It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do "THEY" keep trying to divide us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok, before i get to the actual rant, ill give a quick summary of where I stand/stood strictly for relevance to the rant.

Back to the election.
"The best choice for POTUS",
IMO, there wasnt a "best choice" both (or all 4 counting the independents) candidates were garbage.
Out of the 2 poor choices, i preferred Trump solely for the fact that he is not a politician. Career politicians have driven our society farther and farther in the wrong direction. So im very curious to see what happens when a non-politician is in the big seat. I know our Country and in turn the world, is not the greatest stage for this experiment, but its really the only stage for this experiment. Id rather risk it all for a chance of this society changing, rather than continue the slow, gradual decline weve been on.

Now, the side I back, the people I support are HUMAN. I am PRO-HUMAN, not Republican, or Democrat, or Black or White, neither Man nor Woman.
Everyday, i mean EVERY-FRICKEN-DAY theres pro-this, anti-that, everyone arguing their point thinking theyre right and others are wrong.
Everyone's screaming, "Obamas trying to divide us!" Or "Trump's trying to divide us!!!"
NO!!!! WE, YES WE, are "dividing us"! We dont need Republicans or democrats to do it, weve been doing a great job for a LONG time. And we will continue to do so, until we can all learn that DIVERSITY is what brings us, and keeps us together! You dont have to like a persons opinion, but you must respect it. If we all just respected everyone's right to be human, and their right to live how they see fit, the entire world would change over night!
You are all entitled to your opinions, and I respect them all, but I ask that you please do not point the finger at "that" group, or "that" person. There is good and bad in everything, and everyone. If you feel the need to point the finger at someone, dont do so before you point it at yourself!

The media will always take a lot of blame. What is a media company? A for-profit business!!! They have agendas, and investors to please. Thats a whole different debate. And to those who like to blame the "NWO", you just may be right.
Ive recently seen the NWO, theyve been completely revealed, Really!
WE. Yes WE are the NWO, pushing agendas and propaganda based on our own opinions. How do we stop this madness? By respecting everyone else.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Because "They" hate us cuz they "Anus."

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Ok, before i get to the actual rant, ill give a quick summary of where I stand/stood strictly for relevance to the rant.

Back to the election.
"The best choice for POTUS",
IMO, there wasnt a "best choice" both (or all 4 counting the independents) candidates were garbage.
Out of the 2 poor choices, i preferred Trump solely for the fact that he is not a politician. Career politicians have driven our society farther and farther in the wrong direction. So im very curious to see what happens when a non-politician is in the big seat. I know our Country and in turn the world, is not the greatest stage for this experiment, but its really the only stage for this experiment. Id rather risk it all for a chance of this society changing, rather than continue the slow, gradual decline weve been on.

Now, the side I back, the people I support are HUMAN. I am PRO-HUMAN, not Republican, or Democrat, or Black or White, neither Man nor Woman.
Everyday, i mean EVERY-FRICKEN-DAY theres pro-this, anti-that, everyone arguing their point thinking theyre right and others are wrong.
Everyone's screaming, "Obamas trying to divide us!" Or "Trump's trying to divide us!!!"
NO!!!! WE, YES WE, are "dividing us"! We dont need Republicans or democrats to do it, weve been doing a great job for a LONG time. And we will continue to do so, until we can all learn that DIVERSITY is what brings us, and keeps us together! You dont have to like a persons opinion, but you must respect it. If we all just respected everyone's right to be human, and their right to live how they see fit, the entire world would change over night!
You are all entitled to your opinions, and I respect them all, but I ask that you please do not point the finger at "that" group, or "that" person. There is good and bad in everything, and everyone. If you feel the need to point the finger at someone, dont do so before you point it at yourself!

The media will always take a lot of blame. What is a media company? A for-profit business!!! They have agendas, and investors to please. Thats a whole different debate. And to those who like to blame the "NWO", you just may be right.
Ive recently seen the NWO, theyve been completely revealed, Really!
WE. Yes WE are the NWO, pushing agendas and propaganda based on our own opinions. How do we stop this madness? By respecting everyone else.

Few points here to pick up on,

First a opinion is like a asshole everyone has one,

Second, we have started to see far more social issues since we have had "mass" migrant immigration globally, if this is the "diversity" you speak of "that brings us together" then I personally feel it has caused more division within certain nations than anything else. It is fairly obvious that the multi cultural soup experiment is a complete failure.. Before I get blasted as a neo nazi please note my wife is from South east asia and I am British with a mixed heritage son..

