It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: News Outlets Will Pay “Big Price” for Dishonest Inaugural Attendance Reporting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is what I am hoping for too. It's not just the fake narrative about crowds they perpetrated, but their behaviour for many years. In fact look back to when Obama repealed the anti-propaganda laws and watch how CNN's coverage changed.

I was under the impression there never was a propaganda law. SCOTUS ruled decades ago ( if i'm not mistaken) that the media had freedom of speech, and therefore was not subject to any laws about propaganda or lying.

Wasn't that law regarding the state being able to use propaganda against it's enemies?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
That's the surface issue, not the meat of the issue.

The meat of the issue is Trump was butt-hurt that Obama had more people at his inauguration than Trump did!

Remember the Trump rules.

1/ Trump must be the biggest and bestest at everything!
2/ If someone else is bigger or better than Trump, refer to rule 1.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
In fact look back to when Obama repealed the anti-propaganda laws

Exactly which laws, and exactly when were they repealed?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: UKTruth

This is what I am hoping for too. It's not just the fake narrative about crowds they perpetrated, but their behaviour for many years. In fact look back to when Obama repealed the anti-propaganda laws and watch how CNN's coverage changed.

I was under the impression there never was a propaganda law. SCOTUS ruled decades ago ( if i'm not mistaken) that the media had freedom of speech, and therefore was not subject to any laws about propaganda or lying.

Wasn't that law regarding the state being able to use propaganda against it's enemies?

~Tenth

www.businessinsider.com...

It is not about people's freedom of speech... it is about govt. made programming being pushed and targeted to US citizens, whereas it was previously not allowed.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WHAT MATTERS IS THE TANGIBLE LEGACY. NOT PICTURES.. NOT CROWDS.. NOT WORDS.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Lots of people falling for Trump Trigger Syndrome.

He getting them right where he wants them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump wants people to question his maturity, ego and honesty...even Right Wingers?

That's an odd strategy.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
No, Trump himself was caught in a lie. This morning, Kelly Anne Conway claimed it "wasn't fair to compare inuaguration crowds to Obama inauguration" without saying why not.

The media reports were accurate, Washington Metro reports ridership down, Neilsen reports viewers down (world wide) and DC Police report crowd numbers down.

Donald Trump only cares about ratings, and will lie to make sure his are better than anyone's (even when they're not)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a interview with Kellyanne Conway regarding this on Meet the Press. I am surprised she even did that interview, the guy is a tool. Lol..

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm beginning to think Trump has some super powers we don't know about. How he can get people to deny what they hear or see! That's some powerful mental suggestion.

The opposite is true,

Trump haters refuse to acknowledge the photos that show the area packed with people.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Trump wants people to question his maturity, ego and honesty...even Right Wingers?

That's an odd strategy.

Everyone is still talking about fake news - on both sides of the debate.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm beginning to think Trump has some super powers we don't know about. How he can get people to deny what they hear or see! That's some powerful mental suggestion.

The opposite is true,

Trump haters refuse to acknowledge the photos that show the area packed with people.

Indeed - one of the biggest inaugural crowds in hiistory.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Welcome to the next 4 years of your new presidency.

If we're lucky, he'll become your President too.

I mean, I'm willing to share.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
No, Trump himself was caught in a lie. This morning, Kelly Anne Conway claimed it "wasn't fair to compare inuaguration crowds to Obama inauguration" without saying why not.

The media reports were accurate, Washington Metro reports ridership down, Neilsen reports viewers down (world wide) and DC Police report crowd numbers down.

Donald Trump only cares about ratings, and will lie to make sure his are better than anyone's (even when they're not)

The problem is that the media is "creating bias" by misreporting and spinning the news to attack our new president, which undermines the entire "we the people" premise of our founding liberties.

This simply can't continue or there will be blood coming. Sadly, this is what people who see themselves as having "lost" only because that is what they are being told to do, want. The media will be kicked to the curb and with a violence we haven't seen in this country before if this BS doesn't stop.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's an odd strategy.

Everyone is still talking about fake news - on both sides of the debate.

Why would Trump want Americans to be talking about fake news?

How does that help him in any way? It's just a waste of his time when he has better things to do.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The only ones triggered here are Trumpkins, the rest of us are going to get up and go to work in the morning. Keep believing the lies the Orange Messiah spews, they will come back to bite you in the ass. Triggered = must defend Trump no matter how stupid I sound.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Spicer did not lie.

The Neilson ratings show 10 million more viewers for Trump than Obama 2013.

Internet streaming numbers set an all time record for any event ever.

Direct quote from Spicer:

this was the largest audience to ever witness the inauguration period both in person and around the globe.”

There's no way for him to know this.

“This was the first time in our nation’s history that floor coverings were used to protect the grass on the mall...That had the effect of highlighting any areas where people were not standing while in years past, the grass eliminated this visual.”

This is also not true, they were used in 2013.

So yes Spicer LIED. This was about Trump's EGO. Had it not been, Sean would have been happy to take questions from reporters who wanted to argue the 'alternative facts' he was presenting.

Also, your streaming source, is for ONE source. One Company...Hardly world wide. And also, is only an indication that more people have computers and access to the internet in 2016, then they did before.

~Tenth

Almost Half of the people I know watched it on the net or on their phones. Four years ago most people I know watched it on TV if they were home. So, I would say there was a big increase in people watching it this year. Not because Trump was in though, because they wanted to see if the protestors were going to start something. You have to give that credit to Trump though, they were protesting him. People were watching it at work. I wouldn't let my employees watch it at work if I still had my business.

Boy the world is changing, Trump is trying to get more people working yet his inauguration made them not work.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think it's good that the press has come out to defend themselves on this issue.

NBC called-out Conway on one of their shows today, pretty much calling Trump a liar on attendance.

That's all they got? Crowd size?

Pretty funny if you ask me.

Shows ya where their heads are at.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
T I DO hope Trump stamps out these liars once and for ALL. Anyone trying to say this matter is meaningless, is clueless, just CLUELESS.

But, But Donald is a compulsive liar himself, lies all the time, all the time, time out of number, Oh! and works on TV, but not on the God channel..yet. But I guess he might make a deal with Frankie if the numbers are right.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So, Drumpf even has to lie about the attendance at his innauguration, sad.
Then he had his press secritary double down on the lie.
Then he sent Kellyanne to Meet The Press to tell the lie again.
What a pathetic bunch of babies.
edit on 1/22/17 by NotTooHappy because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join