It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to Find Non Fake News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

This is going to be very unpopular, particularly on this site, but the MSM is overall the most honest group. They get things wrong on occasion, but they issue retractions when they do. For all the flack they're getting CNN is the most unbiased and most factual news organization in the US. There's just a large contingent of people on the right who are trying to deflect the fake news label given to some right wing alternative sources, by claiming the good newscasters are fake, and those same people don't like that there's a lot of substantive issues where their new President is falling short.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

And that is what it inevitably boils down to, though trump supporters will deny this.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I agree.

CNN is the pace-setter.

They have mastered the art of subliminal BS.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

This thread reminded me of one source I haven't looked at in quite a while. I believe they will point out the good things and the bad things that will come out. The theme of these reporters as they say is to "cover the news in the public interest". With all news sources and reporters, take with a grain of salt. This may be a good source to check from time to time:

Pro-Publica : Journalism In The Public Interest -

www.propublica.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Actually it's all getting to be a bit tiresome....

Trying to figure out the truth of ANY news now requires checking 20 some odd left and right web sites for comparison ...sitting thru umpteenth broadcast channels..listening to opinions of friends and family... reading online forums chats etc.....to even try and formulate your final opinion.

It's almost like having a part time job now.....A part time job I don't want or have time for.

I can actually almost understand why a lot of people just say F*CK IT and believe the first thing they Hear !!
I guess ignorance is for slackers....But Damn the sh*t just keeps on piling up !!
Now you need a shovel,magnifying glass and gloves every time you step back into it !!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

And that is what it inevitably boils down to, though trump supporters will deny this.

Please, explain how "fake news" is a Trump supporter issue? We would all love to hear it. Especially since the whole phenomenon started at news networks unfavorable to Trump.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

It's all spin on the same source. Rather than listen to others thoughts on the matter, and spend 20 hours trying to develop a nuanced view of peoples opinions on a subject, why not just go directly to the source? Most MSM stories all come from the same source, either an AP story which you can read directly or a quote you can listen to, in context from the interview in question.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

In many ways the objective or consequence of fake news is to create doubt in all news, which makes it easy in many cases for parties to dismiss legitimate news as fake.

Every tragedy these days brings out people that almost immediately call FAKE, crisis actors etc.

What is "real" ?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I go to Infowars, Breitbart, the Gateway Pundit, and conservative blogs for all my non fake news.

*facepalm*

Yes, the man who sells iodine and other fake "neutracuticals" tells trustworthy news.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
You want real news?
We'll need to create a robot with unbiased AI.

Humans have bias
Corporations have a bottom line

Just as history is written by the winners, the news supports the winners' story.

Challenge..

www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Perhaps I should've ended my post with this,

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

NO of COURSE not.
WE would have killed them attempting to penetrate the potlucks...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Fake news referred to actual fake stories that were being posted on social networks, not stories that backed up with evidence but is then labeled fake because it shatters Donalds Ego, or threatens the reality that his followers are beholden to.

The right took the label and decided to apply it to any news story that doesn't align itself with their narrative or reality. That is why is a trump supporter issue. In the beginning it was a reasonable term used to label news which had been published by actual FAKE sites to shift supporter for either candidate.

And again the right took it, and turned it into their own little weapon whenever they wanted to avoid reality. Now they are using it to discredit the media even when the media has evidence to back up their stories. They will look for one little grammar error, or mis-wording and then deem that as evidence to label something as fake news.

Stop acting like you do not know this.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the local news sources where the story has taken place...
at least that is my thought. they are probably the least able to actually come out with a bunch of lies without getting caught.

outside of that, don't know.. it seems that every information source is being slapped with the label on it by one side or the other... if you believe both side, well there is no trustworthy news. what does your eyes, your ears, your own brain tell you?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My favorite source of fake news is here: Mr. Plows Favorite Source for Fake News

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Perhaps I should've ended my post with this,

/sarcasm

Might have helped...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

recently ?

well I will hear a story doens't matter where it's from... Ok and maybe it's talking about some new scary thing Trunp is enacting. Then I go to the actual executive order or bill or law or letter or whatever it is and read it for myself and draw my own conclusions..

If it's something you'd have to be on the ground to verify then you cross reference every source you can find and come on ATS and talk about it..

It's not a job figuring out the truth that one brain has the time or right viewpoints to do.

so short answer?

ATS...

And this is going to make me cringe, but Fox news?? It's the least weird, which is messing up my whole world haha.. but there you go. I seriously havn't seen a story from CNN that hasn't been in one way or another made up or made to look a certain way or whatever..

By the way it wasn't Trump that started the Fake news craze I think it was CNN but it was one of those news corporations. and they were talking about fake stories that "tricked people into voting for trump"

the Irony I saw it from the jump.. In my head I was like oh no you just shot yourself in the foot. It didn't take long for the term fake news to wind up describing CNN and ABC...

And now it's what you call it when you discover a story is flat wrong.. Oh nah dude that was just more fake news from CNN..

the volume of it makes you wonder where is the real news?

Well I don't think there is any.

it's like washington post owner owns amazon and has a 600 million contract with CIA was it?
all of them have this weird conflict of interest like that, so you gotta role with it and stay alert..

my reaction when someone says "did you hear..." I go hold on I don't know if that's true.. "but I saw it on..." I know hold on let me research it.

google and ATS.
And watch those too, because you know ATS doesn't always get it right.. And google can be sneaky trying to hide things from searching eyes..

edit on 22-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

*facepalm*

Yes, the man who sells iodine and other fake "neutracuticals" tells trustworthy news.

his news is ALL REAL dude.. You know I just watched him on youtube (I had too lol the title) and he said that Trump is going to release the "life extension technology" and "disease cures"

yep Trump has ALL the secrets and he's not messing around, according to alex..

not only that but lucifer himself is Trumps main enemy. Trump is on gods side guys.

He's restoring America to the second Atlantis as it's divine providence..

It's nuttier than all of that. I just had to watch, the first 1 minute sucked me right in.

infowars... Real News?

LOLZ

my favorite quote.

"When I get embarrassed about something I jsut have say it, so I can get it out.. I'm being completely honest with you here.. It comes off a bit melodramatic, a bit cheesy..... When I say that I underestimated Trump, and he is so freaking GOOD! I've done millions hours of research and the understanding the vision the grasp, the instinct the spirit he has..."

something along those lines.

I love Alex Jones sometimes, but I can't go there for news.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Whichever source that confirms your bias, that's the non fake one.

You guys rock man. Lots of good advice. I do agree that we sometimes search hard to confirm our bias and ignore the ones that don't. I think we all a guilty of this. Glad to see ATS coming together on these topics.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just come to ATS for all my news, making sure I read everything on the NEW forum twice a day so I don't miss anything important.

ATS is a great filter - you get everything except maybe sports - real news - fake news - really bad faked news - its all here.

Lest we forget: TV/cable news is entertainment programming, it's about as "real" as those "reality" (nonscripted) shows.

Thousands of ATS members research the news, report what they feel is important, and publish links for you to dig in if you want. That's got the mainstream media beat hands down. The fact that the OPs make additional comments and promote discussion, is an added plus. Besides, stuff shows up here a good day or so before it hits the mainstream, except for politics....

ganjoa
edit on 22-1-2017 by ganjoa because: Miss Spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join