It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: News Outlets Will Pay “Big Price” for Dishonest Inaugural Attendance Reporting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Even CNN images show the crowds all the way back to the Washington Monument.

www.cnn.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The media is attempting to manipulate people by saying the attendance was poor, in an effort to undermine Trump.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

No it wasn't. Don't put words in Donald's mouth because you don't know him. In the same breath, reldra is kind of reaching as well.

If I had to lean in one direction though, it would be reldra mainly because Donald is the type of person to do what she is pointing out.... being the con man that he is.

I don't think Donald is deep enough to look at Obama's photo and say "I'm going to keep it, because it's not about me, it's about the people" when his whole campaign has been run on him bragging about himself, or mentioning the people, but some how turning it into something about himself.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

originally posted by: MissionTruth
a reply to: tommyjo Ask the folks that was there. All the way back to the WM. The bikers were held back to

So why doesn't the time lapse show all those empty spaces being filled up? If the crowds went all the way back then those areas would be shown filling up and people streaming from them. Remember the time lapse records the people leaving the event and still the crowd doesn't go all the way back.

Also at 0:45 it is cut as people are still pouring in, then resumed as people are already leaving, probably missing a sizable portion of people.

Bad time lapse is bad.
Why edit a time lapse? It goes exactly against the point of a time lapse...
edit on 22/1/2017 by constant_thought because: clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I find it humorous how you guys are stuck on this ridiculous argument, instead of wondering why Donald is putting people who are completely unqualified, in his cabinet. I'm trying to figure out why this is more important than the CEO of exxon Mobil being SoS, or Carson being in charge of HUD.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Trump's first tweet as President used Obama's inauguration as background.

Variety

Twitter with comparison

That is the POTUS account.
I highly doubt that Trump was the one to post that tweet that day.
Even the way it was worded does not sound like it came from him.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is politics guys, everyone distorts things to make things look like what they want others to see. I may have voted for Trump, but I only voted for him because I didn't like the things Hilary had done. Bernie should have been up there, I would have voted for him.

I sure the hell wouldn't go out to see a president get inaugurated. The people in the videos remind me of ants gathering in places. I'd rather go to a rock concert or a big barbecue where they had food..

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It will be interesting to observe how it pans out for both the media and trump 2 years into his presidency .

Will trump have the time to continue calling them out on each bs the news spews or use them to deflect .

Or will the news get backlash eough to finally get some integrity back?

Im willing to hold hillarys breath to bet the press changes for the better.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Dear Donald

The average, working American will be judging your presidency, not on inauguration turn out, but what you do for the benefit of the country. It would be a good idea to move onto real issues for the betterment of the country.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

A lengthy discussion on a separate thread might enable us to get into a deeper discussion about socioeconomic issues that affect public perceptions and how they are connected to left/right philosophical leanings.

In the short form, imo, the real powers are neither left nor right in the political spectrum. They use those factions as tools they can manipulate at various times and places. They do have an agenda, and I think it is a globalist agenda, and I think the real spirit embodied in real American patriots is standing in their way.

That's why they are seeking to break us up and divide our people in any way they can. Only full out civil chaos and lawlessness will enable them to step in at just the right time. We must not allow the Soros' of the world to break our spirit, weaken our inalienable rights, and dilute our Constitution.

Without going into the details of how I concluded this, I will say that I think Donald Trump is a true patriot and I think he knows what has been going on and has information that these global power elites and their acolytes are scared to death of him exposing or interfering with.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

He has been very busy already working on the betterment of the country.

But media liars need to be stomped good, here and now, so that people are not disillusioned and distracted from the good that he will do.
It needs to be nipped in the bud, and hard.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The problem is that Donald and his staff have a different view of what is a lie, than half the country does.

If they can get away with claiming ' alternative facts ' then everybody is lying and it's everybody's fault. Won't have anything to do with the media one way or another.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The images show that the media distorted public opinion by selectively showing photos of certain areas before the crowd formed.
This makes their statements about low turnout a lie.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The media is attempting to manipulate people by saying the attendance was poor, in an effort to undermine Trump.

I'd be willing to say that the majority of people do not care one bit about the attendance.

Trump is the one that cares. His ego compels him the be the best at everything and he will not just let it go and move on.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The turn out wasn't a big as the last. So what. It's the LAST thing he needs to be dealing with.

One would think the news stated no one showed up. He made some big promises and talk, he needs to start the walk. Cutting of the Dept of Interior twitter is pretty low on the scale. The FHA rollback, minor.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Seriously, the amount of excuse-making for this debacle is sickening. Typically, if anyone tries to use their own "alternative facts" on ATS, for any other topic, they get their ass handed to them. But this? And people are all in? It's crazy-making. We all damn sure need to up our game the next four years, IMHO.
edit on 1/22/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The images show that the media distorted public opinion by selectively showing photos of certain areas before the crowd formed.
This makes their statements about low turnout a lie.

No they didn't. You mean to tell me that CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC and every single news outlet in the USA, manufactured coverage to make Donald look bad on his first day in office?

Are you kidding?

Sure, comparing his turnout to Obama's in 2008 was nonsense, of course he was going to have less people there than that.

But let's just take a peak at one of Sean Spicer's claims, that the turnout seemed less because they used those white matts on the floor. That's untrue, they used them in 2013 as well.

He said it was the largest number of people who have ever watched an inauguration, that's untrue also. Pretty sure he said that even before the ratings were released.

So you see, you can't have it both ways. You can't have your leader that you support and his employees, lying through their teeth and then call the media dishonest. Even if they are, it makes your guy look like an idiot, because we all know the news lies, we sort of expect it.

We don't expect it from POTUS or his Press Secretary.

~Tenth
edit on 1/22/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Then why were most media outlets making a big deal out of the lie, by showing misleading images and making false statements (including headlines)?

- because they wanted to affect public opinion

Media counts on those that they target just letting it go.
That's how they got away with it for so long.

edit on 1/22/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

And Trump's authoritarian reign begins because he's nothing but an orange baby man who is obsessed with appearances.

So now that the lie is exposed and the deceitful media is exposed once again, and this time a real whopper, you would just find more fuel elsewhere to hate with, rather than condemn lies and falsehoods, because it doesn't fit your narrative. A narrative that exposes hypocrisy, a childish lack of responsibility, and an overall outlook on life that uses the most negative aspects and negative virtues to nourish your own soul with..

Well, at least now we truly know what your kind are really all about.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: introvert

Then why were most media outlets making a big deal out of the lie, by showing misleading images and making false statements (including headlines)?

- because they wanted to affect public opinion

Media counts on those that they target just letting it go.
That's how they got away with it for so long.

This would not even be an issue if Trump would not have acted-out as he did. And I fail to see where the media lied about this.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

because trump made it a big deal!!! LOL

what pictures did the media show that were distorted??

wow. you guys really should stop with this, you look foolish in your denial.

edit on 22-1-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join