It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative facts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I grant that it is doublespeak and bad choice of words. But to attribute malice to her is a conceit not even I'm willing to make.

And what of the rest? Is it not Orwellian to report on two words of a 3000 word interview? The interview was a two-sided argument between two people. Now the Washington Post has an article titled, "How Kellyanne Conway ushered in the era of 'alternative facts'". Is this fair, ethical reporting? If we're judging by the standards of Orwell, this seems to me to be the offending party. We're talking about crowd size, probably the least important thing in the entire scheme of it, and the press has proven itself to be politically motivated in an effort to bring an elected President down.

edit on 22-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: heyguysimashill

The "facts" claimed by the press secretary that Kellyanne was defending are demonstrably false. That's the problem

For instance? Many things were spoken besides "alternative facts". Do you remember any of them?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In a larger, broader context Trump and Co. have engaged in Orwellian doublespeak this entire time.

This is simply a very, very obvious and easy to identify example of this doublespeak.

Evidence of the resulting doublethink can be found on this forum like turds in a litter box.

And as a "conspiracy community" this should be of great concern and interest. This is, after all, still a conspiracy community, is it not?
edit on 22-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Mein Kampf was a book on "alternative facts" and we know how well that ended for that country and its author.

Deny Ignorance, folks.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Mein Kampf was a book on "alternative facts" and we know how well that ended for that country and its author.

Deny Ignorance, folks.

And Trump kept a copy by his bed in his nightstand.

Not a joke.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm just going to reply to Trump followers with:

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

Any time they try and force their "alternative reality" on me. That's all they're going to get from me. They can try and force an "alternative fact" aka "lie" on me all they want ...

So, if Trump supplicants want to scream "FAKE NEWS!" They're going to get "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS" right back at them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

-Orwell, 1984

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Watching the interview in full context makes it even worse. The way she dances around the question proves in itself she knows it was a lie.

She even threatens to have to "reevaluate" the relationship between her and the host for asking her that question and questioning the press secretary.

Really?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I don't mind the combative tone that Conway had with the press.

The term "Alternative facts" just rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, it's only two words out of 3000.

But damn, those were two seriously wrong words to use.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Watching the interview in full context makes it even worse. The way she dances around the question proves in itself she knows it was a lie.

She even threatens to have to "reevaluate" the relationship between her and the host for asking her that question and questioning the press secretary.

Really?

I agree. She did dance around the question. So whats the problem?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Indeed. For those that need a reminder, he's a link to a business insider article that calls this out. Sad for those little case kkk tools in our country.

www.businessinsider.com...

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha

Deny Ignorance, folks.

And Trump kept a copy by his bed in his nightstand.

Not a joke.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't mind the combative tone that Conway had with the press.

The term "Alternative facts" just rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, it's only two words out of 3000.

But damn, those were two seriously wrong words to use.

I guess you should trust your intuition then.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is yet more propaganda, with CNN particularly picking it up as if it is a huge news story. The main headline in fact on their site and the subject of stupid talking heads today.

I saw the interview. The 'alternative facts' comment was not meant as anything other than CNN's facts are not the real facts, yet the propaganda narrative and big story is being created to play out some claim of 'anti-facts', falsehoods, or lies.

It was a poor choice of words by Kelly Anne Conway, nothing more.

The FACT that an entire misleading narrative can be weaved over an off hand comment in an interview tells you everything you need to know about the MSM.

Why are they not devoting time to discussing the withdrawal from the TPP and what it means for the American people, or the Democrat delays to confirmations? Nah, couldn't do that because it shows Trump has already started doing what he said and puts the Dems in a bad light.

MSM = FAKE NEWS, especially CNN.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't disagree with anything you said.

I think the big problem is that the MSM is the master at double-speak bull####.

And to even remotely play their game under their rules will only get ou burned.

As evidenced today.

They should stick to being blunt and honest. Really. The media doesn't know how to deal with that.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Really?

You don't have a problem with her dancing around a question?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is yet more propaganda, with CNN particularly picking it up as if it is a huge news story. The main headline in fact on their site and the subject of stupid talking heads today.

I saw the interview. The 'alternative facts' comment was not meant as anything other than CNN's facts are not the real facts, yet the propaganda narrative and big story is being created to play out some claim of 'anti-facts', falsehoods, or lies.

The FACT that an entire misleading narrative can be weaved over an off hand comment in an interview tells you everything you need to know about the MSM.

Why are they not devoting time to discussing the withdrawal from the TPP and what it means for the American people, or the Democrat delays to confirmations? Nah, couldn't do that because it shows Trump has already started doing what he said and puts the Dems in a bad light.

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

I refuse to live in your alternate reality!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Really?

I don't. It tells me immediately she can not answer it. That is all the information pertaining to that question that is required.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

I refuse to live in your alternate reality!

Stick with your propaganda

Perhaps you can spend the next year talking about crowds and buzz words.

edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Really?

The press secretary was outright lying and she framed it as "alternative facts".

That's the problem.

Thats not an interpretation of what happened, that's what happened. She knows it as well, judging by how she didn't answer the question by spinning off into other tangents.

The context "alternative facts" is said in means that the Trump administration has their own version of "facts". And their "facts" in this case were verifiably wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I do, true, but not as much as I have a problem with this blatant smear campaign.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join