It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Passengers cheer as woman berating Trump supporter is kicked off plane

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The woman was making physical threats against the man.
The Captain assumed escalation could ensue and...for the safety of all passengers...told the attendants to remove her from the plane.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

You crazy!

FA'S are under no obligation to keep you on a plane. A dispute is much easier if resolved by removal on the ground than one allowed to fester and brew until airborne...which this one very likely would have.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So your charge against him is that he was like the lion in the French zoo;
"Cet animal est tres mechant
Quand on l'attaque, il se defend."

[This animal is very naughty, because it defends itself when something attacks it]

edit on 23-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

if they're just going to kick people off to solve it, kick them all off.

What. all Trump supporters, all women, all men, all whites, all elderly, all blacks, all democrats...everyone???

Yeah I want you to move this guy because I don't agree with the purpose of his journey...

Ok..everyone off...re-book your flights...make sure you are affiliated to the next passenger you are going to be sitting next to on the forwarding flight to avoid further delays...

Haha.

Seriously, though, the lengths some will go to to defend someone in the wrong just because they are an anti-Trumper is quite shocking. It's a real cult they are in.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The woman was making physical threats against the man.
The Captain assumed escalation could ensue and...for the safety of all passengers...told the attendants to remove her from the plane.

I'm more concerned about how ATS reacted.

I think the reaction here is very low class and I don't really accept it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Like I said, this is an anti-liberal thread.

The thing is, there are nutty people on the right too. And I don't honestly think they are nutty specifically because they are on the right. I think they are nutty because they are nutty. It's just a coincidence that they happen to be on the right.

Same with this woman. But apparently it's much more fun to bash liberals in general than to admit that being nutty has nothing to do with being liberal. Or conservative.

But y'all go on with your bashing. It's obviously how you get your kicks. Bashing a whole ideology because of one nutty lady who was probably having a bad day because her mother-in-law died. Maybe you could make fun of that too. Especially if her mother-in-law was a liberal. Only good liberal is a dead liberal, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If he can't ignore her without issue('verbal threats'), yes remove him. It applies equally. I'm not arguing she not be removed at all.
edit on 23-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Pretty soon you won't be allowed to voice political opinion at all, and I'm the one in the wrong bringing that part of it up.

You couldn't be any more distracted by partisanship at all.

Telling someone you're going to puke on them is an attack/assault/insult/worth of removing them from the god damned plane? Not going to convince me ever. You need to grow testicles if what she said would have offended you. Not you specifically, that's just my attitude. You can take your convenient partisan argument, my observation is not one I'm alone in, there is an even finer line each day with Political Correctness as the Right now draws even more absurd lines than what the Left originally had everyone dealing with.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Like I said, this is an anti-liberal thread.

The thing is, there are nutty people on the right too. And I don't honestly think they are nutty specifically because they are on the right. I think they are nutty because they are nutty. It's just a coincidence that they happen to be on the right.

Same with this woman. But apparently it's much more fun to bash liberals in general than to admit that being nutty has nothing to do with being liberal. Or conservative.

But y'all go on with your bashing. It's obviously how you get your kicks. Bashing a whole ideology because of one nutty lady who was probably having a bad day because her mother-in-law died. Maybe you could make fun of that too. Especially if her mother-in-law was a liberal. Only good liberal is a dead liberal, right?

The OP does not mention liberals.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Pretty soon you won't be allowed to voice political opinion at all, and I'm the one in the wrong bringing that part of it up.

You couldn't be any more distracted by partisanship at all.

Telling someone you're going to puke on them is an attack/assault/insult/worth of removing them from the god damned plane? Not going to convince me ever. You need to grow testicles if what she said would have offended you. Not you specifically, that's just my attitude. You can take your convenient partisan argument, my observation is not one I'm alone in, there is an even finer line each day with Political Correctness as the Right now draws even more absurd lines than what the Left originally had everyone dealing with.

It sounds like you don't understand the difference between voicing political opinion and harassing another person.
If she wanted to have a political discussion she could have engaged the guy in a discussion and tried to convince him that he had voted the wrong way, with tangible reasons. It's possible to speak very directly without being threatening. She didn't. She was rude and aggressive and she got what she deserved.
edit on 23/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This gives me a good idea to post a rant against everyone on all sides where I get to put myself up on a high horse and talk down to everyone in my typical self-righteous but somehow bizarrely justified and then later respected by everyone manner.

Cool.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So you are saying that anyone who complains about bad bahaviour is as guilty as the person committing the bad bahaviour?
That doctrine would have astounding impications if it was applied across the board. Again, you would find yourself at odds with a large percentage of the left-wing in politics.

So, let me see; if a female passenger complains that a male passenger has been groping her, your solution would be to throw them both off the plane. "If she can't ignore him without issue, yes remove her".
I am not sure you have really thought these things through.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sounded more to me like she made a couple 'off comments' and was removed from the plane for them.

You again fail to see how it's relevant that she is telling him. He failed to ignore her.

"Don't talk to me please."

Wow so hard.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Sounded more to me like she made a couple 'off comments' and was removed from the plane for them.

You again fail to see how it's relevant that she is telling him. He failed to ignore her.

Wow so hard.

A couple of off comments?
Yeah, right.
We're not going to agree. I just hope her bad attitude really put her out and she has learned her lesson.

link   

No, the physical distinction between these two examples was made already. That segway isn't even worth addressing.

If you cannot ignore someone 'verbally harassing' you, you are an idiot however. There is only SO MUCH she can say between gaps of silence before it becomes clear she won't stop. He never asked her to stop. Just complained and applied censorship as needed for his campaign.

link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
This gives me a good idea to post a rant against everyone on all sides where I get to put myself up on a high horse and talk down to everyone in my typical self-righteous but somehow bizarrely justified and then later respected by everyone manner.

Cool.

Awesome. I'll check it out...Just don't threaten to barf on anyone who disagrees with you.

link   

No, the physical distinction between these two examples was made already. That segway isn't even worth addressing.

If you cannot ignore someone 'verbally harassing' you, you are an idiot however. There is only SO MUCH she can say between gaps of silence before it becomes clear she won't stop. He never asked her to stop. Just complained and applied censorship as needed for his campaign.

jeez, are you the husband by any chance?????

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well, first of all I don't believe her MIL had anything to do with it in my opinion, but let's run with your theme for a moment, shall we? ??

1. Okay, her MIL died; don't you think she should have had other priorities other than getting in some guys face about her left wing politics, for NO reason at all ???

2. Let's say the MIL did just die; what a great respect this woman showed for the death of her MIL by picking a fight with some stranger over politics on a commercial airline, right?

Is there any act some of you liberals can't make up some weak excuse for?? Simply amazing.

Next thing you know this whole thing will be attributed to the fact this woman was having a menopausal hot-flash, right? This, rather than ever admit to really poor judgement, immature behavior and generally screwed up priorities! Perish the thought!

Oh, and lastly, no, living liberals are much more amusing.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This makes no sense. Why should he get kicked off a plane because he was getting harassed?

This goes for practically everything else. If someone walks up to some random guy on the street and punches him, the guy who got hit shouldn't be arrested.

This is some weird Saudi-like justice method. Punishing the victim for...well, I don't even know.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wow so hard.

A couple of off comments?
Yeah, right.
We're not going to agree. I just hope her bad attitude really put her out and she has learned her lesson.

I would venture to guess that her meek hubby caught bloody hell from her as soon as she left the plane.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join