It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is Yet To Sever Ties With His Business, Despite Promises To Do So

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Grimpachi
That is extremely serious, but I will wait till his first week is up before condemnation. I am disappointed though because he should have already got his sh!t in order.

That's true as well. If he completely divests himself soon from all his businesses, great. For everyone.

I think it's his echoing Nixon in his "If the president does it, its not illegal" attitude that I have a problem with.

We'll see.
Has he said "it's not illegal if the president does it"? Or are you projecting that attitude onto him because you "don't like" him?

Not Nixon's exact words, no. What Trump said was:

"The law is totally on my side, meaning, the President can't have a conflict of interest,"

edition.cnn.com...

And while that may be legally correct in this instance, the statement echoes the attitude in the Nixon quote perfectly. Whether legal or not, if you believe its impossible for the president to have a conflict of interest, simply by being president, I've got a mountain home in Florida I'll sell you.

Deep freeze packed with Trump Steaks.
In your link, it says this is only about one of his buildings. He is leasing the land from the govt on a 60 yr contract. Because of this, There is a clause in the original contract that prohibits any elected official to make money off of the hotel. He is giving it to his two sons.

Thread over.

Haha. Yeah, "thread over".

What you're talking about is the b-side to what this thread is actually about.

Good try though. Almost.
What is the A side then?

What the OP is actually about.
So no? You don't want to explain it? Where does it say that he needs to relinquish his businesses to anyone? You have not posted the statute which makes this necessary.

Nowhere. As I've stated twice in this very thread. It's not legally required.

Why do you believe Trump to be immune from conflict of interest?
you won't show me where he has comitted any conflict of interest?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I'll tell you.

18 U.S.C. Section 202 specifically states, as relating to Section 208 which deals with financial interests:

“Except as otherwise provided in such sections, the terms ‘officer’ and ’employee’ in sections 203, 205, 207 through 209, and 218 of this title shall not include the President, the Vice President, a Member of Congress, or a Federal judge.”

So no conflict-of-interest. If he goes over some of the other prohabitions, it is up to Congress to decide and act on.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

That is extremely serious, but I will wait till his first week is up before condemnation. I am disappointed though because he should have already got his sh!t in order.

That's true as well. If he completely divests himself soon from all his businesses, great. For everyone.

I think it's his echoing Nixon in his "If the president does it, its not illegal" attitude that I have a problem with.

We'll see.
Has he said "it's not illegal if the president does it"? Or are you projecting that attitude onto him because you "don't like" him?

"The law is totally on my side, meaning, the President can't have a conflict of interest,"

edition.cnn.com...

And while that may be legally correct in this instance, the statement echoes the attitude in the Nixon quote perfectly. Whether legal or not, if you believe its impossible for the president to have a conflict of interest, simply by being president, I've got a mountain home in Florida I'll sell you.

In your link, it says this is only about one of his buildings. He is leasing the land from the govt on a 60 yr contract. Because of this, There is a clause in the original contract that prohibits any elected official to make money off of the hotel. He is giving it to his two sons.

Thread over.

Good try though. Almost.
What is the A side then?

So no? You don't want to explain it? Where does it say that he needs to relinquish his businesses to anyone? You have not posted the statute which makes this necessary.

Where is the conflict of interest? Which foriegn dignitary did he rent a room to?

Also, from your OP link

Trump said at a Jan. 11 press conference that he and his daughter Ivanka have signed documents giving up control of all Trump-branded companies. Next to him on a table were stacks of documents he said transferred "complete and total control" of the companies to his sons Eric and Donald Jr and another employee.

Also, he took his oath on friday, it's sunday now.

We the people shouldnt have to wait for a conflict to come to light. We can see them coming. We can see him lying.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

We'll see.

edition.cnn.com...

Thread over.

Good try though. Almost.
What is the A side then?

Where is the conflict of interest? Which foriegn dignitary did he rent a room to?

Also, from your OP link

Trump said at a Jan. 11 press conference that he and his daughter Ivanka have signed documents giving up control of all Trump-branded companies. Next to him on a table were stacks of documents he said transferred "complete and total control" of the companies to his sons Eric and Donald Jr and another employee.

So he had a stack of documents on a table no one got to actually look at. That he "said" completely transferred control of his companies over.

And now we're finding out nothing has been filed for him to do so.

True, it is early, but this is a lengthy process that should have been started earlier, especially given the lawsuit that is being filed tomorrow.

