It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is Yet To Sever Ties With His Business, Despite Promises To Do So

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Grimpachi
That is extremely serious, but I will wait till his first week is up before condemnation. I am disappointed though because he should have already got his sh!t in order.

Why wait another week? This should have been set up before the election. Clinton had plans before the election. He has had since nov 8th and so far the only thing he has done is lie, go on victory tour and nominate only ~30 of thousands of nominations?
he already filled out the paper work and finished the process on jan 11. This is CNN making # up and their lap dogs lapping it up and running to make a thread without reading their own OP links.

Actually the link in the OP was from NPR, but you'd know that if you actually read it instead of trying to troll.
Lo#l your second link is from CNN. You're not very good at this debate stuff.

Nope. My second link is from The Hill. The third link was from CNN, and wasn't directly what the OP was about.

You're not very good at this "counting" stuff, huh?
One of your # links was from CNN. Is that better?

None in the OP were. The one from CNN was about the quote Trump made echoing Nixon, and that was further down in the comments, so not directly about the OP. Read the thread.

That being said, do you trust Trump not to use his position as president to profit for himself?
He is one of the richest people in the world. I don't see how he could possibly avoid making some kind of money with his 100's of businesses around the world. What he can do is sign a stack of paperwork which hands the reins over to his kids? Are you gonna be mad if they turn a profit? What i expect from him, is to help America to turn a profit..... for the first time in how many years? If he does that, i will gladly send him a check out of my own accounts.

As long as he separates himself from his businesses while he's president I have no issue with him being a businessman.
Well, he says he did. Right there in your OP link in front of the media, with his daughter and the huge stack of paperwork. Unless you think he is lying, what is this thread supposed to accomplish?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

originally posted by: Pyle
He said he filled them out and divested in the press conference but he has offered no proof of doing so nor have people been able to confirm he has.

Who are these people? The stupid media

Actually if you read the OP it's the New York Secretary of State.

But ProPublica quoted the New York Secretary of State's office as saying no changes have been made to business filings for his primary holding company, the Trump Organization

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Trump is already shell-gaming his brand to "Scion" anyway. . .
Care to explain? Bring a link? You know how this works. You make a claim, post a link, and then you are made to eat your words.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
We know. He's the worst.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
And what day did they go and look? Because that may explain everything. Because it is sunday.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The way this is getting trolled, there may actually be something to this story.

Eyes open people

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Care to explain? Bring a link? You know how this works. You make a claim, post a link, and then you are made to eat your words.

For something that's been heavily reported, I guess I can bother to Google something so widely known :eyeroll:

Amidst reports that occupancy rates at Trump Hotels have slipped this election season, the company has announced that new brand hotels will no longer bear the Trump name. The newest line of luxury hotels, geared towards millennials, will be called Scion, the company said.

“We wanted a name that would be a nod to the Trump family and to the tremendous success it has had with its businesses, including Trump Hotels, while allowing for a clear distinction between our luxury and lifestyle brands,” Trump Hotels CEO Eric Danziger said in a statemen

travelandleisure.com

Think how Blackwater went to Xe.

It's a small step with some hotels, but I'm willing to bet more assets than we know are also being moved around. It would be the SMART thing for Trump to do.

And he keeps telling us he's smart...so...

EDIT: And I wasn't making a claim, I was repeating common knowledge.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Eyes open people
This story is a troll. Can you show where he has commited a conflict of interest or broken any laws?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

For something that's been heavily reported, I guess I can bother to Google something so widely known :eyeroll:

Amidst reports that occupancy rates at Trump Hotels have slipped this election season, the company has announced that new brand hotels will no longer bear the Trump name. The newest line of luxury hotels, geared towards millennials, will be called Scion, the company said.

“We wanted a name that would be a nod to the Trump family and to the tremendous success it has had with its businesses, including Trump Hotels, while allowing for a clear distinction between our luxury and lifestyle brands,” Trump Hotels CEO Eric Danziger said in a statemen

travelandleisure.com

It's a small step with some hotels, but I'm willing to bet more assets than we know are also being moved around. It would be the SMART thing for Trump to do.

Sooo.... did he break the law? Or does he just understand the law and he is doing things within legal parameters?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Eyes open people

You started this thread, so of course you're holding out hope that you weren't snookered into being a FAKE rumors spreader.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Wait is this praising or criticizing Donald? If praising, then yes, it is true; if criticizing...

