It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the line for you????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Thing is, I wasn't aware of any big riots, only large protests like the women's march. I don't watch much news.

Hence the line of inquiry, which ended a few posts back.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to: Shamrock6

Pathetically off topic as well, the OP was about protests or worse, and what will make people cross the line.
I completely understood your distinction as it mirrors my perception of protest and riot.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yet here we are, pages later?

Not sure how you heard about the women's march and the inauguration, but missed the parts about the over 200 arrested for participating in riots but hey, cool.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If Labour MP's and others try to vote against us commencing Article 50 in March OR if the likes of Richard Branson, Tony Blair, Tim Farron and the anonymous 4 who have gone to court try and manage to overturn the decision of 17 million plus to leave the EU. I think this will be the time when our Elite and MP's will have a huge wake up call.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: ketsuko

Speaking of healthcare, I won't get into the which is best argument as it would be off topic, but I'd bet my house and all my possessions that if the UK government tried to bring in a US style system then there would be much rioting.

There are some things which Brits will fight with violence, and cessation of universal tax funded healthcare is one of them, for sure.

Thay are in the process of doing it by stealth just now mate.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You do realize that during WWII we had Japanese Internment Camps here in the U.S., don't you?

en.wikipedia.org...

The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in camps in the interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[4] people of Japanese ancestry who lived on the Pacific coast. Sixty-two percent of the internees were United States citizens.[5][6] These actions were ordered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt shortly after Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm aware of the sly intentions but we ain't there just yet thankfully so I'm seeing how things pan out for a bit....I'll be happy to join you on the streets as I'm sure you will mate...cover each others backs yeah, if you get tased before me then remember all the cop has left is his crap stick.

I took a stick off an overly aggressive cop a few years ago, he # himself when I threw it over a wall then radioed back up lol

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'm aware of the sly intentions but we ain't there just yet thankfully so I'm seeing how things pan out for a bit....I'll be happy to join you on the streets as I'm sure you will mate...cover each others backs yeah, if you get tased before me then remember all the cop has left is his crap stick.

I took a stick off an overly aggressive cop a few years ago, he # himself when I threw it over a wall then radioed back up lol

You should have shoved it up his arse and radioed for a proctologist.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

If you are an American-you just publicly identified yourself as a potential future homegrown terrorist that the new government needs to keep an eye on.

People need to read this book: www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Haha no, the look of fear in his previously aggressive eyes was #ing priceless when I chucked his stick away!
Even his mates took the piss when they arrived as backup, I complied then, and got released no further action a couple of hours later lol.
I bet they still call him Johnny lost baton!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
...and for the record, the cop in my story was overly aggressive and mistook me for someone else,I had done nothing wrong.

Only a small percentage of my constabulary area carry anything more than sticks so they behave themselves as well.
Devon and Cornwall police would not be able to stop major riots, and although my area is one of the least funded and staffed, the picture is pretty similar all over the UK...The government knows this...and thoughts to the 89/90 tax riots which I mentioned earlier, Thatcher resigned and the tax was repealed.
Riots have their place in society...They are the natural successor when protests fail and enough people are angry.

Oh and ironically it was municipal CCTV that allowed me to walk that day, the cop was seen to be striking me needlessly, so I agreed to let it slide in my interview because seeing his # scared face when I threw his stick away was better than any compensation.
The interviewing cops laughed.

edit on 22.1.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Speaking of healthcare, I won't get into the which is best argument as it would be off topic, but I'd bet my house and all my possessions that if the UK government tried to bring in a US style system then there would be much rioting.

There are some things which Brits will fight with violence, and cessation of universal tax funded healthcare is one of them, for sure.

I would be proud if I could say that of this country, but we've never had universal tax funded healthcare.

We'll have to dismantle several industries to get to a point where it would be possible to implement an NHS like system here.

ganjoa
edit on 22-1-2017 by ganjoa because: Miss Spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

It would be a riot situation for sure in the UK if it looked like a US system was really looking like a reality or government plan.
Healthcare is looked at as police, fire & rescue, coast guard, road building etc here, stuff we fund through taxes.

I won't go down the 'which system is better' road though, just pointing something out that Brits would riot over....universal tax funded healthcare is one, I'd bet my life on it.

*edit*
...and those who can't riot would support the rioters.
edit on 22.1.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Of that list? Gun confiscation is the only thing you listed that would push me over the edge. Otherwise, tax increases, further ACA-LIKE mandates requiring me to purchase or pay for crap against my wishes, further kneeling to globalism, further half asking of border security, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Right to protest is our fundamental right. However, protest that threaten the sovereign rights of bystanders is not. Nor is inciting of lawlessness by public figures a right. Looting or inhibiting the fruits of others labors is not a fundamental right. Clearly many voices were inhibited during the elections by the actions of the DNC and MSM. If there were and just cause for protests it should be against these two organizations whom sought to inhibit our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: neo96
Where is the line that if the US government crossed , it would cause you to take to the streets protesting or worse?