Sadly in my time working in many different people facing roles at all levels right up to the so called highest levels of society I can say that overall some people are good, many are not, a lot are jealous and there are many many cultural failings that are masked with buzzwords and BS..

Sadly a utopia of worldwide nations all getting together around a fire to eat peace crisps is never going to happen until you have totally diluted any sense of national identity, the experiment in Europe is a good example of this..

Way to many cultural ideas and differences, how the hell is one person that believes Gay people should be thrown off buildings and the moon is made of cheese ever going to get along with a strong minded athiest???, and that is on things that many people would put down to commonsense...

On and on it goes..

Nice idea but not in this lifetime..

RA

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The 'THEY' would be the media and whomever controls them. (I actually think they are just a law unto themselves personally)

It is the media who presents this roman coliseum style arena of blood sport spectator menagerie that we all feast upon. It is THEY who get our blood boiling, and it is THEY who are the ones who polarise us.

Aside from the fact that I am not American, I am not necessarily a Trump supporter and if I were a US citizen, I would not have voted for him.

But....

Now that he is in, I am extremely interested to see what he does. I think when you get past the ridiculous, at times un-pc but pretty funny gaffes, there is an intelligent man who really believes in America. He seems to want to stop this awful tide of relentless change and globalisation that has lead to so much economic pain for the average person on the street not only in the USA, but in most developed nations.
edit on 22-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The media = Falstaff.

He is represented as a liar, a braggart, a coward, a glutton, etc., and yet we are not offended, but delighted with him; for he is all these as much to amuse others as to gratify himself.

Just like Shakespeare's Henry V, Trump used to have a wild reputation for hanging out with the Media.

But Just like Shakespeare's Henry V, now that Trump has assumed the burden of governance, he has shut Falstaff out.

The media is old, bloated, and of little relevance anymore. They're Bitter that they are not in the inner circle, and still in denial about how old and deceitful they are. By dividing us they seek to prevent our clear perception of them, and their terminal gout.

Meanwhile Trump has an army of weaponized Autists making memes to win the cultural units of information. Memes are the new Longbow. We meme'd him into the highest office on the planet. Now that we look to invade the future . . . the media, like Falstaff, is too fat to draw a longbow. Too corrupt to make a meme. And too divided to strike the center of a target.

This video is only a week old. Made by a pro-Trump autist. Making Soros out to be the face of evil.

What has the media done over the past week that was new?

edit on 22-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Trying to?

Have you ventured outside recently?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
First world problems people with too much time on their hands not happy unless they have some pointless # to whine about and make everyone around them miserable .

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
i preferred Trump solely for the fact that he is not a politician. Career politicians have driven our society farther and farther in the wrong direction. So im very curious to see what happens when a non-politician is in the big seat.

First of all, I want to thank you for voicing your thoughts on this in a way I can understand. I don't support Trump, but I sincerely wanted to understand the motivations behind those that do. I have had some trouble doing so. The explanations so often fall into an increasing level of hostility, and it makes it very hard to "hear" the underlying personal reasons.

This article helped, and I have been referring my french friends who ask me how this happened to read this:
hbr.org...

I can understand better now. I suspect that many Trump supporters are not aware that even if they sort of chose to ignore much of the comments Trump has made which were highly controversial, those comments became defining for many, of what the supporters are actually for.

Many on this side of the world (including me) just kept wondering, how did our values become this? That it is good to grab the genitals of women you don't know? To speak of your daughters as objects of your own sexual desire? Stuff like that.

I see now what Trump exposed of his own character, values and ethics were largely overlooked by his supporters, because they were voting for what he is not, not for what he is.

So I understand a bit better now. I still feel anti-Trump, but I can empathize with some of the other side at least, which is great, as far as I am concerned. We don't need to agree, but a minimum of respect for each other is what I'd like.

My objection to his non-politician status is that I perceive the american government and the mass media as having been largely bought and controlled by big business. The politicians are puppets, a façade. Instead of seeing Trump as someone free of that, I see him as a continuuing of that.

Business is business....it is not concerned with human well being, it is concerned with making profit, and that is how it should be. But in my mind, that is why business and government should be separated (as much as religion and government).

Trump is a businessman. I guess one could reply that at least, there is a certain transparency here- he's not pretending to be a politician, we know he is here for making a profit, instead of living under the false impression he is working for the people. But that isn't true either. He claims he is working for the people, that he is part of the original idea of our government, to protect the people (not make profit for himself).

I guess we can only wait and see what happens. But his track record shows him to be big business- in the game of cold hard cash... making profit, and excluding ethics from the deal.

