It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pauline Hanson, Australia's Trump, maybe its her time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: Reverbs

I should point out that documentary is from 1998, much has happened since then especially at our last elections when One Nation managed to get tonnes more votes and now she's a political force to be reckoned with. She has more power now in Govt than she ever did and our Govt is forced to deal with her to get anything passed.

I knew it must have been a bit old by the clothes, haha. Thanks for the other link.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

No worries, Q and A is a really good program.

Incidentally, the host of Q and A is the same bloke in the 1998 documentary, Tony Jones. He's a bit of a loud mouth but I quite like him.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

EDIT: ORIGINAL LINK ON LAST PAGE ALSO UPDATED

Woops, I didn't realize that YouTube video I linked before was cut off before the program ended. Here is the entire Q and A program:

Sorry about that.

edit on 23/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

platform", that I would also introduce a Bill of Human Rights that we currently don't have,

You'd get my vot

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Are your politicians soul sucking lawyers too?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I think YOU need education about your exaggerated wordage,DO yourself a favor DON'T WRITE your OWN speeches,repeating Prog trigger words AD NAUSEUM will kill you.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

He'd char broil them before getting to the hand shake

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No Government is half as entertaining as the American Government. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I think YOU need education about your exaggerated wordage,DO yourself a favor DON'T WRITE your OWN speeches,repeating Prog trigger words AD NAUSEUM will kill you.

Huh?

It was just a list of thoughts, it wasn't meant to be presented in any form of professional fashion.

Are you just arguing because you like arguing and you are allowed to in the Mud Pit? Do you have anything to add that actually relates to the topic of Pauline Hanson in Australian Politics?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

No Government is half as entertaining as the American Government. Sorry.

Oh I don't know about that. We've had 4 Prime Ministers in 4 years. If you would like to know how on Earth that occurred then start with the total circus that our entire political system is currently.

Also, why do you have to do that? Always try to make everything about America? This thread is about the state of AUSTRALIAN politics, there's more than enough American political threads out there to continue with - let us have a bloody thread will ya?

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

He'd char broil them before getting to the hand shake

What do you know about Australian politics and the current state of it? What are your thoughts on the TOPIC of this thread?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

She definitely bitch slapped a few people at the end there..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Oh you watched the Q&A? Did you watch the updated version that I posted that wasn't cut off? Sorry I linked a shortened version before.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

ADVICE for office: let someone HELP you write the speeches or you won't get in...I AM USING smal words here.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

ADVICE for office: let someone HELP you write the speeches or you won't get in...I AM USING smal words here.

Thankyou, but as I said before that was just an informal list. Obviously it would be worded different in a professional speech.

What are your thoughts on the TOPIC of this thread?

That's the second time I've had to ask.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Oh you watched the Q&A? Did you watch the updated version that I posted that wasn't cut off? Sorry I linked a shortened version before.

yea of course haha.. I didn't realize it was cut off sort of seemed like the ended it, but yea watched the rest.
She's making some waves for sure. I think the only comeback against her was calling her a racist mainly. I don't know her policies really but she even seems to make logical consistency unlike some of the other people there.

She could have answered the muslim guys invitation better, but in all fairness he did say she hates all muslims..

For instance the guy from Iran I think it was.. He was basically like I grew up muslim and I'm good.. But the reason they came to australia was because they were being persecuted under muslim rule.. So it's like did you just hear what you just said my man? Trying to prove all muslims are cool by saying you were persecuted under muslim laws? and so you grew up muslim and you're a good guy, so what about those people persecuting you? Who are they?

Sounded like is Australia can get corporations to pay the correct taxes they can balance the budget.

How does the government work? I was a little confused, it sort of sounded American style but not?
edit on 23-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

yea of course haha.. I didn't realize it was cut off sort of seemed like the ended it, but yea watched the rest.
She's making some waves for sure. I think the only comeback against her was calling her a racist mainly. I don't know her policies really but she even seems to make logical consistency unlike some of the other people there.

She could have answered the muslim guys invitation better, but in all fairness he did say she hates all muslims..

I actually don't think that's what she's trying to say - that she hates all Muslims. I think she's just not very good at describing her true feelings and it doesn't help when she keeps being cut off (although she does tend to waft a bit).

I think she wants to restrict their immigration here and setup safeguards and checks to ensure those we do let in aren't terrorists and are happy to integrate into our culture instead of changing it to suit their own.

To be honest, she's right about the Asians and the Muslims in that we really have been swamped by them in the last 3 decades or so. I get the whole Multicultural thing, and I'm all for people living here, but many of them don't integrate with Aussie culture and society. They bring their sh*t over here and expect us to put up with it.

Don't get me wrong though, there are many immigrants here who DO integrate and they are just fine. It's just the one's, and there are quite a few, who want to bring their own crap over here and make it our problem.

For instance the guy from Iran I think it was.. He was basically like I grew up muslim and I'm good.. But the reason they came to australia was because they were being persecuted under muslim rule.. So it's like did you just hear what you just said my man? Trying to prove all muslims are cool by saying you were persecuted under muslim laws? and so you grew up muslim and you're a good guy, so what about those people persecuting you? Who are they?

Yeah thats Sam Dastyari who, incidentally, got kicked out of his Senate seat a few months ago for being caught accepting gifts and money from the Chinese. Not a bad bloke, he had some good ideas, and he DID integrate into our society - greed got him in the end though.

Sounded like is Australia can get corporations to pay the correct taxes they can balance the budget.

Yep. But instead of doing that you know what our Govt. is currently doing to try balancing the budget? They are picking on those of us on welfare (Centrelink), using an automated system to go back through peoples welfare records over the last 10 years and making people account for discrepancies. Sounds good on paper, but as it turns out they stuffed the system up and it's not matching data correctly and tens of thousands of welfare recipients are getting unfair debt payback demands for debts that, in many cases, don't exist. It's a long and complicated tale, I'm only just scratching the surface of it but Google "Centrelink Robo-Debt scandal" or something similar to read up on it. It's being investigated by various different law firms at the moment, the Govt. is looking like it's going to have a sh*tstorm on it's hands.

How does the government work? I was a little confused, it sort of sounded American style but not?

We operate under the Westminster System.

Australia's political system is based on the Westminster system. Westminster is the name given to the system of parliamentary democracy used in countries such as Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and is named after the area in central London where the Parliament of the United Kingdom is located. All state and territory parliaments in Australia follow the Westminster system.

The essential features of the system are:

* An executive government is determined by a democratically elected lower house. The government requires the continuing support of a majority of members of that chamber to stay in office.

* The head of government is the Prime Minister, who leads a cabinet which is responsible to the lower house.

* An opposition exists, led by the leader of the party or parties with the second largest number of seats in the lower house.

* The presence of a constitutional monarch (where one exists) who is "above politics" and acts on the advice of the Prime Minister.

* There is a career public service which impartially serves the government of the day.

* The armed services are outside of politics and act on the instructions of the government.

* The rule of law prevails, with an independent judiciary, subject to the Constitution.

There are three recognised branches of government in the Westminster system: the legislature; the executive; and the judiciary.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Hey Kryties!

I'm not American

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Hey Kryties!

I'm not American

Yes, I remembered that after I said it.

Canadian right?

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the TOPIC? I keep asking this and people keep on not answering.....

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I'm English.

I have no idea why people won't answer.

I'm having another beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join