It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A house divided.........mine.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Destructive and ill-thought repeal of the ACA started immediately with no agreement as to the replacement?

He's already done that.

Has he treated women like crap already? Yes. Before the election.

Has he smugly pretended that he has a mandate and given a fake-news dismissive wave of his hand to the 3 million more people who voted for his opponent? Has he pretended they were illegals, despite real facts (as opposed to alternate facts)?

He has already done things. He has the power to do more unchecked except by moderate republicans, which may yet stand against him.

Has he been rewarded for
Bullying and bad behavior? Yes.

And please understand, the above thought experiment was not something I want to argue about or defend.

I am watching. I am waiting. My expectations are that chaos will ensue but until it does, I can only say that I expect it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

What I don't understand, is that it's over, Trump is POTUS, good or bad, hopefully good. Now it's time to work together and make sure he does a good job.

I agree. I had one inflexible rule when I owned my company. My employees were not allowed to bitch and complain about a problem. If something broke, or needed fixing, I insisted that all of their time and energy be used to resolve the problem. If they couldn't come up with a solution, they could bring me the problem, but not before they had made an an attempt to resolve it. I didn't want to hear, nor would I accept passing the buck or throwing someone under the bus as a solution.

We were faced with a choice that never should have presented itself. It was like having our child cut in half and we fought over who got the left side and who got the right.

We have a broken ship. It will continue to sink and the next election will be even a bigger debacle because we have shown that we are not just willing to go down with a sinking ship, we are willing to kill each other as entertainment as we drown.

Our only hope is to work together. Bitching, complaining and pointing fingers, is not going to right this ship.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here's the thing. As married folks know we are each others" sounding board" for their day. We come home & we discuss our day with each other. Since the election she has no "sounding board". Why you ask? Cause I'm not gonna sit each and every day while she re-hash's that days news about Trump that pissed her off......all news about Trump piss's her off. I try as much as I can to steer our conversations into a more relaxed topic. a reply to: VinylTyrant

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I know people who vote straight republican or straight democrat. They are stout believers in the party lines.

I try not to talk politics with anyone in real life, it is a very aggravating subject. Also things to avoid talking about are religion and abortion. Sports can also be a problem.Now I have to avoid talking about pink pussy hats too.

Pretty soon all we will be able to talk about is self driving cars and of course ice cream. You can even get reprimanded by the wife if you don't buy the ice cream on the list. Just let her believe you forgot, never complain it cost too much.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Here's the thing. As married folks know we are each others" sounding board" for their day. We come home & we discuss our day with each other. Since the election she has no "sounding board". Why you ask? Cause I'm not gonna sit each and every day while she re-hash's that days news about Trump that pissed her off......all news about Trump piss's her off. I try as much as I can to steer our conversations into a more relaxed topic. a reply to: VinylTyrant

in no way do I doubt that you don't try, I know, believe me.

Every relationship is different because people are different.
For me to change that subject, I get right up in her neck, sniff her, and kiss her all on her shoulder, neck and collarbone area.
Gently pull her close and tell her how much I love her. That right there would stop our worst fights.
If this arousal recipe doesn't work for everyone then I guess I'm luckier than I thought I was.

Or maybe try to slightly turn it into a joke. Let her get it out but then ask jokingly, what should we do? Lets pretend we took the bad, mean old president out. Lets curse his name, forever, so we don't have to always talk about this.

I don't know, after any of that don't work.
My wife don't like Trump but she wouldn't waste much time on him.

TRUMP 2017

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Maybe it's time to have a talk about this.

This is pretty toxic and it can't go on like this. I can't imagine hating my own husband like this even if he or I had turned around and voted for the other one.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are so right. What does it hurt to just agree with her. Apologize for anything you said that she could take in a negative way.

Jewelry helps.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Does she have a BIC lighter???

I'm thinkin' I'd be goin' to sleep with wet hair around her if I were you!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'd call it womens intuition.

They know

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I solved this problem in one day. I showed my wife the video yesterday of the woman having a meltdown on the airplane. She said " that woman is out of line & should have been removed from that plane". I said " do you really feel that way?' she said "yes I do". I then brought in my step-son who is 26 yrs old. I showed him the video, as his mom watched. When the video ended I asked my step-son...." Who does that woman remind you of & who is she acting like" He said " she's acting like mom".

After about a 15 min cool down period, my wife offered me & my step-son an apology for how she's been the past couple of weeks. Thank you woman who freaked the hell out on that plane.....you helped me in the best way possible, you got my wife to see how absurd her actions & words were. We have promised each other.....no more politics in the Steve & Carol household....we put it away the same way we did with religion. After which we did that thing that Sheldon talks about....

edit on 24-1-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Who's "Sheldon"??

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I got called out last night for a 15 year old victim and it turned into an all-niter.

When you are in a stressful environment, we often try to lighten the stress a bit with a bit of camaraderie and silly jokes. I was lucky to be working with a team I have worked with before, and a couple of new folks I didn't know on sight. Of course someone had to drift over into politics, and it wasn't long before the jokes, became a little more than silly. A small case of the virtual world bleeding over into the real world.

At first I didn't say anything, I just ignored the comments. Maybe that was a mistake because, I think it offered encouragement. When I said, "You know, I respect the privacy of the poll booth, that is why I never ask anyone who they voted for." Everyone got quiet. I then said, "You know, I think an election is a lot like our job." "We treat everyone with respect, we start with believing whatever they say, until it is proven that what they have reported is untrue, we stand by and protect the rights of the victims and the perpetrators, and we never allow our personal feelings to get in the way of getting the job done right." "Isn't that great?"

No more politics where discussed after that. The night was long, the atmosphere was one of close cooperation, respect, and congeniality.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ever watch The Big Bang Theory? My wife's favorite t.v. show.a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join