I need to remind myself at times that there is a strong belief in some circles that this focus on profit has a sort of side effect of actually creating some sort of ethical structure intact. People's well being will be attended to, because ultimately it is profitable to do so. (so it's all win-win). But I am not sure that philosophy has shown itself to work as well in practice as it does in theory. Much like the theory of Communism didn't either.

But I guess there is nothing to do but watch and see. Inside, I actually hope I am wrong and it will turn out differently.
Here's to hoping, for us all! Cheers!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Because it is easy.

It's the next step on the road they want to take us. Everything is fake. So nothing is true. Which means everything is true. Muddled. Obfuscated.

Has there ever been a better environment to operate from the shadows.

Yet most are blind. They think only the other guy is being played.
edit on 23-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

While its true that people do not need much coercion in order to make enemies of one another, it is also utterly false to state or conclude that the state of things today is a product of what the masses want, without influence from powerful groups, the people that are considered the owners of nations.

Without such coercion as these individuals provide, through media, through essentially owning the nations beneath your feet, the people would NOT be at odds with one another to nearly the degree that they have been of late. Even Trump is small fry, monetarily, when compared with the sorts of people I am talking about. These are the kinds of folks who own things like the Federal Reserve, which is a private bank, not an actual Federal Department in truth.

The sort of clout these people wield is absolutely unmatched, and many of the people who own that sort of institution, also lay claim to assets of similar import on multiple continents. But you will not find these people on the rich list, or rather, you will not find them to be at the top. Bill Gates, for example, is rich as can be, but has nothing to do with any of it. The reason you will not find these people by looking on Google, is because they do not like everyone to be able to actually tell who they are and what sized stick they are carrying. They deploy tactics which break up their assets and hide them, so that they can deploy financial power they do not, themselves, appear to hold. They use the same tactics that hide the assets of criminal enterprises, terror groups, narco-cartels, and other similar groups, to obfuscate their real reach and power.

These individuals are hidden, and they are very, very few in number, not many. Yet they pluck the strings of the instrument that is this world, and the vibrations of the same topple leaders, crush freedom, and create tyranny even in the most freedom loving places on the Earth. Their activity cannot be directly observed either, because they make thousands of small moves, in order to produce large effects, and like a black hole passing through space/time, you can only see the effects of their activity, not the actions themselves, making it next to impossible to identify them.

This is the conclusion I have reached after years of observations of current affairs, war, famine, disease, political upheaval across the world. I could not show you one example to prove it beyond doubt, because in order to place a person in the same position I am with regard to my conclusions, one would have to have been with me every day for more than fifteen years. None the less, that is my conclusion. I hope, in time, that this conclusion is borne out, when the structures which keep these people suckling at our teat collapse. Until then though, we have only the ability to refuse to be programmed, stand up for one another, and throw the phobics down a hole so deep that they cannot influence the outcome of events.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thank you for the information and very well thought out reply, and a BIG thank you for:

because they were voting for what he is not, not for what he is.

Those are the best words ive heard to describe it! I am going to use those when i discuss the whole election deal with others. I have been avoiding those conversations at all costs, but it seems to come up in almost everything! I still wouldnt have voted for him, but they are just as relevant to my place and opinion on the topic.
I also like your stance on the ethics and values, quite spot on IMO.
I coudnt see how it was not plain for everyone to see him as an elitist. Sure, hes not part of the Washington elite circle including the Clintons and Bushs', but hes not, not like them. He has own circle that just isnt part of the in-crowd (yet?) so to speak.
Well,he is in office. I do not wish for my country to fail, nor fail its citizens. All I can do is follow my own advice in the OP, and grab my popcorn.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thank you for thoughts! I read many of your replies on other boards. They are very well thought out, educated, and respectful statements and facts.

I didnt put too much reference to the influence of corporations in the OP. A couple of days prior to the date of the post, I was really lost in my thougts after looking around and seeing what we, the citizens have become.
I agree completely that corporate influence plays a huge role in human behavior, but I also think that their influences are driven by our actions. So it puts me in that, "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" Carousel of thought.
I was intending to focus on my part, our part, of not reinforcing corporate agendas and what we can each do here and now to make the world a better place. (Sorry for being cliché, but those are the only words that fit)
Whatever the intent, i thoroughly enjoyed your response, and found your entire statement beyond rebuttal.
Its great to know that other people, such as yourself, identify the threats that are posed against us. It seems like an unwinnable war.
I am hopeful (not naive) that one day we will gain some ground in this world. That those few on top will realize their mortality and become pro-human as well. I know the odds are slim, but i can not be drawn into melancholy by deeds of those who de-humanize themselves.

new topics

top topics

join