing 75 percent of the regulation if it means they will face increased competition. You can bet they will spend millions lobbying congress against it.

Thats the part that many people don't see and most likely 75 percent of those regulations were created and drafted by Large Corporations where our politicians just robo signed them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join