I guess we'll know soon

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Why wait another week? This should have been set up before the election. Clinton had plans before the election. He has had since nov 8th and so far the only thing he has done is lie, go on victory tour and nominate only ~30 of thousands of nominations?
he already filled out the paper work and finished the process on jan 11. This is CNN making # up and their lap dogs lapping it up and running to make a thread without reading their own OP links.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Why wait another week? This should have been set up before the election. Clinton had plans before the election. He has had since nov 8th and so far the only thing he has done is lie, go on victory tour and nominate only ~30 of thousands of nominations?
he already filled out the paper work and finished the process on jan 11. This is CNN making # up and their lap dogs lapping it up and running to make a thread without reading their own OP links.

Actually the link in the OP was from NPR, but you'd know that if you actually read it instead of trying to troll.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

We'll see.

edition.cnn.com...

Thread over.

Good try though. Almost.
What is the A side then?

Also, from your OP link

So he had a stack of documents on a table no one got to actually look at. That he "said" completely transferred control of his companies over.

True, it is early, but this is a lengthy process that should have been started earlier, especially given the lawsuit that is being filed tomorrow.

I guess we'll know soon
are you now claiming that maybe he faked a big stack of paper work to dupe the American people?

It is sunday. When did anyone have time to go to that office on saturday, (when they are closed) to check for the files? Can you not see the manufactured story here?
edit on 22-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

We'll see.

edition.cnn.com...

Thread over.

Good try though. Almost.
What is the A side then?

Also, from your OP link

I guess we'll know soon
are you now claiming that maybe he faked a big stack of paper work to dupe the American people?

It is sunday. When did anyone have time to go to that office on saturday, (when they are closed) to check for the files? Can you not see the manufactured story here?

I see a lot of manufactured stories, and most of them come from the Trump admin.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Actually the link in the OP was from NPR, but you'd know that if you actually read it instead of trying to troll.
Lo#l your second link is from CNN. You're not very good at this debate stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

We'll see.

edition.cnn.com...

Thread over.

Good try though. Almost.
What is the A side then?

Also, from your OP link

I guess we'll know soon

I see a lot of manufactured stories, and most of them come from the Trump admin.
Which ones? Bring em to the table. Don't just say they are out there somewhere. Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Nope. My second link is from The Hill. The third link was from CNN, and wasn't directly what the OP was about.

You're not very good at this "counting" stuff, huh?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Nope. My second link is from The Hill. The third link was from CNN, and wasn't directly what the OP was about.

One of your # links was from CNN. Is that better? This is like talking to a 4 yo who you know is lying but keeps sayin nuh uh..it was the third link. straw man. Not even a good one.

Toss me one of those fake stories made up by the trump campaign? I feel like swatting flies.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

One of your # links was from CNN. Is that better?

None in the OP were. The one from CNN was about the quote Trump made echoing Nixon, and that was further down in the comments, so not directly about the OP. Read the thread.

That being said, do you trust Trump not to use his position as president to profit for himself?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

He said he filled them out and divested in the press conference but he has offered no proof of doing so nor have people been able to confirm he has.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

None in the OP were. The one from CNN was about the quote Trump made echoing Nixon, and that was further down in the comments, so not directly about the OP. Read the thread.

That being said, do you trust Trump not to use his position as president to profit for himself?
He is one of the richest people in the world. I don't see how he could possibly avoid making some kind of money with his 100's of businesses around the world. What he can do is sign a stack of paperwork which hands the reins over to his kids? Are you gonna be mad if they turn a profit? What i expect from him, is to help America to turn a profit..... for the first time in how many years? If he does that, i will gladly send him a check out of my own accounts.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

He is one of the richest people in the world. I don't see how he could possibly avoid making some kind of money with his 100's of businesses around the world. What he can do is sign a stack of paperwork which hands the reins over to his kids? Are you gonna be mad if they turn a profit? What i expect from him, is to help America to turn a profit..... for the first time in how many years? If he does that, i will gladly send him a check out of my own accounts.

As long as he separates himself from his businesses while he's president I have no issue with him being a businessman.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

He said he filled them out and divested in the press conference but he has offered no proof of doing so nor have people been able to confirm he has.
It is sunday. I would imagine the paperwork is written in such a way as it goes into effect after he takes the oath.

He says he filed it on jan 11. With the media taking pics of him and his daughter in front of the paperwork. That paperwork will make a long journey before it is filed for the public to see.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Who are these people? The stupid media. Why should he show them or anyone else any of his legal paperwork? It's none of their business!! I'm sure his lawyer's filed it where it needed to be filed, too bad the media wasn't included.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Trump is already shell-gaming his brand to "Scion" anyway. . .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
Why should he show them or anyone else any of his legal paperwork?

Because of the position he was selected to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join