It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: News Outlets Will Pay “Big Price” for Dishonest Inaugural Attendance Reporting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm beginning to think Trump has some super powers we don't know about. How he can get people to deny what they hear or see! That's some powerful mental suggestion.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

At least it didn't take very long for him to do something that even makes the people on the Right shake their heads.

Too bad they couldn't have figured this out before voting him in to the most powerful position in the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And his supporters are doing just what Spicer did.

Come in here, lie about what happened and then leave. You point out facts to them that discredit the lie and pooof, like magic, they scatter to the winds.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It wasn't just CNN.

There are multiple outlets, multiple angles of shots.

Trump had a lacklustre showing. That's a fact. Kelly Anne Conway and Sean Spicer can yell about ' alternative facts' all they want.

The reality is, Trump got his feelies hurt by the reporting and send his Press Secretary to yell at the entire press core, without taking questions.

A grown man having a temper tantrum cause his boss told him to. That's sad. Over how many people watched him get sworn in? Talk about Ego.

~Tenth

But there is also the caveat that the media is going to pay for it. It's getting worse by the minute/mouthful every minute, never mind the day...did he mention his son-in-laws bro was at yesterdays women's march BTW

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is a FAR bigger problem than just the current administration being upset about a comparison photo. This is about the massive security THREAT from the MSM that continually seeks to divide the nation.

Regarding the photo and the time lapse video, there is NO WAY that they acurately represented the inauguration during the time the place was completely filled up. The WORST media outlet in current days actually has a VERY high quality HD photo, it's already been shown here, but I'm going to link it again.

In this photo, you can CLEARLY see the crowd all the way back to the Washington Monument. It's very tightly packed and the comparison photo AND the time lapse PBS vid do NOT represent the real turnout. Take a look at this picture, take your time, zoom in to see some of the hilarious expressions, then pan around toward the monument.

CNN Inauguration Gigapixel Photo

After playing around with that picture, you will realize that you can't just say "Oh that angle doesn't show it right". Nonsense!!

So this isn't about a "silly comparison". Who CARES if Obama had more people, what is more important, is that the media has completely LIED to you and continues to do so. They continue to stir division, and soon, it may actually result in "unrest" all across the nation, if people don't WAKE up, and realize the whole MSM is just one big CON job.

We have watched this on ATS for YEARS. We saw them do it in 2008, then again in 2012 when it began to get BLATANT with Ron Paul. Even FOX was behind that one. Then again in 2016 with Bernie etc etc etc. Now it is a full blown WAR of mis-representation and false reporting on Donald Trump.

Does something need to be done about it?? HELL YES, it's the number ONE problem plaguing our nation right now. I DO hope Trump stamps out these liars once and for ALL. Anyone trying to say this matter is meaningless, is clueless, just CLUELESS.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I hope they revoke CNN's FCC license. That would be a real proper punishment for subversion of the American populace, even those who want their lies to be true.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Even Brit Hume had to call BS on the fake news narrative,

I was in the building at the bottom of picture on right yesterday. Shot was taken early, area was considerably fuller by time of speech

mobile.twitter.com...

No, @brithume. This picture was taken from a live feed, from a tv control room DURING the speech. Why lie about it? Surely you took a pic?

Twitter image link

Twitter link

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Does something need to be done about it?? HELL YES, it's the number ONE problem plaguing our nation right now. I DO hope Trump stamps out these liars once and for ALL. Anyone trying to say this matter is meaningless, is clueless, just CLUELESS.

But he's not doing it for those reason. He did it because his feelings were hurt.

If that had been the goal of the press conference, to actually call out the media, then Spicer would have come armed with answers to questions.

Answers rooted in fact.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

But he's not doing it for those reason. He did it because his feelings were hurt.

If that had been the goal of the press conference, to actually call out the media, then Spicer would have come armed with answers to questions.

Answers rooted in fact.

~Tenth

Really? How do you know? Do you know that because the media told you so? You don't think Trump doesn't know the BS and corruption going on in the media? But you'd rather just assume "his baby feels were hurt".

Whatever man, just WHATEVER. Believe whatever you want, but these type of things are stirring a whole crap ton of hate right now.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
C'mon now right wing idiots, do you really think he had over a million people attending? If so, I've got some swamp land to sell you.

Facts, millions less people watched it on TV and less people took the Metro to the inauguration.

Reality is that this junta is despised by THE MAJORITY of Americans. Only the bat sh it crazy "alternative facts" or shall I shall I say "alternative reality" people believe in this garbage.

Lastly, if there were so many people attending his inauguration, why is he using Obama's pictures. It's all right wing junk propaganda and these idiots at the helm know no bounds when it comes to BS.

Deny ignorance folks.....Deny ignorance!

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Donald Trump accuses media of lying about size of inauguration crowd, says about ‘million and half’ attended
globalnews.ca...

President Donald Trump accused the media on Saturday of lying about how many people turned out at Washington’s National Mall for his inauguration.

