It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pauline Hanson, Australia's Trump, maybe its her time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Australia like all other countries has its own politicians and political agendas.
It seems we here have our globalists and their own international ideas, irrelevant what the people want.

Then we here in Oz have
en.wikipedia.org...
Pauline Hanson, convicted criminal, spent 11 weeks in jail, then absolved by the courts as innocent of the charges alleged, voter fraud believe it or not (recurring theme).
Yes our government send their enemies to prison on trumped up charges as well.

Represented her electorate, brought out some anti immigration policies and anti multiculturalism policies, was roundly bashed by the media but won many supporters.

So we have a state election coming up and her party is on the card.
I dont particularly like Pauline, sharp spoken woman, always carrying a chip on her shoulder (rightfully so), rarely seen smiling...Well, like Trump, just about every picture they print or show of her, she is scowling, looking angry, looking silly.
I am sick of the bias, the media bias, the political bias, the social justice warrior bias, the electoral fraud convictions, everything about the way she is treated by those with power.

I think, just out of spite for the politicians and media I will be voting for her party.

Just like Trump, Australia could see a different tack taken, sick of the media spin?
Anyway, I find myself just a little sick of the media and professional politicians, just a little sick of being manipulated.
I wonder how many others feel this way as well.

I wonder if all these protest votes, the brexit, the trumps, are they going to cause a few issues in places higher up, in places where government policy is dictated, force the hand

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All of those bloody dickheads over here that were protesting Trump? Yet our own government is corrupt at all levels.
Our current prime minister is worth something like $200 million, which he keeps in offshore accounts.
Yes, we certainly need to drain the swamp here.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

There was an article I was reading earlier about Europe and how Trump being elected might embolden nationalists over there.
France and the netherlands in particular have people winning in polls that are Nationalists, sick of the open borders, sick of the EU and sick of multiculturalism.. Those elections are April 23rd in France and March 15th in Netherlands. If I remember correctly.

I don't know how do the numbers look over there?

There is major blowback to this globalism thing..

I found this video funny as well, and it's another thing that they just keep trying to push too far..

I think this video cleverly describes it ,and the ending is perfect.

it gets funny at the end, I liked this line...

"I'm sorry" "You're not ever sorry you cis gender white male scum! ...and I'm playing my trigger warning card. A self righteous player takes offence to another players hate speech."
"well welcome to the New World Order. Unworthy players can't empower themselves so they just dis empower others."
edit on 22-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow you must be on something...

Pauline Hanson has already won 4 senate seats in the 2015 election she did really well and now has a huge say in QLD politics.

Next election is 2018...

Btw im in Qld and she is awesome, very patriotic and a proud Aussie.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Wow you must be on something...

Pauline Hanson has already won 4 senate seats in the 2015 election she did really well and now has a huge say in QLD politics.

Next election is 2018...

Btw im in Qld and she is awesome, very patriotic and a proud Aussie.

Not on anything but a vape.

Have you not noted the negative press she receives nationally?
I suspect Queensland may go easier on her than the rest of Australia as she is a local.

I am not denying she is partiotic, proud, I am suggesting she doesnt get portrayed well in the media.

That and so far it seems, she has surrounded herself with some idiots.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've participated in protests against her.

And I supported Trump.

They are nothing alike.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I am not denying she is partiotic, proud, I am suggesting she doesnt get portrayed well in the media..

No doubt she gets a raw deal from the left controlled MSM, but she's such a horrendous public speaker and puts her foot in her mouth at every opportunity, that she can't help but look bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

We are now at the point that if the press push out a positive view of a politicians the people will vote in the opposite direction, they are reading it right.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I've participated in protests against her.

And I supported Trump.

They are nothing alike.

They both represent an alternative to the mainstream, anything else you have suggested is you assuming more than what I have said in my post

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

She seems to be able to stir up a crowd haha..

lol aussies...

srry anyway.

"she seems to thrive in an atmosphere that would have killed off less hardy beings..."

hahaha

this is enjoyable guess I'll learn a little aussie politics tonight.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Fair enough, being a Queenslander who supported Trump I thought it was important to say I'm very anti-Hanson.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You're Australian I presume; the least you could do is acknowledge that she is a Senator now. She was in Fremantle on Sunday talking to people. At least she is still approachable.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Agreed. What ever happened to Turnball's republic aspirations & ideals. Another one goes down dancing to his puppetmasters strings.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You're Australian I presume; the least you could do is acknowledge that she is a Senator now. She was in Fremantle on Sunday talking to people. At least she is still approachable.

Yeah, it makes it very hard to vote in Australia if I am not an Australian

How about this
I acknowledge that she is a Senator now... better?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Pauline Hanson used to scare me, but the more I think about it the more that I realize that SOMETHING has to be done to clean out Aussie politics. It's a quagmire of corruption, special interests and elitism that sees them do what's good for themselves and their mates, but f**k the rest of us.

I've even mulled getting into politics myself, I've been coming up with a platform to run on that includes gutting and rebuilding Centrelink to make it fair for all and to give people a chance, putting Dental on Medicare, throwing out the "old guard" in our Police Forces and rewriting the rules to make us less of a Police State, legalizing Cannabis and dealing with other nastier illegal drugs in the health system rather than he criminal one, fixing the infrastructure in regional areas, starting over with the NBN and going back to Rudds initial plan of FTTP instead of FTTN....that's all I've got so far but I'm working on more.

Anyway, the point is this country needs a huge political shakeup. The current mob aren't doing the job. I'm not sold on Hansen being the one to do it but I'm almost willing to roll the dice and say "bugger it lets give it a whirl and see what happens". I don't think it can possibly get any worse than it is now.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

this looks like such a mess...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I forgot to mention, as part of my theoretical "platform", that I would also introduce a Bill of Human Rights that we currently don't have, which is why we have a Police State.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
All of those bloody dickheads over here that were protesting Trump? Yet our own government is corrupt at all levels.
Our current prime minister is worth something like $200 million, which he keeps in offshore accounts.
Yes, we certainly need to drain the swamp here.

I only protested Trump not because of the idea of throwing a stick of dynamite into Washington (which I 100% support) but because I don't think Trump is the man to do it.

Time will tell I guess. It'll give us an insight as to the end result of a massive shakeup here, whether or not Trump succeeds or fails and how that turns out.
edit on 22/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I should point out that documentary is from 1998, much has happened since then especially at our last elections when One Nation managed to get tonnes more votes and now she's a political force to be reckoned with. She has more power now in Govt than she ever did and our Govt is forced to deal with her to get anything passed.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
"Q and A" is a widely watched questiontime talkback program on our national public broadcaster.

This is from just before our last election last year.

EDIT: UPDATED LINK, LAST ONE CUT OFF EARLY.

edit on 23/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join