It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ComedyCentral- Another tasteless joke at the expense of Barron. This one about rape.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ohhhh gotcha. Misogyny and racism are ok. Just not rape jokes.

Found your line.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: loam

Might as well get used to the idea that children are no longer "off limits" as far as insults go.

Or I can resist that completely. I have a 10 year old. I would no more insult Barron than I would my own son. People who do deserve to be buried in blowback. I resist douchebaggery on all sides of the political and social spectrum.

Let's give em hell.

The people who do so will continue to do so. Many who are defending it are right. Just because it is in poor taste and crass doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed.

If crassness and poor taste was banned, I'd be silenced.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Allowed? Absolutely. People should have the common decency to leave kids out of it all though.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The anti pc crowd is offended again by a bad joke, triggers galore for the people who preech about free speech and censorship.

Cry babies all the lot.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Ohhhh gotcha. Misogyny and racism are ok. Just not rape jokes.

Found your line.

Mysogyny and racism are not okay. Rape jokes are not okay. There, are you clear now?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The anti pc crowd is offended again by a bad joke, triggers galore for the people who preech about free speech and censorship.

Cry babies all the lot.

It's not about pc. It's about a child.

If you want to make hateful dirty outrageous jokes about adults, fine...go for it.

Sorry....I'm like a mama elephant that gathers her fellow herd members and surrounds the little one or circles the wagons around the child to protect it from harm, either by words or deeds.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

This thread sounds like political correctness to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Cry babies all the lot.

It's not about pc. It's about a child.

If you want to make hateful dirty outrageous jokes about adults, fine...go for it.

Sorry....I'm like a mama elephant that gathers her fellow herd members and surrounds the little one or circles the wagons around the child to protect it from harm, either by words or deeds.

Keep on telling yourself your side is right lol, a bad joke is a bad joke, making excuses up to be a cry baby, snowflakes for trump as usual.

This coming from someone who makes fun of people that say they need a safe space lol.

edit on 23-1-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Might as well get used to the idea that children are no longer "off limits" as far as insults go.

Or I can resist that completely. I have a 10 year old. I would no more insult Barron than I would my own son. People who do deserve to be buried in blowback. I resist douchebaggery on all sides of the political and social spectrum.

Let's give em hell.

The people who do so will continue to do so. Many who are defending it are right. Just because it is in poor taste and crass doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed.

If crassness and poor taste was banned, I'd be silenced.

He has the 1st Amendment "right" but that doesn't mean he won't get attacked back. Though he should be careful, as his humor may cross a line and become litigation.

This particular comedian may be crossing a line into bullying, for which there are state laws. Link

I like to think of it like this: If I was standing outside my kid's school and a grown man started talking to a kid like that in front of everyone (especially if it wasn't his kid), I would take the man on instantly. Mama grizzly don't just defend her own in this circumstance. It pisses me off that people think this is in any way ok.

No one is trying to silence you. But I wouldn't be surprised if this guy losses his Twitter account...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Of course you don't support that. Only really sick individuals condone any of that behavior.

There is a real difference however from some nobody making a tasteless joke and the president of the United States making one.

There are definitely levels to a thing like this.

Would you agree that the two are not equal?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread sounds like political correctness to me.

Or it's about not being a complete and utter jerk online to a ten year old who has been thrust into the public light through no action of his own?

Geez. There are kids out there that could end up committing suicide over such "jokes." They are not mature enough to handle it.

Personally, I think he might be treading thin ice with his Twitter account at the very least.

At the end of the day, Rush and all the others who went after Obama's kids and Chelsea are equally scum. Some people don't know when to stop.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

No one is trying to silence you. But I wouldn't be surprised if this guy losses his Twitter account...

He attacked Trump's son.

He won't lose his Twitter account.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That's just disgusting and tasteless....

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This isn`t about his right to say things like that this is about the credibility of the liberal`s claim that they want unity. saying things like this does nothing to promote unity, it creates division.
It doesn`t matter what he identifies as politically, his words are causing division and should be denounced by the right and especially the left because his words are sabotaging their attempts to create unity.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And here is a good thing, in my opinion. He is apologizing.

He has responded to the backlash appropriately. I don't think this was about silencing him, so much as it is about holding him accountable for his words. I don't think he's resigning from his job, though...

edit on 23-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Although I have said that I hope so many objections to 'jokes' in poor taste against Barron would put a stop to them I did not mean that I wanted to censor anybody. I was hoping that people would have the wit to understand - when it was pointed out to them - the damage they could cause by saying such things and come to the conclusion that taking a cheap shot at him was not a good idea.

I'd defend anyone's right to freedom of speech but I wouldn't defend them against the backlash if people took exception to what they had to say.

eta I was composing this at the time the post above, by Aboveboard, was made and hadn't seen it. Synchronicity.
[
edit on 23-1-2017 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Oh there are clearly things wrong with the Tweet, I'm just pointing out conservative hypocrisy when I see it. It's my new hobby these days. It's actually a lot of fun watching them get all tongue tied contradicting themselves defending one thing while attacking it at the same time.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AboveBoard

Oh there are clearly things wrong with the Tweet, I'm just pointing out conservative hypocrisy when I see it. It's my new hobby these days. It's actually a lot of fun watching them get all tongue tied contradicting themselves defending one thing while attacking it at the same time.

When they go low we go........?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So many people suffer from hypocrisyitis. The disease sweeping the country.

Does everyone on here have such short memories. Doesn't anyone remember this thread. The thread about comments about Malia. Comments such as.

-"WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT LITTLE MONKEY"
and
-"Wonder if she applied as a muDslime or a foreign student or just a ni@@er?"

LINK

Malia Obama was 17 when that happened. So she was underage.

Just like the Barron Trump joke. The comments were tasteless and crass. I would never make such jokes. But no matter how tasteless. At the end of the day they are just jokes. Tweets and comments. In the grand scheme of things who cares.

Is something only outrageous when the other side does it? If I said who cares about the Malia stuff. I would be called a right wing nutter. If I say who cares about the Barron Trump joke. I would be called a left wing libtard. My position would be the same for both. The only thing different would be the perspective of the viewer.

So I guess I am a horrible person for not liking a joke but also not wanting to get out my pitchforks and join the mob.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
While I don't think that people should be making any jokes about kids. It's in poor taste.

However let's be real clear here. Republicans and other conservatives have made disparaging remarks about Obamas girls.

I don't see how any conservative can claim the moral high ground here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join