It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not my Laws!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Job Description

The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.

www.scholastic.com...

The popularity of the #notmypresident "movement" is astounding and to me pretty silly. To each their own. Anyway, given that one of the duties of the POTUS is to enforce laws, in effect does that mean that the law does not apply to them? Are they proclaiming that it has no governance over them?

I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Job Description

The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.

www.scholastic.com...

The popularity of the #notmypresident "movement" is astounding and to me pretty silly. To each their own. Anyway, given that one of the duties of the POTUS is to enforce laws, in effect does that mean that the law does not apply to them? Are they proclaiming that it has no governance over them?

I'm curious.

Trump is the President of the United States of America and he governs over every citizen just as every president before him has. That is the law. If these radical people cannot accept that, they should leave the country. That would actually open up a lot more jobs for those that are left here. A lot more opportunity for those who want to start a business too.

These people who do not understand this are kind of simple, and they think of themselves as intelligent when they cannot even read the instructions we have before us.

If Hillary would have won, even though I did not think she was the right choice for president, I would follow her governance, doesn't mean I would have liked it, but I would have just focused on other things. What is wrong with these people?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I agree with ricky mouse .....if they don't like it and want to preach "not my president", then get out ....move to another country! .......and I think these people have been brain washed into thinking they don't have to follow President Trump or the laws...and freedom allows them to do whatever the hell they want ....They think they didn't vote for Him,so he doesn't matter.... Kind of like if you say that lie long enough you believe it. ...someone , somewhere, somehow has figured out how to divide America by using this though process to their advantage . And the idiot radical losers ( by losers I mean the radical protesters who's presidential choice didn't win ) have fallen right into this ploy . They've been brainwashed into thinking it is ok to act like this, and they are weakening our society. ....and all the entitled celebrities are not helping at all....look at Madonna .....she said she's been thinking about blowing up the White House ...really? ....what the hell is wrong with people? ....I don't get it ?
edit on 23-1-2017 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
And yet pretty much everyone is following the laws. Minus the criminals of course.

Trump is a big time dckhead so I'm actually impressed at how calm things have been.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
And yet pretty much everyone is following the laws. Minus the criminals of course.

Trump is a big time dckhead so I'm actually impressed at how calm things have been.

So you are in favor of breaking laws?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

there are a lot of protesters who are not.....or were not...criminals ....until now. ....Now , some of them , are looking at up to 10 years in jail for threatening the president,and destroying property, .......also, people are assaulting people , and lighting people's hair on fire .....it's bizarre behavior for losing an election....I can honestly say I would never light someone's hair on fire because they voted for someone I did not vote for. That's just nuts, And mixed with a spoiled brat bully attitude .

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Start charging them with sedition .

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If the president is the Chief Executive of the US or of the US government then either way its a private company government.

In other words, the organisation forming the US govt is a private company. Is that really what Americans want?

Does the US constitution allow for that?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

That's why we have 3 branches.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

That's why we have 3 branches.

Yes that's right ........... but so the govts in Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zeland and South Africa, the have the legislature, the judiciary and the govt.

If one accepts the Americans People want a private company for govt, does that mean they will abolish the house of representatives, the senate, the Judiciary and office of president and let tenders for all these positions and functions? Is that what Americans want??

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I would think not. Is there any proof that they might?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The President is the chief of the Executive branch of government.

The People are a private and sovereign people.

The government is a private business and the shareholders are its citizens.

The Constitution has no meaning without the People.

I probably just wasted my time.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

In the simplest but most meaningful way, correct!

It deems repeating.

top topics

join