It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: News Outlets Will Pay “Big Price” for Dishonest Inaugural Attendance Reporting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Donald Trump accuses media of lying about size of inauguration crowd, says about ‘million and half’ attended
globalnews.ca...

President Donald Trump accused the media on Saturday of lying about how many people turned out at Washington’s National Mall for his inauguration.

Speaking at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) headquarters in Virginia, Trump overstated the size of the crowd that showed up to watch the president take the oath of office.

“We had, it looked, honestly it looked like a million and a half people, whatever it was it was,” Trump said. “It went all the way back to the Washington Monument.”

“I turn on (the television) by mistake, and I get this network and it showed an empty field,” Trump told CIA staff.

“And it said we drew 250,000 people. Now that’s not bad, but it’s a lie. We had 250,000 people literally around that little ball we constructed, that was 250,000 people.

“The rest of the 20 block-area all the way back to the Washington Monument was packed. So, we caught them and we caught them in a beauty,” Trump said.

“Photographs of the inaugural proceedings were intentionally framed in a way, in one particular tweet, to minimize the enormous support that had gathered on the National Mall,” Spicer said in a briefing. “This was the first time in our nation’s history that floor coverings had been used to protect the grass on the mall. That had the effect of highlighting any areas where people were not standing while in years past the grass eliminated this visual.”

I remember seeing a thread here on ATS comparing Obama crowds to Trump crowds. I felt that somehow this was going to be another fake news event....well....BAM!

Furthermore...

“We know that 420,000 people used the DC Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama’s last inaugural,” Spicer said. “This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe.”

I am really sick and tired of hearing fake news stories and members on here eating it as if MSM is truth, the light, and, well, you can finish the sentence.

I hope Trump slams the media for this big league. Time to make America Great Again, and it is time to make the Media Reporting Honest Again.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

And Trump's authoritarian reign begins because he's nothing but an orange baby man who is obsessed with appearances.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Obama on the left, Trump on the right:

Fact!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

All of them, including Fox, did their best to bury Ron Paul.

So I love any hell that Trump gives to the media.

That having been said, Trump comes off as a ridiculous clown.

What do people expect?

Trump and Hillary were literally the two most hated candidates in our nation's history: Trump and Clinton are the most despised candidates in history.

And we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years...

a reply to: DerBeobachter

Photoshopped? The other pics Ive seen show fewer people at Trump's inauguration.

edit on 22-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It wasn't just CNN.

There are multiple outlets, multiple angles of shots.

Trump had a lacklustre showing. That's a fact. Kelly Anne Conway and Sean Spicer can yell about ' alternative facts' all they want.

The reality is, Trump got his feelies hurt by the reporting and send his Press Secretary to yell at the entire press core, without taking questions.

A grown man having a temper tantrum cause his boss told him to. That's sad. Over how many people watched him get sworn in? Talk about Ego.

~Tenth

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Unfortunately, Big Globalist Money is behind the liberal networks manipulating and moulding the minds of everyday American citizens.

I think it is a sort of social engineering effort going on in our population. They may as well, imo, change the name to the Soros News Network.

This website might be of interest to you:

Soros Spends Over $48 Million Funding Media Organizations

I love the fact that Trump has recognized it, has known about it for a long time, and is calling them out now. People may not like his methods, but, as American citizens, we should thank him. The mainstream media moguls are very interconnected with the left wing liberal establishment, and just a cursory study of Soros will make you shudder at what he does to hurt the economies of countries for his own personal enrichment and ideology.

Our left wing media pundits, imo, have been bought and paid for. That is why they did everything they could to get Hillary elected, why they fawn over the inept Obama, and praise every left leaning spokes person out there.

Guard your minds. Be aware.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I am really sick and tired of hearing fake news stories and members on here eating it as if MSM is truth, the light, and, well, you can finish the sentence.

