It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the line for you????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: neo96
Where is the line that if the US government crossed , it would cause you to take to the streets protesting or worse?

There isn't one.

If people haven't figured out by now protesting doesn't change anything.

How can you call yourself an American and say this?

I mean, the country came about out of protest - people standing up for what they believed in the face of the law.

Fairly certain it took riots and a revolution for the country to "come about" because protest wasn't getting anywhere.

Riots and Revolution is the ultimate protest: to put your life on the line for freedom. Like in Selma...

Riots in pursuit of freedom is one thing. Riots as an adult form of temper tantrum is something else entirely. So while I agree with your point, I think a distinction needs to be made in light of recent events.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Whats happening today-now...with this administration of squirrels who havent any idea what they are accepting as posts.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Where is the line that if the US government crossed , it would cause you to take to the streets protesting or worse?

There isn't one.

I mean, the country came about out of protest - people standing up for what they believed in the face of the law.

Fairly certain it took riots and a revolution for the country to "come about" because protest wasn't getting anywhere.

It also took the Dutch to pay for it, and the French to arm them.

Back to 'What it means to be American'.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Logarock
Well dude just remember your position when vests and cars start blowing up at the mall or somewhere at an event near you.

Well dude, I can see the New York skyline from my house and I remember watching on television when people had to jump from the towers.

And I still do not want people discriminated against over their religious choices.

Well its not like we are considering action against the Kiwanis club or some crap. You simply say that to easy considering their history, their infighting, ect, ect. Would it be OK to you if we keep an eye ball on them? You know like Homeland security was doing to returning american vets under the Obama administration?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Whenever the government removes the rights of an individual to choose anything, then it is a freedom lost.

Specifically if choice does not infringe upon the rights of anyone else.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I'll agree to no Muslim immigrant registry when the leftists cease their gun ownership registry.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
As far as human atrocity the only line Trump voters seem to have is for themselves. They are extremely morally compromised. They basically established over the last year they have no line they won't cross, no code of ethics; no honor at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There isn't one.

Riots and Revolution is the ultimate protest: to put your life on the line for freedom. Like in Selma...

Riots in pursuit of freedom is one thing. Riots as an adult form of temper tantrum is something else entirely. So while I agree with your point, I think a distinction needs to be made in light of recent events.

So a protest only counts as a protest if you agree with the message?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

The right could say the exact same thing about Clinton so...did you have any actual hard facts you wanna go with or just gonna stick with the hand-washing?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
As far as human atrocity the only line Trump voters seem to have is for themselves. They are extremely morally compromised. They basically established over the last year they have no line they won't cross, no code of ethics; no honor at all.

And we go swimming right after we eat. We don't wait 30 minutes like everyone else.

Granted, it's dangerous.

But I like living on the edge.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

There isn't one.

I said riots. You said protests. You do realize they're two different things, yes?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
This really isn't about trump specifically , but any president or administration.

Doubling down on the war on drugs and rolling back pot legalization.

Well, Josh, amongst all the big, important stuff you managed to slip in the thing that really frightens you. What's wrong with doubling down on the war on drugs? Do you think all the tweakers would be coherent enough to follow you? Instead of tear gas, the police would only scatter some pills on the street and your pals would be too busy eating them to do anything else.

What would cause me to act? Rioters running through my neighborhood assaulting people, burning, looting, and destroying for some "cause" or another. Then, afterwards, having to clean up rotting rioter corpses that the coyotes didn't eat [and all the coyote crap, too.]

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Would it be OK to you if we keep an eye ball on them?

I have no issue with being cognizant of the potential actions of known radicals of any type, religious or otherwise.

Expelling people, some who may in fact be United States citizens, over their religious choices is so antithetical to what this country was founded on I almost wonder if the people proposing this tactic are too stupid to realize how stupid they are.

edit on 22-1-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

link   

This really describes Hillary and the DNC.

link   

The right could say the exact same thing about Clinton so...did you have any actual hard facts you wanna go with or just gonna stick with the hand-washing?

The right could TRY to say that about Clinton supporters but it wouldn't be true.

link   
The OP and a few others..... You act like "The Red Line" hasn't already been crossed decades ago..... We, the citizens, have done nothing but constantly moved the line backwards... little nudge here..... little nudge there... Let's just be reasonable we tell ourselves.
That line was crossed so long ago that no one even remembers anymore when it happened.
Some might say it was when that VERY illegal federal tax was created..... and turned into the exact thing the founders said it would.
Some may tell you it happened when we gave our soul to the Federal Reserve and have spent the rest of our lives in massive debt ever since.
Or maybe when the states lost their Right to Self Govern and became slaves to the Fed out of fear of the citizens tax dollars being withheld from them.

The OP cares more about some muslims being put in a camp ...... than he does about the people in his state and them having the ability to live their lives as a free society......He should be asking WHY the fed were even allowed to build these camps in the first place..... The camp being built is the redline..... not the group they plan on putting in them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The right could TRY to say that about Clinton supporters but it wouldn't be true.

"That's not true." The ultimate in factual respones.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Utter garbage.

More garbage.

Still waiting on Trump critics to cross that line of that thing called TRUTH instead of demagoguery.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

My "line" includes all of the things you listed. Specifics I would add...

- Rolling back any of the progress we've made on the fronts of liberty like...
- Marriage equality
- Protections in place to ensure health care for the impoverished
- Protections against discrimination, even if it's under the guise of "religious freedom"
- The right to have 100% autonomy to your own body (reproductive health)
- Starting a war we don't have to be in
- Pulling out of the U.N.

Now here are the things Trump could do that would have me marching in the streets in support of him:

- If he says "screw it" and replaces the ACA with a nationalized health care system (don't forget, he used to be a liberal)
- If he increases our GDP job markets by playing with tariffs and it actually worked
- If he settled the 2nd amendment argument by requiring certification (anonymous, non-tracked) for various classes of firearms. Certification would simply be a training class so anybody who owns that gun will know how to safely clean, load, and fire it; all with the social safety principles in mind. Once you have the certification, you can fill your fridge with all the hand cannons you want. This would prevent the countless gun deaths caused by simple ignorance of gun usage (like letting your kid have access to your gun in your purse)
- If he reduced military spending and focused on our actual defense instead of financing our foreign bases

Of course there are a lot of things I would stand up and cheer for but those are the things that I could realistically see his narcissistic orange ass doing because he's just that unpredictable.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There isn't one.

I said riots. You said protests. You do realize they're two different things, yes?

Indeed they are. We are discussing protests, though.

So, what is your point in bringing up riots, if not to paint protests as riots?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join