It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ComedyCentral- Another tasteless joke at the expense of Barron. This one about rape.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I miss the old days when people considered the impact of what they wanted to say before they opened their mouths.

People rarely had to apologize because they examined all the possible consequences before flapping their jib.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I think the real problem is the Internet. People feel they can say things they would never say face to face with someone. Sitting behind a keyboard allows one to forget they are discussing other human beings and allows them to dissociate from reality. Things will always be said to shock people as long as you don't have to worry about someone deciding to correct bad manners.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Rape jokes are not okay. There, are you clear now?

Not only are rape jokes okay, they can be hilarious.

"Who's gonna complain about a rape joke? Rape victims? They barely even report rape"

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm no radical feminist, but there is nothing funny about rape. It is the supreme mindf*** and really screws up the victims.

No more rape jokes.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

So how long before "2 guys walk into a bar" jokes are wrong because of the dangers of alcoholism?

I called the rape assistance line... turns out it's just for victims.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It wasnt funny.. and let me tell ya, I know dark humor funny when I see it.
Some folks just cant control themselves when given freedom. I exercise my freedom of speech, but kids are off limits to most of us. Ive said some awful things in humor of the moment.. darkest moments.. but I can control myself when given an important freedom such as freedom of speech and the internet to reach so many. Just cause you have the right to doesnt always mean you should or are smart enough to.

BUT.. watch out when its just me and a few close friends or family. Things you laugh off in a roast are the same things that will get your lights knocked out at other times. Dingbat will learn that at some point in his life.. maybe.

The whole problem is that stupid people are given the same rights as others.. less stupid and smart people. Barron with survive and he ( like me) may appreciate idiots showing how idiotic they are in public and on the internet FOREVER. You can see who youre dealing with when they start typing or open their mouths.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

So how long before "2 guys walk into a bar" jokes are wrong because of the dangers of alcoholism?

You aren't funny and neither is your crappy attitude about the sexual violation of women.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
It wasnt funny.. and let me tell ya, I know dark humor funny when I see it.

Tastes vary, it wasn't funny to you.
It wasn't funny to me either however that's purely subjective.

The funniness of the joke is completely irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You aren't funny and neither is your crappy attitude about the sexual violation of women.

My attitude about the sexual violation of women hasn't been exposed yet.

How is Sarah Silverman bringing attention to the fact that many attacks go unreported a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's the hypocrisy. Very early on Obama said, "My kids are off limits!" And what happened? Comics, the news, and commentors all left Obama's kids alone. You NEVER heard a joke or complaint about them.

But Trump's kids? Even a 10 year old? Hey, they're fair game! Call him a murderer or a rapist. Hey guys, can't you take a joke?? Can you even IMAGINE someone making a joke like that about Obama's kids?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's the hypocrisy. Very early on Obama said, "My kids are off limits!" And what happened? Comics, the news, and commentors all left Obama's kids alone. You NEVER heard a joke or complaint about them.

Actually, I did. That said, they were a bit less frequent after Obama came out and said the kids were off limits, but they never ceased entirely.

It's just been tit-for-tat ever since the right decided kids were "fair game" with Chelsea, and now (unfortunately) Barron get to join the club with Chelsea, Barbara, Jenna, Malia, and Sasha.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99>>>> I'm on record for being merciless when it comes to bashing Obama and Hillary and I've never given Obama's daughters much thought. There's just nothing there. Chelsea has grown up to be a gold digger apparently, her choice of husband leaves much to be desired. But she's an adult now. Bush's daughters were boring, period. I will say that I have a feeling Obama's eldest daughter may be in for a hard time, but not from anything her fathers critics have planned. She's being groomed for something, I hope she gets through it okay. Comedy central is a trash pit. I used to like Stephen Colbert early in his career but he has since sold out and become a complete piece of human filth.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
He looks like a 'current' serial rapist. All these lefties attacking a 10 year old kid are... well they are who we thought they were. This just one tiny glimpse as to why our country voted for President Trump, for you foreign liberal/progressives out there who seem to struggle to understand.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
What is the world coming too. This is not funny at all. And i like dark humour but this is not it. Oh and for the record i am no Trump or Hillary supporter

The bigger question is, are the feminists on the left supporting this or are they crying foul? Because if they are supporting this, then they are also advocating Rape.

Nothing involving Rape is funny at all. It is sick & twisted. People making jokes on that are lower than humans no matter what side you are on. I am neither left nor right, and I see this "dark Humor" as another cheap shot against Trump indirectly.
The Fact that Mainstream media is even targeting the kids should be a HUGE indicator that something is not right.

And anyone who advocates this as being okay needs to get their head checked up.
edit on th2017000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 24 Jan 2017 05:03:23 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 24 Jan 2017 05:03:23 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Let them commit cultural suicide, I already see it, people that voted for Hillary are abandoning the left because of the insanity that has followed her loss.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

His tweet suggests an attention whore. Most likely it's not about anything but promoting himself.

He most likely figures bad publicity is better than nothing, so why not seize the opportunity to promote himself, at the expense of a child.

What a despicable individual. smh

edit on 24-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

originally posted by: Annunak1
What is the world coming too. This is not funny at all. And i like dark humour but this is not it. Oh and for the record i am no Trump or Hillary supporter

The bigger question is, are the feminists on the left supporting this or are they crying foul?

Feminist here and I am appalled. He is a little boy, therefore off limits anyway; but this... this is just sick. I don't have adequate vocabulary to describe how angry I am, at least not without a t&c violation.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Feminist here and I am appalled. He is a little boy, therefore off limits anyway; but this... this is just sick. I don't have adequate vocabulary to describe how angry I am, at least not without a t&c violation.

You get a pass cause you're more like the classic feminists which is fine. My post was mostly referencing towards neo feminism which contrasts what real classic feminism was about. Especially those that advocates sharia law.

But rape should not be used as propaganda. It is offensive to the women who experienced such atrocities and to see it used as comedy by the mainstream media is beyond sickening.

edit on th2017000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:44:14 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 24 Jan 2017 10:44:14 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

The point is we had 8 years of Obama with his wife that looks like Patrick Ewing and not one joke about her, her nasty face or her bad disposition. Not one joke about his kids even though his kids were just as weird and awkward - Two days into his presidency and they are already going after his child - Seems pretty #ed up to me -

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Rape jokes, only scumbags find them funny. Yes, if you read this and find rape jokes funny, you are a scumbag. How on earth can it be funny to make jokes about someone being humiliated? You sickos.

The only good that comes out of this thread is that members start to show their true faces.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join