I'm really sick and tired of hearing fake news coming out the mouth of our new President and sycophants eating it up. You can confirm the aerial pictures from the available video. Here's a time lapse that a Trump-supporting member posted in one of the threads that has you triggered:

That's still a lot of people. It's not nearly as many as the 2009 inauguration. That's a fact. Look at the maximum number in the time lapse and then look at this image:

Looks like the picture from the Trump inauguration matches up pretty damn well doesn't it? You don't have to believe the media, believe your eyes. The ironic part is the pictures you and others in denial — those open to having Sean Spicer dictate a new alternative reality based on the needs of Trump's ego — keep posting are from the same "dishonest media" that the rest of the images come from. The only difference is the pictures you choose to post are from the podium looking out. You favor those images because its an angle that doesn't show how empty the back part of the National Mall is which allows you to maintain your delusion.
edit on 2017-1-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I am really sick and tired of hearing fake news stories and members on here eating it as if MSM is truth

I am really sick of people who, when a news story doesn't fit with their distorted version of reality, simply yell "Fake News!" and "MSM Illusion!" as a seemingly valid retort as if that both proves and settles it once and for all.

Trump has conditioned (er, trained) you all very well. Sad!

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So... Trump admin doubles down on an obvious outright lie and people not only don't care, but jump up to defend it.

Is this really surprising? If you hear something uncomfortable it has to be a lie, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good. Make an example of the lying treacherous media.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You do realize that even Fox News has called Trump out.

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong. Photos of the National Mall from his inauguration make clear that the crowd did not extend to the Washington Monument. Large swaths of empty space are visible on the Mall. Thin crowds and partially empty bleachers also dotted the inaugural parade route. Hotels across the District of Columbia reported vacancies, a rarity for an event as large as a presidential inauguration. And ridership on the Washington's Metro system didn't match that of recent inaugurations. As of 11 a.m. that day, there were 193,000 trips taken, according to the transit service's Twitter account. At the same hour eight years ago, there had been 513,000 trips. Four years later, there were 317,000 for Obama's second inauguration.

Fox News Fact Check

Watch the reality of the time lapse. Note the people leaving after the inauguration.

From Trumps perspective it looked like it was a full house all the way back. In reality it wasn't. You can't from that perspective see the true picture of the crowd. The time lapse shows the reality. That is why even Fox News called him out. No wonder Sean Spicer didn't field any questions. That poor guy was sent out spin a yarn.

Link to image from Trumps perspective

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
in all seriousness, with all the news reports of planned protests and riots why would any law abiding citizen want to go?

I`ve read accounts of protesters blocking off access points to the mall and assaulting people who tried to go through.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Cmon people try. made it myself.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't think comparing Trump's turnout to Obama is fair. Obama won by a landslide, he was the first "black" president and he made everyone believe he was going to change America. That basically ruined it for any president that followed.

How did Trump fair against Bush and Clinton?

They are not very good angles but it looks like neither Bush or Clinton managed to populate very much of the area between that pond and that big statue where the MSM keep concentrating their comparison.
edit on pSun, 22 Jan 2017 12:38:23 -06002017 023Sun, 22 Jan 2017 12:38:23 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

While there may be some truth to this I don't feel it's particularly accurate as we have no time frame reference. If both were known to be taken during the speech then I would agree with the statement, but as far as I am aware we do not know exactly when these images were taken and if they were taken at the same time.

One could be during the speech the other could be when the proceedings had finished. There's no evidence that I am aware of that says either or.
edit on 22/1/2017 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Look at the image more closely. How many people do you see in the very rear? Look the right side of the gigapixel shot. Looks like 14-15 by my count. Now look at the "fake news" picture you don't like (on the left). How many people? (just count the tiny dots)

Looks to be about the same? Look down a little bit in the gigapixel. How many people do you ACTUALLY see there? A cluster on the side and a line across the front? Now let's scroll down a bit more to a part you're not showing in your image. Oh look, another mostly empty section.

Scroll down a bit more and lo and behold, another big empty section you ignore:

You're the "fake news" in this case.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

according to time stamps I've seen most trump pics showing empty crowds are before 11:10. Obama timestamps were after 11:20
Usually a 15-20minute timestamp difference.
There is also reports that the park service was delaying massive amounts of people from getting to the crowd areas.
Pictures should only be used when comparing when at maximum attendance.
My bottom picture is sometime around 12:00 as the 360 picture is during Trump's speech.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't disagree that there are empty spots.
I never said there were not.

Your own pictures debunk the pictures that the media and leftist are using.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Who cares? No one likes Trump. Get over it!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo Ask the folks that was there. All the way back to the WM. The bikers were held back to

<<   2  3  4 >>

join