Speaking at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) headquarters in Virginia, Trump overstated the size of the crowd that showed up to watch the president take the oath of office.

“We had, it looked, honestly it looked like a million and a half people, whatever it was it was,” Trump said. “It went all the way back to the Washington Monument.”

“I turn on (the television) by mistake, and I get this network and it showed an empty field,” Trump told CIA staff.

“And it said we drew 250,000 people. Now that’s not bad, but it’s a lie. We had 250,000 people literally around that little ball we constructed, that was 250,000 people.

“The rest of the 20 block-area all the way back to the Washington Monument was packed. So, we caught them and we caught them in a beauty,” Trump said.

“Photographs of the inaugural proceedings were intentionally framed in a way, in one particular tweet, to minimize the enormous support that had gathered on the National Mall,” Spicer said in a briefing. “This was the first time in our nation’s history that floor coverings had been used to protect the grass on the mall. That had the effect of highlighting any areas where people were not standing while in years past the grass eliminated this visual.”

I remember seeing a thread here on ATS comparing Obama crowds to Trump crowds. I felt that somehow this was going to be another fake news event....well....BAM!

Furthermore...

“We know that 420,000 people used the DC Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama’s last inaugural,” Spicer said. “This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe.”

I am really sick and tired of hearing fake news stories and members on here eating it as if MSM is truth, the light, and, well, you can finish the sentence.

I hope Trump slams the media for this big league. Time to make America Great Again, and it is time to make the Media Reporting Honest Again.

edit on 22-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Really? How do you know? Do you know that because the media told you so? You don't think Trump doesn't know the BS and corruption going on in the media? But you'd rather just assume "his baby feels were hurt".

We all know about the corruption in the media, he's not some genius for having pointed that out. And no, the media didn't tell me, I watched him go up on the podium, read from a script - in which he lied and then RAN out of the room before the press could ask him questions.

That's not the behaviour of somebody who is trying to teach the press a lesson. That's the behaviour of a guy who was handed a thing and told go out and there and yell at them a bit and then come back.

A real press conference, is a discussion among reporters and the press secretary. Even his own party's network, the lovely people of FOX, were flabbergasted. I'm not one to defend Fox mind you, they've done some terrible, terrible reporting.

It was a punk move by the administration, that's all.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Was this a press briefing or a press conference?

If it was a briefing, question and answer session does not necessarily have to follow.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

If it was a briefing, question and answer session does not necessarily have to follow.

That's a good point, but I've seen a lot of briefings end with questions as well. Wikiepdia defines it as:

A news conference or press conference is a media event in which newsmakers invite journalists to hear them speak and, most often, ask questions. A joint press conference instead is held between two or more talking sides.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
C'mon now right wing idiots, do you really think he had over a million people attending? If so, I've got some swamp land to sell you.

Facts, millions less people watched it on TV and less people took the Metro to the inauguration.

Actually 11 million more watched it on TV than 4 years ago. For a total of 31 million viewers. Denying ignorance doesn't mean choosing only the partisan narrative you hope is true. And calling those who don't believe your partisan brainwashed narrative idiots, only shows how thorough the brainwashing is.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Neither, it was just a rant telling lies from the Trump administration.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The pettiness of arguing over attendance numbers, tweets, and photographs.

Trump (et al) has succeeded in dragging the American populace down to his level... and will, no doubt, beat them with experience.

Welcome to the next 4 years of your new presidency.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
The pettiness of arguing over attendance numbers, tweets, and photographs.

Trump (et al) has succeeded in dragging the American populace down to his level... and will, no doubt, beat them with experience.

Welcome to the next 4 years of your new presidency.

That's because you don't get it. This has nothing really to do with attendance numbers or photographs. That's the surface issue, not the meat of the issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You're comparing it to Obama's second inauguration which is ALWAYS lower than the 1st. C'mon, use common sense.

This is what I am talking about with regards to this "alternative facts" garbage. Using apples compared to oranges as propaganda and is quite frankly the same stuff that Hitler used in Mein Kampf. It's a slippery slope and all of the right wingers have slid far down this slope of BS.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha

Facts, millions less people watched it on TV and less people took the Metro to the inauguration. [/post]

Actually 11 million more watched it on TV than 4 years ago. For a total of 31 million viewers. Denying ignorance doesn't mean choosing only the partisan narrative you hope is true. And calling those who don't believe your partisan brainwashed narrative idiots, only shows how thorough the brainwashing is.

link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
in all seriousness, with all the news reports of planned protests and riots why would any law abiding citizen want to go?

I`ve read accounts of protesters blocking off access points to the mall and assaulting people who tried to go through.

Please provide a source, because I am calling BS on this.

link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I hope they revoke CNN's FCC license. That would be a real proper punishment for subversion of the American populace, even those who want their lies to be true.

This is what I am hoping for too. It's not just the fake narrative about crowds they perpetrated, but their behaviour for many years. In fact look back to when Obama repealed the anti-propaganda laws and watch how govt propaganda spread across multiple platforms.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join