It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's nominee to head CIA called for massive expansion of the Surveillance State.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
They pretty much already have the ability to collect this information. It is already being done, the new guy just doesn't know it and evidently some here don't know it. When you say something on the net, it is public information, they do not need a warrant to access it or use it against you. Anyone can read it. It is really not smart to say some stuff, it can get you in trouble.

When they made the department of homeland security, it included powers to do surveillance. I usually won't say anything incriminating on the internet. I try not to slander anyone because doing so can get you into trouble too.

As soon as you say something in a chat room, that information can be accessed by any police agency and be used against you, it is public, you have a password to get on the internet and a digital signature is in your computer or phone or on your internet wireless router. The new director is just talking about cross referencing the data, which is probably already being done too.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Now this is sad for sure and disappointing . but one would have to be politically naive biased if they thought that more Gov't surveillance would not have occurred under Hillary and the Democrats .

Bush Cheney unlocked the door and Obama kicked it wide open.

As I have said in the past. The worst trump can likely become is Hillary.

I gave him a notch up in my .001% optimism chart for killing the TPP, this brings it back down.

Bad Trump , Don't prove me right about you trump.

edit on 02131America/ChicagoSun, 22 Jan 2017 21:02:52 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Whoever said this, whoever wants the surveillance state to grow...

That person should not be allowed to lead anything, leave alone an intelligence agency.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As I've said before, when it comes to three policy issues, the republicans and democrats are indistinguishable:

1) both support endless war and us empire. Neither will hold accountable each other for illegal wars nor such things as torture.

2) both support problematic and dangerous domestic surveillance.

3) both support neo liberal economic policies that demonstrably only help the very wealthy, leading to endemic income inequality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join