It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump touts TV ratings for inauguration

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

President Donald Trump early Sunday touted television ratings for his inauguration, saying 11 million more people tuned in compared to four years ago.

“Wow, television ratings just out: 31 million people watched the Inauguration, 11 million more than the very good ratings from 4 years ago!" he tweeted.

According to Nielsen data examined by Bloomberg, Trump’s ratings fell below those for the first inaugurations of former Presidents Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama.

SOURCE

Why is Trump wasting his precious time on this? I understand why he would want to check the ratings for his own reasons, but the tweet above seems way over–the–top to me.

Trump has more important things to be concerned about than TV ratings. What makes it worse is the fact that he's bragging about it.

Is it just me or does this make the United States look bad? I realize George W. Bush set a precedent in that area that probably no POTUS could ever reach, but Trump almost seems to be trying to get there.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hardly takes much time to tweet.
It does support Spicer's comments yesterday if the viewing figures are true. 11m more viewers than Obama is a lot.

As for the US looking bad, it already does and has for years. Thousands cheering a vile potty mouthed hag like Madonna also does not do a whole lot for the image of Americans.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
He has to break the 40000 tweets milestone somehow.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
One of the first things Trump has to do is establish his credentials as a popular elected president.
He has to show the media, who hate him are liars
He doesn't need the media, I bet every tweet is checked by pr

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Because even here in Germany, newspaper mock him for having not enough people at the inauguration, when this could be far from the truth. You should read what´s on the newspapers here. On change.org, some idiots made a petition towards Obama not letting Trump get the "trigger button".

www.change.org...

Crybabies going to be crybabies.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Henceforth I shall call them 'Treets' because they are delightful Trump tweets.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
One of the first things Trump has to do is establish his credentials as a popular elected president.

All the March's by the Women's Group Globally Yesterday Shows how Popular he is.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The fact that Trump's twitter handle is now @POTUS is sure to trigger the # out of a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Why is Trump wasting his precious time on this?

Because he's an egomaniac.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

All the March's by the Women's Group Globally Yesterday Shows how Popular he is.

And all the poor husbands left alone at home, ordering pizza and enjoying nice cold beers while watching Trump on TV ?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Yeah all the marches by all the women globaly, yeah right
A handful of self centered, I want it now dictators who havnt woken up to the fact they can't have their own way
Pathetic if you ask me

It's actually disgusting, they think they have more rights than the rest of the community, she who shouts the loudest is the winner
Doesn't work that way

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What he failed to comprehend is that people watched because they wanted to see what outrageous shenanigans he would get up to.
Not because they chose to celebrate with him.

Yesterday's crowd from coast to coast and around the world gives you an indication of what Hillary's inauguration would have been like.
If Russia hadnt purchased our election that is.

Yesterday's marches and demonstrations should indicate to trump just what his actual popularity and ratings are.
Low low low
edit on 1222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I bet he was the sort of child who when a class mate said they got a pony for christmas Don would say he got two.....and a unicorn. He's an attention seeking clownshoe.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
And four years ago Obama's second election into office the country knew they were safe and that Obama wasn't interested in his ratings on tv but his ratings with the American people and his relationship with the world.
You know , the important stuff.

We are so phuqueted with trump.
I'm kind of glad I didn't get grandkids.
I'm afraid for my own kids who are adults and out on their own.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I knew a kid like that.
Once I told him a story that happened to me that was kind of cool and the very next day I heard him tell my story to another kid but this time it was about him. Lol.
Pathetic pathological liar.
We need to have trumps head examined because that man is
D A M A G E D
edit on 1222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

President Donald Trump early Sunday touted television ratings for his inauguration, saying 11 million more people tuned in compared to four years ago.

“Wow, television ratings just out: 31 million people watched the Inauguration, 11 million more than the very good ratings from 4 years ago!" he tweeted.

According to Nielsen data examined by Bloomberg, Trump’s ratings fell below those for the first inaugurations of former Presidents Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama.

SOURCE

Why is Trump wasting his precious time on this? I understand why he would want to check the ratings for his own reasons, but the tweet above seems way over–the–top to me.

I'm sure it took you longer to create the thread than he spent Tweeting about it so...who's wasting their time again?

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well it's not about mad Donna is it?
LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's not just Germany.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

How the rest of the world sees this.

Hint before you click...The only good one is Russia . ( holy cow bat man what a surprise)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Because even here in Germany, newspaper mock him for having not enough people at the inauguration, when this could be far from the truth. You should read what´s on the newspapers here. On change.org, some idiots made a petition towards Obama not letting Trump get the "trigger button".

It really didn't look that busy as much as I saw, and if it wasn't, what would you have papers do, say it was bunged?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join