There isn't one.

If people haven't figured out by now protesting doesn't change anything.

How can you call yourself an American and say this?

I mean, the country came about out of protest - people standing up for what they believed in the face of the law.

Fairly certain it took riots and a revolution for the country to "come about" because protest wasn't getting anywhere.

Riots and Revolution is the ultimate protest: to put your life on the line for freedom. Like in Selma...

Or the confederacy... oh no wait those were traitors. Lol

Rebellions are all in the eye of the beholder. If you win your a hero, lose and your a traitor.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

You do realize that during WWII we had Japanese Internment Camps here in the U.S., don't you?

en.wikipedia.org...

The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in camps in the interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[4] people of Japanese ancestry who lived on the Pacific coast. Sixty-two percent of the internees were United States citizens.[5][6] These actions were ordered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt shortly after Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.

Yup but I don't get your point. If they tried to do it again I would join those raising hell.
edit on 22-1-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Where is the line for you????

Life is finding your 'speed bumps'.
There are always 'speed bumps' in life, the ones that deterred us when we were infants disappear, eventually, only leaving us to find new ones as we age, which disappear, eventually, only to reveal new ones... and so on.
'Happy' people have learned to dance between them, whenever they appear.
'Suffering/miserable/unstable' people attempt to break/destroy/lessen them, to level them, to head-butt them... whenever they appear!
These poor Souls need a 'clear field' (or think that they do) to 'dance'.

There is a Truth saying;

No matter what bothers/disturbs you, do nothing for long enough, and it will change! *__-

That being said, it is not as if we have any 'choice' in this.
Our nature, at the moment, determines how we react/act in any situation.

One day we can happily tool down the street, passing someone needing help.
Another day we have to stop and offer.
There is no 'rule' by which we can 'choose' to live.
We can vainly imagine how we will respond to situations that have yet to arise, but when the time comes, our nature, at the moment, manifests.

edit on 22-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Where is the line that if the US government crossed , it would cause you to take to the streets protesting or worse?

There is none. I live my life far enough removed from the fall-out of what D.C. does to not care about what they do.

edit on 23-1-2017 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2017 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What if they started interning pro-life supporters or other conservative leaning activists as "domestic terrorists"? Would that be OK? I get the sense you are not thinking that way, but just want you to confirm because the choice of only Muslim internments is curious. The internment of any group right?

For me, if they started allowing Muslims to openly enforce Sharia law in their communities that would be time to hit the streets. One of the leaders of the Women's March wants Sharia law in the US. Sick #.

There are a lot of good Muslims, probably the vast majority of Muslims that are establish citizens in Western countries are good people. But the Koran, the countless radical imams, and the prophet are not good. It is an unholy alliance. When Christians act out and do evil things they can't find any justification, only condemnation, for their evil acts in Christ's teachings. Conversely many devout Muslims find justification in the Koran for their heinous acts. It is disgusting to me that western liberals stand up for a religion that allows beheading non-combatant men, women and children, dropping gays off buildings, honor killing of rape victims or women who marry out of love, pedophilia as in child brides or keeping young boys to rape in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and elsewhere, killing political dissidents, killing apostates, and bombing fellow Muslims because they are not from the right sect. After every terrorist attack, Obama and other liberals were more concerned with defending Islam against imagined counter attacks, then with supporting the grieving families. There is also rampant obstructionist apologists in Europe for immigrants raping, assaulting, and killing EU citizens. I think Shia Muslims are a lot more compatible with Western Culture than are the Sunnis . Alas the Saudis are Sunni and we buddy up with those sick bastards for the oil.

Another massive Wall Street bailout would be another line. I am still supremely pissed that none of those evil, greedy #ing executives went to jail. Even worse, they scape-goated a couple low level analysts. They were basically getting their million dollar bonuses from taxpayer bailouts. How can they live with themselves?

Finally, there is a line for liberals who call out conservatives on dubious accusations of racist, sexist, and homophobic speech, while physically acting out their own hatred for these MSM generated boogeyman. CNN had all these stories about Trump supporters putting racist, sexist, homophobic graffiti on college campuses and minority churches. Meanwhile the only perpetrators actually caught were a couple Jewish college students and a black guy e.g. false flags for a false narrative.

At the same time there were countless videos on alt media of liberals physically assaulting Trump supporters. Those videos got no play or mention on CNN or MSNBC.

Liberals look at Trump as the next Hitler. To be honest I am, as a Trump supporter, on guard about that too and would turn on him in a MFing second if he starts to go down that path. I have no problem with a wall, in fact support it. But if he starts with the restrictions on Muslim US citizens writ large, then that would crossing the line.

All that said, I view this visceral, seething hatred from liberals as a much more likely source of the next genocide.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Dawgishly because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2017 by Dawgishly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join