It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunnis and Shiites why all the killing ? (video answer)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
VETS know WHAT to do with them IF THE CIVILIANS would GET the HELL out of the way...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

First of all; your English is excellent and far, far better than my Arabic which if I'm being honest is non-existent.

Secondly; I too appreciate courteous and respectful discussions. That way hopefully we will be able to gain a far better understanding of each other viewpoints even if we eventually have to agree to disagree with each others perspective and beliefs.

However, I could list numerous instances of Sunni oppression of Shia in Sunni dominated countries.
Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that there will also be examples of Shia discrimination and violence towards Sunni's too.

I know there are some who put little faith in Wikipedia but if you can access these links please try to read them - both pages appear to be well referenced.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...'ism

Until we accept certain failings within ALL of our own respective societies I fear we will continue to witness atrocities committed by ALL sides.

The Sunni / Shia conflict has been likened to the Catholic / Protestant wars that ravaged Europe approximately 400 - 500 years ago.
Unfortunately the Islamic schism predates those conflicts by almost 1000years and has considerably outlasted them, prospects don't look good for any sort of lasting peaceful co-existence being achieved in the near future.
edit on 23/1/17 by Freeborn because: Clarity

<< 1   >>

join