It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the line for you????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This really isn't about trump specifically , but any president or administration.

Where is the line that if the US government crossed , it would cause you to take to the streets protesting or worse?

For me it would be;

Muslim internment camps

Widespread gun confiscation

Bringing back torture

Mass deportation forces going house to house.

If an administration made an SS like security force loyal to a specific administration rather than the American people.

Restrictions for the press and/or free speech. Such as flag burning, I have never and most likely would never burn the flag, however it is not a jailable offense nor deserving of your citizenship being revoked.

Doubling down on the war on drugs and rolling back pot legalization.

I don't care who you are , nor who is in office, every American should have a line that if crossed we all get stupid and cause enough commotion to address it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Obama has so blurred that line you speak of with undercutting the US time after time that my patience is now very long that the pendulum is swinging back.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Prohibition.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's a really interesting question in its own right. It does make me wonder what variations we might see in that line crossing factor from members resident in other countries.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

My thoughts here in the UK, any attempts to kick out my settled EU friends after Britain becomes independent again.
All my Brit friends feel the same, and they haven't got enough tasers to stop the many decent people.
I suspect the government knows this as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If you are an American-you just publicly identified yourself as a potential future homegrown terrorist that the new government needs to keep an eye on.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Obama has so blurred that line you speak of with undercutting the US time after time that my patience is now very long that the pendulum is swinging back.

For the pendulum to swing back, you kinda need the majority of the population to agree with you.

Trump won in the lowest voter turnout per capita in history. Against the most unpopular/likeable opponent in history. And still lost the popular vote.

I'm not sure that is a pendulum swinging mandate.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We still torture...what the CIA did was basically outsource this tactic..we release certain suspected terrorist to another country and they do it for us...don't be so naive..similiar to our proxy war and the ever so famous Arab Springs...

Any internment camp is a horrible idea regardless of what race/religion..do you really believe that is a possibility from Trump?

Amazing that all the people turned out yesterday for women's rights but we remain in perpetual war with thousands,of people killed and that's not worthy of a mass protest..interesting to see what people really care about...how about organizing for the end to cancer..

So off topic

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Prohibition.

Of what?

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Prohibition.

Of what?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Where is the line that if the US government crossed , it would cause you to take to the streets protesting or worse?

There isn't one.

If people haven't figured out by now protesting doesn't change anything.

We saw Ferguson.

We saw Occupy Wall Street.

We saw Women Marchs.

We saw Trump protestors making snips out of themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Alcohol.

I would get all protesty and irritable if they tried to take my whiskey.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

We still torture...what the CIA did was basically outsource this tactic..we release certain suspected terrorist to another country and they do it for us...don't be so naive..similiar to our proxy war and the ever so famous Arab Springs...

Any internment camp is a horrible idea regardless of what race/religion..do you really believe that is a possibility from Trump?

Amazing that all the people turned out yesterday for women's rights but we remain in perpetual war with thousands,of people killed and that's not worthy of a mass protest..interesting to see what people really care about...how about organizing for the end to cancer..

So off topic

I doubt trump would do Muslim or immigrant internment camps, but he is a true wild card so you never know.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Elections have consequences-deal with it.

The liberals were damn keen on telling the right that after the ISIS sympathizer Obama took office.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

If you are an American-you just publicly identified yourself as a potential future homegrown terrorist that the new government needs to keep an eye on.

I am quaking in my boots. Prob won't sleep a wink tonight..

I'm not a "black helicopter's are comming to get your guns" guy.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As always failure to make good on the promises made that earned my vote.

Without a damned good reason for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I don't agree with having muslim or immigrant internment camps.

Just start shipping them out.

With force if necessary.

link   
I wouldn't protest because some of you can't seem to keep the difference between "protest" and "riot" straight in your minds. I might write a strongly worded email, though.

As for the "or more" or of your "protest or more" I'd venture to say that many Americans don't have the stones to go beyond protest at the end of the day. Time and again, group after group has shown that they're all talk and bluster and very little genuine action when it comes time to back up their words.

link   

Removing my freedom of choice.

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: CulturalResilience

My thoughts here in the UK, any attempts to kick out my settled EU friends after Britain becomes independent again.
All my Brit friends feel the same, and they haven't got enough tasers to stop the many decent people.
I suspect the government knows this as well.

It has been said that we are all only three consecutively missed meals away from revolution. Although I think that is a little simplistic your post demonstrates that, despite what you may have been told, the Brits are a fairly tolerant people until you make us angry, on a day when its not raining of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join