It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ComedyCentral- Another tasteless joke at the expense of Barron. This one about rape.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It was a tasteless joke but why get so worked up over it? Didn't Trump say we needed to basically kill the families of terrorists to get even with them?

This election season has really highlighted the biases and cognitive dissonance of the people regardless of what side of the aisle they lean towards.

They've constantly pushed these kinds of stories to make the cognitive dissonance worse and worse among the people so that each side has enough ammo on the other side to believe they're 100% right while ignoring their own contradictions.

It's just amazing how both sides are so similar yet their members refuse to see it because of the constant propaganda being put out there that confirms their own biases.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei
I for example did not even know his (Trumps) son is named Barron. What I saw was a kid getting used for rape jokes. Why is it okay when it´s Trumps son (see your second sentence)?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WonOunce

In order to be consistent with my stance here I have to take issue with you for referring to the Obama children as 'weird and awkward'.

You've chosen an odd place to malign them given the nature of this thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I didn't say it was ok I just said why get worked up over it? I'm equally as disgusted by this as what Trump said about those families, but that takes a non-partisan viewpoint to see it seems. There are few people on these boards that look at things objectively these days and they let their emotions and bipartisanship get in the way of their logic.

If it's bad for one it must be bad for the other, most people on here seem to think otherwise from what I've been seeing the past year and a half if not longer.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm so confused, is it okay for adults to bully children or not? People are saying "ah, it's only a joke." "Don't take it so seriousy.". But i don't know anyone who would want what is being directed toward Trump's kid, being posted on the internet about their own kids. These people are opening the floodgates for an ever increasing conflict. Obviously being directed by the media who are obviously funded by Trump's political opposition. The lies and threats coming from CNN alone should be a huge red flag to wake some of these people up. But the media has us all divided by race, religion, economics, dozens of genders, political bent, the food you eat, and the type of music you like. None of these people can intermix now because they are all protesting for their own special rights. But what they are really after is some free # and youtube face time.

The tv has given us how many examples of picking nobodies out of a crowd and turning them into rich superstars right before our eyes. Now everyone wants their turn. This is what this is all about. Internet fandom. Buy a gopro, prank some hoodrats, take some punches, become a millionaire. Why get an education when you can make money filming yourself playing video games and ranting about nothing? Spew some horrific jokes about the president's kid being a rapist with a little pp or an autistic murderer, and get ingratiated with stars, likes, hits, subs, shares, reposts, and retweets, from all social media.

But... these are some of the same people who would fist fight or burn your house down if you said anything similar to their kids.

a reply to: loam

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Didn't Trump say we needed to basically kill the families of terrorists to get even with them?

So why were you asking that question then?

What I see here is members that approve such kind of behavior because of their political standpoint. How #ed up is this? No care, no commiseration. Just another chance to take a dump on the other political side.

Disgusting.

edit on 24-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

To bring Trump's own (similar) comments into perspective with the topic of the thread. People excused his comments on terrorists' families yet they find this to be unforgivable, all because of partisanship.

Both comments should be reprimanded but only one or the other seems to be the case around here.
edit on 1/24/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

He is a comic.

His joke which you find unacceptable has nothing to do with Comedy Central.

Whether you like his humor or not his professional affiliations are not part of his private twitter account.

You are very sensitive. That boy is a millionaire and you are not. You will never be. Unless.....

Oh boy. So you do find mom rape jokes involving a 10 year old acceptable?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I don't think "weird and awkward" are in the same category as rape jokes. Maybe I am in the minority on that one. The point was though I believe that those jokes weren't made regardless. Making a statement in an ATS thread still isn't the same.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Adults making jokes at the expense of a SPECIFIC CHILD has nothing to do with political correctness.

No wonder this world is f'd.

Yeah...I don't remember hearing jokes like "In their native country, Obama's daughters would have already be raped and have aids Probably by Obama himself".

Also tasteless and unfunny. Also NEVER SAID!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

To bring Trump's own (similar) comments into perspective with the topic of the thread. People excused his comments on terrorists' families yet they find this to be unforgivable, all because of partisanship.

Both comments should be reprimanded but only one or the other seems to be the case around here.

What a load of crap! Go ahead...give me anything Trump said similar to a ten year old child raping someone's mother.

I DARE YOU! And if you can't...and if you do and it isn't "similar", you just prove yourself an idiot.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Mothers and sex the guy is Sigmund Freud material.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

That has absolutely nothing to do with a sick idiot attacking a 10yr old kid.
The irony is that it is your own partisanship that is forcing you seek out ways to excuse this.
I have not seen one person who does not like Trump simply say "this is disgusting" without some BS caveat.
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes you have! I don't necessarily like Trump, but I didn't mention it because it has nothing to do with this topic.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I agree with what you say to a point and I worded my post carefully. I began with 'in order to be consistent with my stance here' and felt my comments were reasonably mild.

There have been words such as 'hypocrite' flung around here. People were asking where all Barron's defenders were when the children of other presidents were subjected to abuse.

So although 'weird and awkward' is not especially insulting I couldn't let the remarks go unaddressed. Largely because they were unnecessary and the poster just seemed to be taking an opportunity to get in a dig.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Yes you have! I don't necessarily like Trump, but I didn't mention it because it has nothing to do with this topic.

Well done to you - not just for denouncing this idiot 'comedian' but for hiding your dislike for Trump. Rare.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well to be fair I dislike him as much as any politician, no more and no less. With the exception of Hillary who I dislike in a disproportionate amount to the rest of them lol. But you are right, this isn't an issue of R or D but decency, manners, and maturity.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The left is redefining the word insane. Also pushing the limits of hypocrisy.

Forgot her name, some idiot comedian, extreme Hillary supporter and supporter of immigration, open borders, etc, who made fun of Melania for barely being able to speak English.

The insanity there is she'd fully support Mexicans who can barely speak English, never mind other immigrants(which Melania is) or that Melania speaks five languages.

So the left who is pro immigration and spazzes out anytime someone questions immigrants, is also spewing hate at Melania for being an immigrant and non-native English speaker.

Insanity. But as Michael Savage said years ago, liberalism is a mental disorder. Gone beyond that at this point.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Posted early, edit pending
edit on 25-1-2017 by MamaShredAK because: (no reason given)

My mistake dou let post, still figuring it all out 😆
edit on 25-1-2017 by MamaShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

He is a comic.

His joke which you find unacceptable has nothing to do with Comedy Central.

Whether you like his humor or not his professional affiliations are not part of his private twitter account.

You are very sensitive. That boy is a millionaire and you are not. You will never be. Unless.....

Unless what? Are you trying to make a joke also? Please let's hear it .

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join