It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Political Daylight, Just for YOU

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There was a time several years ago that I was a prolific poster here at ATS, mostly on political and, by extension, economics issues. Political discussion can be so negative that it covers everything with darkness. The baiting and general tone of the discourse began to have such a negative effect on my emotional well being that I had to step back and re-evaluate what it was that I wanted to spend my energy on. And trying to be honestly heard in the forums on ATS wasn't it.

Before yesterday, it had been quite some time since I had even stopped in to see what you guys were talking about. I see not much has changed. We continue to allow our masters, and their minions, to dictate how we feel about things going on around us.

It really doesn't matter who "your" candidate was in the election, the fact of the matter is that D.J.T. did win the election and nothing is going to change that fact. So with that in mind, please allow me to introduce a little daylight back into the political forums here at ATS.

Whatever your view of President Trump, this is GOOD NEWS for the world!

Trump Fires Up Europe's Anti-Establishment Movement

Inspired by the inauguration of U.S. President Donald J. Trump, the leaders of Europe's main anti-establishment parties have held a pan-European rally aimed at coordinating a political strategy to mobilize potentially millions of disillusioned voters in upcoming elections in Germany, the Netherlands and France.

Appearing together in public for the first time, Marine Le Pen, leader of the French National Front, Frauke Petry, leader of the Alternative for Germany (AfD), Geert Wilders, leader of the Dutch Party for Freedom (PVV), Matteo Salvini, leader of Italy's Northern League and Harald Vilimsky of Austria's Freedom Party gathered on January 21 at a rally in Koblenz, Germany, where they called on European voters to participate in a "patriotic spring" to topple the European Union, reassert national sovereignty and secure national borders.

Polls indicate that the political sea change engulfing the United States is fueling support for anti-establishment parties in Europe. In addition to anger over eroding sovereignty, a growing number of Europeans are rebelling against decades of government-imposed multiculturalism, politically correct speech codes and mass migration from the Muslim world.

edit on 22/1/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

PLEASE DO NOT BE LAZY IN YOUR RESPONSES.
edit on 22/1/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Whatever your view of President Trump, this is GOOD NEWS for the world!

I've made my views on President Trump very clear , No it isn't good news for the world.
I don't see how the rise of the far right in Europe is a good thing either.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's good because the far left policies are and have been a disaster.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Obvious YES.
THANKS for you Prog input.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Welcome back! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We definitely live in interesting times!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So, am I correct in saying that you think the establishment has done a good job in running the governments of the world?

I couldn't tell from your response. Please be specific, and please don't use buzzwords like far right, etc. They only serve to ignite arguments - unless that is the intention of your post.
edit on 22/1/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

European governments tend to be centrist , either center left or center right.
The far right is never good.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I agree with you. Extremes are never good. Are you saying that the European establishment has done a good job?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No I'm not saying that but given the choice between them and what you've got I'll take them thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Lol. I have no idea what you just said. Have you read the linked article?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The E.U is at a cross roads and only the unelected leaders can decide which route it wants to take.

When David Cameron went to the E.U to re-negotiate the U.K's continuing membership, the unelected leaders literally took the piss and and continued down this freedom of movement rhetoric.

I appreciate David Cameron didn't ask for much either, but ever since the Brexit vote, the E.U has demonstrated the disdain for the U.K even further, by acting like petulant children, refusing to speak about any dealings of Brexit until the U.K invoke article 50, but still providing vitriolic titbits about punishing the U.K and the like.

There is a backlash coming and the E.U really need to weigh up whether freedom of movement is a price worth paying, especially after Germany opened the floodgates to the refugees escaping the Syrian conflict. I'm not saying immigration is bad per se, but it needs to be controlled, otherwise we see the strains on services, particularly the likes of the NHS, here in the U.K.

It's the same all over Europe, allowing more and more immigration, whilst on the advice of the IMF, Europe remains in Austere measures. It is not great timing by the elected and unelected Establishment.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This image demonstrates what many feel about how anti-establishment and self-serving Trump is.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I hadn't heard of Gatestone Institute until now

here is a short about:

Gatestone Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit international policy council and think tank is dedicated to educating the public about what the mainstream media fails to report in promoting:

Institutions of Democracy and the Rule of Law;
Human Rights
A free and strong economy
A military capable of ensuring peace at home and in the free world
Energy independence
Ensuring the public stay informed of threats to our individual liberty, sovereignty and free speech.

ok reading article now

Looks like the people wanting to "topple the EU" are going to win elections in France (April 23rd) and the Netherlands. (March 15th)

Germany of course is going full retard

In Germany, for example, Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel, in an underhanded effort to silence criticism of the government's open door migration policy, called for German intelligence to begin monitoring the AfD.

The German Interior Ministry is now proposing to establish a "Defense Center against Disinformation" (Abwehrzentrum gegen Desinformation) to combat "fake news." Critics have described the proposed center as a "censorship monster" aimed at silencing dissenting opinions.

this is a long article and I'm still reading it, but look..
The people going for this all connected world, they messed up bad..
And they are the cause of this new nationalist movement.

Many on here automatically jump to "it's the rise of the far right!"
Well, no it's not..

I'm not the far right and I support this.

We all remember how the the people of America were forced to quater red coats inside their own homes? Remember that kind of pissed us off right?
Now Europe did that to themselves.. and they are mad.

Being a nationalist is like owning your own house instead of living on a commune.

That's as simple as I can say it.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Trust me it's related directly to this thread. Even if it may not seem like it at first.

only 8:30 long..

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

are those the same people that stood by and let the dnc screw bernie?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

These parties are not anti-establishment in a healthy sense of the word.

The far right are not anti-establishment, they wish to BE the establishment. There is a massive difference.

I am anti-establishment, because I want the structures which bind people to poverty deconstructed, and know what those structures ACTUALLY are. They are found in the banking industry, the military industrial complex, the intelligence agencies and the halls of government. They are found with insider trading, they are to be found where people have too much and care too little. They are to be found wherever anyone is being charged for their healthcare, rather than having it provided by taxation. They are to be found wherever national institutions are being privately invaded so that the rich few can suckle from the teat of the powerless many. They are to be found wherever people are starving because their government prefers to take away their assistance, rather than take large companies to task for massive tax fraud. They are to be found wherever immigrants are blamed for the parlous state of a nations finances, even though the biggest drains on that finance are military overspend and unchecked corruption in private contracts with government.

THESE, not the issues highlighted by the far right parties, which is what the mentioned ones ACTUALLY are, are the REAL issues facing the nations in question, across the board, without exception. There is NO excuse for scapegoatery, because all that does is allow a party to ride a hatewave. It does not solve the systemic problems created by greed and what is more, dishonours and ruins nations, not to mention inviting people of good conscience and sound morals, to consider those nations their enemies, and act to destroy them utterly.

This cannot be allowed.

There is not a single far right movement, which does not seek a return to the worst of behaviours from times past, behaviours which saw the establishment abuse its power to create an empire so evil and powerful that it took the effort of more than half the world to kill it.

Unless that is what we want to permit, we should stop calling that muck anti-establishment, and start calling it only what it is. Far right, fascistic filth.

top topics

join