It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm back in the kitchen

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well folks, after a hard 2016, of being unemployed for 13 months, diagnosed with Parkinson's, and the loss of a very dear friend, things are looking up for 2017. I am the sous-chef of a new restaurant here in town, and for the moment, till we find someone suitable, the pastry chef as well. I have to say the extra load of making desserts on this old boy who's been sitting at home on his vibrating butt has me both exhilarated and exhausted. I am grateful for the activity as it has helped with the tremors, but man am I pooped at the end of the day, 48 year old me is having trouble adjusting to 14 hour days much harder than 18 year old me did, LOL

Guess what I'm trying to say is no matter what life throws at you, with perseverance things can get better.

Daavin

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Congrats , good to hear new year starting out well for you . It will get better as you go on .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Heard!!!

Yes, chef!

At least the weekend is over so you won't have brunch service till next weekend.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The positive sentiment is always welcome. Good luck with your endeavors and don't let them wear ya too thin.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Good to see you are back to working again. I always liked working, a person needs something to do. To do something at home it seems to get expensive, especially if you aren't working to get the money to spend on what you are working on.

Feeling you have purpose feels so good.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Good job Kiddo, keep up the good work. Be well and Live in the land of the living again.

Cheers!
edit on 23-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
Well folks, after a hard 2016, of being unemployed for 13 months, diagnosed with Parkinson's, and the loss of a very dear friend, things are looking up for 2017. I am the sous-chef of a new restaurant here in town, and for the moment, till we find someone suitable, the pastry chef as well. I have to say the extra load of making desserts on this old boy who's been sitting at home on his vibrating butt has me both exhilarated and exhausted. I am grateful for the activity as it has helped with the tremors, but man am I pooped at the end of the day, 48 year old me is having trouble adjusting to 14 hour days much harder than 18 year old me did, LOL

Guess what I'm trying to say is no matter what life throws at you, with perseverance things can get better.

Daavin

You are a real iron chef. Bravo.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Heard!!!

Yes, chef!

At least the weekend is over so you won't have brunch service till next weekend.

weekend was crazy, never baked so much on the fly before. lol

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

Congrats on your new exciting role as sous-chef! I love to cook but don't think I could do it for a job. Happy 2017, I hope it's a good one for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That is one busy schedule! Congrats to you; here's hoping things keep looking up.

top topics

join