It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media has replaced reglion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah, that's right: people are told what to think by the media. And the vast majority of people obediently think as they're told. It's just human nature--who has the time or the energy to sort out all the issues one's self? The media does this for us. It offers us safe, often comforting opinions that appear to be the consensus of the nation.
source

Reglion is outdated for the simple reason that the mindless zombies watch Fox news to know what to think instead of having reglion telling them what to think.
In some ways mass media is just as bad as reglion the likes of Fox news are always trying to shove an agenda down your throat.
How to prevent the mass media from controlling the population?
There is only one way interpendent thought not everyone is capable of this thou.
If you have Kids and they have an opinion about world events ask them why they have that opinion? get them to think about what has been said on the TV news. Defeat mass media agenda with Interpentdent thought!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I assume you mean independent thought. Thats what we are all
doing here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
New age, new means of controlling the masses. Unlike the days when religion ruled the World, and the majority of people feared their own shadow, these days, people are actually less ignorant and have a little better understanding of the World. I'm still shocked that religion has such a strong following still, but we do have to take in to account children being brought up not to question their religion (ie. kept ignorant).

These religious families have on average two/three kids, who are then brought up to adhere to their religion and not question it. Most of these so-called religous children haven't even seen or read the Bible or Qu'ran. I know many Christian people too, who don't read the bible, pray or attend church, even muslims admit to not reading the Qu'ran, praying or attending mosque, but they still insist on being called muslims.

The dogmatic religions are finally dieing out and are being replace, it's just weird why people insist on being called Christian or Muslim, when probably 7/10 don't even follow their proclaimed religion,

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The media thinks for us so we won't have to. Let's face it. Humans want automation. We want our life to be as free from stress as possible. Therefore we created the media in order to work out what others may consider 'intellectual stress'.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
tottaly agreed, my parents worship that dern box like its some sort of holy figure.

top topics

join