It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Samaritan killed trying to stop robbery. Concealed carry holder wounds assailant.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
BREAKING: Shooting In San Antonio Mall Leaves 1 Dead, 6 Wounded; Two Suspects Sought.

This is still an ongoing situation. According to reports, one person is dead and six others have been wounded in a shooting at the Rolling Oaks Mall in San Antonio, Texas.

Seems like the info is a bit sketchy at the moment.

Most of the sources seem to be from local news source twitter feeds.

ETA:

What was first reported as more of a multiple victim public shooting has turned out to be a robbery which turned violent.

Man killed trying to stop robbery at Rolling Oaks Mall in San Antonio.

LIVE OAK, Texas – A Good Samaritan was shot and killed trying to stop a robbery.

Two armed men attempted to rob Kay Jewelers in Rolling Oaks Rolling Oaks Mall just after 3:30 Sunday.

An unarmed man attempted to stop the robbery and was shot and killed.

Another man, who was carrying a licensed concealed weapon, then shot and wounded that robber.

edit on 22-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Two suspects sought...could be a coordinated attack.
edit on 22-1-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

1 suspect in custody, shot by citizen with CCP, one suspect at large.

1 citizen dead, six injured, last I heard.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Glad you added the robbery angle. Just saw it reported.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm from the area, Rolling Oaks Mall is smack dab in the ghetto of San Antonio. Surprised but not surprised.

They tried to rob a Zales jewelry store. They'll be footage soon enough.
edit on 22-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
From what I've been able to gather, the shooting didn't start until after the Good Samaritan tried to intervene and was killed. The first robber was shot by another person with a concealed weapon license, triggering the second robber to start firing away injuring six other bystanders.

This is why regular folks shouldn't attempt to play cops and robbers. They are not sufficiently trained to handled an active shooter situation with innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Fired 6 shots injured 2. Good Samaritan died I believe.

The shooting suspect was transported to SAMC in critical condition. A male and female shooting victim were also transported to SAMC. A woman suffered a heart attack at the scene and another woman went into labor.

Local article: news4sanantonio.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

This is why regular folks shouldn't attempt to play cops and robbers.

No. This is exactly why more need to carry. Those bastards who think they can just walk in, wave a weapon and everyone cowers, need to be nervous that they will be facing the business end of a gun if they try it. It is NOT the fault of the guy who shot the criminal. It is on THEM for starting it.
Every time one of those low lifes try it, they should afraid of this -

Just skip to 2:10 to get my point.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

My fear is not for the bad guys. It's for innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

From initial reports, the shooting did not start until the Good Samaritan killed attempted to intervene. Regular folks are not trained to handle these kinds of situations. In this case, it only exacerbated the situation.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

My fear is not for the bad guys. It's for innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

From initial reports, the shooting did not start until the Good Samaritan killed attempted to intervene. Regular folks are not trained to handle these kinds of situations. In this case, it only exacerbated the situation.

We don't know if after the unarmed guy was shot, the armed man was threatened, also.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So....we just cower and let them get away with it? Embolden the further by letting them know we'll just lie down like good little victims?
Nope. Sorry. Not built that way. These scum, and the far too many like them, are the very reason many of us carry.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

So....we just cower and let them get away with it? Embolden the further by letting them know we'll just lie down like good little victims?
Nope. Sorry. Not built that way. These scum, and the far too many like them, are the very reason many of us carry.

Stay calm and Glock on....

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

This is why regular folks shouldn't attempt to play cops and robbers. They are not sufficiently trained to handled an active shooter situation with innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

Actually most people that carry usually attend training and train with their firearm quite often.

The Good Samaritan was not carrying and was not able to do much because of that.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So you would needlessly risk the life of other innocent bystanders to take a personal stand. What right to you have to place these people who are already in a precarious situation at further risk?

No one likes the bad guys to have an upper hand. Yet it makes no sense to throw caution to the wind and potentially worsen a dangerous scene.

Now, if it was just you and the bad guys, no bystanders around -- that's a completely different scenario. You are only placing yourself at further risk.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That's not what is being said.

If you are going to have a CCW, which I do, you need to train, train, and train some more.

We don't know what the situation was, who hit the bystanders, where they were when hit, any number of variables...

Part of my own responsibility, when I got my CCW, was to learn responsible use, safe use, not just shooting, but when, and where, and just as importantly, when not to.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

How am I "needlessly" putting someone's life at risk? It's not a "personal" stand. I'm not Wild Bill and I don't take carrying a weapon lightly. If/when the situation comes up, I will do what needs to be done, If I can. If the bad guys start shooting first, the sh** has hit the fan and all bets are off.

Tell me, When is it ok to stand up? Tell me that any cop would have done it differently. The robber fired the first shots. How do they know it wasn't that, that triggered the other to start shooting? They obviously came in there ready to do so, by the way they started firing for any reason. The Good Samaritan was not armed, but they shot him anyway.
Neither you nor I were there and the reports are not clear, but I would bet that as soon as his partner started firing, the other guy joined in out of panic.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Unarmed, he decided to go against 2 men who were armed... Sucks that it happened but what a dumbass. Thanks armed citizen.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I understand that and do quite a bit of training myself. I trained for years even before I got a carry permit in Illinois. I'm not new to guns by any stretch and I didn't just get a CCL and go all John Wayne.

I'm not going to second guess the guy. I wasn't there and I didn't have to watch an innocent person die in front of me because some low life wanted jewelry and money.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So just let the criminals do their deeds? Bs thats how cowards and evild perpetuates...it may cost a couple good lives to stop...but not nearly as many as if you let these bastards run wild.

Oh and most folks that carry are very well trained, not all, but most.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Two armed men attempted to rob Kay Jewelers in Rolling Oaks Rolling Oaks Mall just after 3:30 Sunday.

An unarmed man attempted to stop the robbery and was shot and killed.

Should stupidity, and a pathologically skewed value system, not have consequences?
edit on 22-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join