It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative facts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anyone want to dispute my photo?
I can link if you need.
Even if he had less, they are definitely using a picture to show an exaggeration.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I believe that.

I believe you.

What I strongly disagree with, is using terms like "alternative facts" to sell the point

It reeks of dishonesty and word games better left to the morons in the media and definitely NOT to an administration that touted itself as being different.

Crap like this makes me think that I've been sold a bill of goods.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

They repainted it White from what I remember.
Fact or alternative Fact ? you decide

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yup.

Another new word for the Oxford Dictionary - "AltFacts."

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Of course, this is the same press that leaped to run with the MLK bust story too.

Which facts are the alternative ones?

I'll grant that it was stupid to go with the crowd size thing, but the MLK thing was legitimate. So we better get used to this and start thinking for ourselves.

I'd say its past the time for people to start thinking for themselves.
edit on 22-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jellyrev

I believe that.

I believe you.

What I strongly disagree with, is using terms like "alternative facts" to sell the point

It reeks of dishonesty and word games better left to the morons in the media and definitely NOT to an administration that touted itself as being different.

Crap like this makes me think that I've been sold a bill of goods.

Yea "alternative facts" really terrible poor choice of words. I agree, its dishonest.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Obama Kenyan born?

Obama a Muslim?

Trump a Russian operative?

Which of these are alternative facts?
edit on 22-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No God dam way

how will i make my money then ?...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course, this is the same press that leaped to run with the MLK bust story too.

Did they? A person from one outlet tweeting something is the "press leaping to run?" Do you have some examples of the claim you just made or are you simply repeating the perception that you were given?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Fact: Obama Kenyan born?

Fact: Obama a Muslim?

Fact: Trump a Russian operative?

Which of these are alternative facts?

All of the above.

Obama was not born in Kenya. Obama is not a Muslim. Trump is not a Russian Operative.

What remains to be seen is if he is a "useful idiot" for the Russians. What remains to be seen is if his campaign colluded with the Russians. That would not make him an Operative (i.e. a trained Russian Spy or Saboteur), but it might smack of being a traitor...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Mandela effect perhaps?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
DB, I was so relieved to read your thoughts on this thread and I want to give you a hearty slap on the back.. this is one truly great thing about America- critical thinking- which is not even taught in dictatorships/theocracies (I know- I taught Saudi students for a time). In conjunction with free speech, we have the capability to hold our government accountable.
I vow to support Trump, whether I voted for him or not, if he delivers on his promise to love our country and serve the people. I am so glad to hear that some of his supporters will hold him to the fire if he doesn't.
Proud to be an American right now (and not in the sense that I dislike the rest of the world either).

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Alternative facts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Only the disillusioned alt righter clings to this disaster. Normal people who aren't over 60 and have jobs laugh at this sht. This is the biggest joke in American politics.

What a bunch self deleters.

If Green Bay scores 17 and the Falcons get 31 the Packers victory will be considered an alternative fact. 'Mericuh.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Lol I just saw that. That they were offering alternative facts. Gee, thanks.

It is in my sig. Though, technically, that title shoud be "Trump, Trump Voters in Alternative Reality".

edit on 22-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Mandela effect perhaps?

I like the ME. Please do not tarnish it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I can only make it more real

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
"Ministry of Truth" never lies, it is just 'alternate facts' .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

S&F. Kellyanne seriously undermined a good argument against a biased MSM with that.

I am watching closely as to how the Trump administration handles the MSM and all the disdain people have for it. The situation is ripe for something really good or really terrible to happen between the government and the media.

I just want the two to be as neutral and far apart as they can be.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It's clear that Kelly-Anne is calling out the one-sided coverage. It's known as "stacking the deck", quoting out of context, and the suppression of contrary evidence. The fact that the press is chastising her for using the word "alternative", while dismissing the entirety of the rest of the 10 minute interview, proves her right.
edit on 22-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For anyone still confused: It's "Fake news" when Trump doesn't agree with it, it's "alternative facts" when Trump does agree with it.

The more you know...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join