It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After broken promise, WikiLeaks seeks Donald Trump's tax returns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If there were nothing damaging he would've released them yesterday. Funny how Mr. transparency, a man who demanded Obama's birth certificate, can not bring himself to release his tax returns. Something that every other president has done.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Vdogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg

If there were nothing damaging he would've released them yesterday. Funny how Mr. transparency, a man who demanded Obama's birth certificate, can not bring himself to release his tax returns. Something that every other president has done.

I won't assume that there is anything damaging in his tax returns, I mean he IS being audited isn't he? Isn't it the purpose of the audit to make sure nothing illegal is going on?

That being said, I think if he said he will release them then he should do so. I also don't feel it is of much importance that he does release them, if he doesn't his credibility will only move down a smidgen with me.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

WAIT WAIT WAIT! Now that Assange is going after Trump, he's suddenly the bad guy? HA! You guys are too much.

Trump needs to release his tax returns. That audit excuse is just a bunch of high smelling bs.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You can have a legally valid tax document but it still be embarrassing if it shows things about your taxes that are contrary to your stances about things as a politician. Like not paying taxes, a fairly high sticking point for many Americans.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It is public information that Donald Trump received some 44 million bucks during his time at the Trump organization from 1971 to 2017. That means his salary was roughly 1 million bucks annually.

www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-its-stock-collapsed-trumps-firm-gave-him-huge-bonuses-and-paid-for-his-jet/2016/06/12/58458918-2766-11e6-b9 89-4e5479715b54_story.html?utm_term=.71044dde9e63
edit on 23-1-2017 by TaiHai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So this New York attorney generals says Donald Trump isn't allowed to close his foundation until his investigation is complete. And how long has that been going on? Half a year already.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wikileaks releasing stuff about Hillary. Heroes. Wikileaks releasing stuff about Trump. Compromised.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hacking the IRS is more difficult than hacking a simple gmail account, but it can be done I think.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
They should call on previous hackers that may have the info(still not a lot of people compared to overall population), considering they trust WL enough to turn it over,

Last Feb:

In an announcement Friday, the IRS said that it now believes 724,000 taxpayers' information was stolen in a cyber attack last year, more than double the amount it said was exposed last summer. It's the second time the IRS has raised its estimate of victims in the hack, which was first discovered last May.

The IRS originally said hackers had accessed 114,000 people's personal information by downloading their tax returns through a "get transcript" feature on the agency's website that has since been disabled. But in August, the IRS tripled its count, saying it believed 334,000 people's information had been breached in the attack. That's not even including taxpayers whose accounts the IRS said hackers targeted unsuccessfully.

Source
edit on 24-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: date

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can have a legally valid tax document but it still be embarrassing if it shows things about your taxes that are contrary to your stances about things as a politician. Like not paying taxes, a fairly high sticking point for many Americans.

Not paying taxes? So you are suggesting Trump (or anyone else for that matter) should not LEGALLY take measures to lower their tax bill or eliminate taxes all together? Instead they should not take any LEGALLY ALLOWED tax breaks? Do you know how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

Name three things in Trumps taxes that you might find that would be embarrassing and contrary to his stance as a politician.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Like I said, being legally right doesn't necessarily make you morally right and that can be a sticking point to the public. You may not think so in this particular point, but that doesn't mean that many others don't. Especially since Trump campaigned against that very activity (so it also paints him as a hypocrite).

Also, being shady and refusing to release his taxes just makes it look even worse than it really needs to be. If he is on the up-and-up legally then releasing the tax returns and your argument would be a-ok. However, he won't do that; AND is so arrogant that he deems to speak for the American public saying they (we) don't want to see them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Donald Trump has never been convicted of a single crime and has never spent a single day in jail. His taxes are none of anyone's concern. It is strictly confidential. If you want it, feel free to hack the IRS archives.
edit on 24-1-2017 by yogamaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Like I said, being legally right doesn't necessarily make you morally right and that can be a sticking point to the public. You may not think so in this particular point, but that doesn't mean that many others don't. Especially since Trump campaigned against that very activity (so it also paints him as a hypocrite).

Also, being shady and refusing to release his taxes just makes it look even worse than it really needs to be. If he is on the up-and-up legally then releasing the tax returns and your argument would be a-ok. However, he won't do that; AND is so arrogant that he deems to speak for the American public saying they (we) don't want to see them.

There is nothing morally wrong with not paying taxes if you are not legally obligated to. NOBODY likes to pay taxes and you would have to be a complete moron if you paid taxes knowing you didn't have to pay them. That argument is complete garbage.

You still didn't......Name three things in Trumps taxes that you might find that would be embarrassing and contrary to his stance as a politician.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There is nothing morally wrong with not paying taxes if you are not legally obligated to.

Morality is relative to the person doing the moral judging. So you say this, but that doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you. Just because people don't like to pay taxes doesn't mean that everyone wants to reduce their taxes to zero. Some people actually understand the importance of taxes since the government can't run without them and that it is a necessary evil.

I named the one thing that makes it embarrassing. He didn't pay taxes. Rich people not paying taxes is an unpopular thing in this country. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that others don't.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

There is nothing morally wrong with not paying taxes if you are not legally obligated to.

Morality is relative to the person doing the moral judging. So you say this, but that doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you. Just because people don't like to pay taxes doesn't mean that everyone wants to reduce their taxes to zero. Some people actually understand the importance of taxes since the government can't run without them and that it is a necessary evil.

I named the one thing that makes it embarrassing. He didn't pay taxes. Rich people not paying taxes is an unpopular thing in this country. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that others don't.

I asked for three things. Let's see if you can think of just three. Leave out the "didn't pay taxes" one sense you already mentioned it. Let's see if you can name just three things.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I win.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join