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yeah like complaining about the crowd sizes at his inauguration.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Eyes open people

You started this thread, so of course you're holding out hope that you weren't snookered into being a FAKE rumors spreader.

How is this fake news? He hasn't filed to divest from his businesses yet. Thats a fact. If he did it tomorrow this story still wouldn't be fake news, because its talking about right now.

I'd be glad if he did it tomorrow, as I said earlier in the thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

travelandleisure.com

i guess i missed one of the 10,000 fake "trump did this" stories.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Trump supporter reasoning:

"Meh he's tip toeing on the line of the law, and practicing shady business tactics to keep his businesses which are clear conflicts of interests. . . .. . . .He's going to be virtuous and help the middle and working class. He's looking out for me; I'll just rationalize this or turn the other way if it gets ugly."

Unreal....just unreal.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Eyes open people

How is this fake news? He hasn't filed to divest from his businesses yet. Thats a fact. If he did it tomorrow this story still wouldn't be fake news, because its talking about right now.

I'd be glad if he did it tomorrow, as I said earlier in the thread.
He filed it on jan 11th in front of the circus. After that, it's no longer his problem. Is he supposed to stay with it? No, it's the offices job to go through it and divy out the files. It is sunday, do you think these people work on sat and sunday? Do you think they would hand these confidential files to #ing NPR?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

"Meh he's tip toeing on the line of the law, and practicing shady business tactics to keep his businesses which are clear conflicts of interests. . . .. . . .He's going to be virtuous and help the middle and working class. He's looking out for me; I'll just rationalize this or turn the other way if it gets ugly."

Unreal....just unreal.
Do you think he should give away his businesses and his money? Maybe divvy it out amongst all Americans? He's giving it to his family and taking the proper legal recourse to do so. Where has he broke the law? What you are saying is unreal. As in not real.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

No, he just is moving assets around like business people do.

I never claimed he was breaking he law.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Did you really think he would? He is a business man, even if it was on paper it would not be in deed, even if he wanted to Trump a business man to his bones could not stay away for any period of time, maybe he could pull out 3 years, but thats a stretch. But hey the past presidencies have been filled to the brim with people who were there because it furthered there business interests or represented said business interests, and appeasing the people is just kind of secondary, its just job requirements.

If Hilary or even others like Bernie Sanders or others got in. Not much is likely to change most especially in that department. So far most people have been saved because, the business that is government had not touched them personally on any great level so far. Which is why your forefathers were for smaller government, and yes most of them were the business men of there day. Some of which were under the thump of a bigger business at the time, the royal kingship across the pond they so wanted to get out from under. Independence itself was caused so as to not pay royalties on trade.

So far government has not gotten that big as to be intrusive in every facet of daily life. But? When that changes, well then they will have something to cry about. Besides its still early, this whole Trump presidency has the potential to be as entertaining as the Obama presidency. I expect those from the "blue team" will be going on non stop for every little thing Trump does, just like those in the "red team" were going on for every little thing Obama did for these past 8 years, almost none stop.

Humans are after all group minded creatures, even though the great majority of them have no direct benefit from said group practices. An outdated instinct from tribal times. One which all your leaders in power do not share. Which is why they have an upper had against the so called people. You know them as globalists, among a variety of other such flowery names.

Basically what I am saying is that one day you, as in the American people and the world will reach a point were you can no longer afford to play or participate in such wastage and even wasting time thinking such a thing will be a detriment. When that time comes, then the real uphill battle will arrive. Till then? Well its just all a great bunch of hilarities. Bread and circuses one would even say. Are you not entertained?

I quite expect it to go on for the next 4 years, and possibly even more. What wonders will the next 4 years hold. You know such things are but a sign that our democracy or republic works. Or more like a sign that people really need better things to do. Quite a predicament indeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Unreal....just unreal.
Do you think he should give away his businesses and his money? Maybe divvy it out amongst all Americans? He's giving it to his family and taking the proper legal recourse to do so. Where has he broke the law? What you are saying is unreal. As in not real.

We'll let him off the hook when he actually does it. He's going to be held accountable or he'll always have the taint of corruption. We have very very low expectations in terms of Trump's ethics and have the highest of standards for ourselves. Most likely because he is a dirtbag and most people are not.
edit on 23-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join