It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunnis and Shiites why all the killing ? (video answer)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Many of you will already know most of this but for those who do not it might be of interest. The following is a brief explanation of how Muslims ended up into the Sunnis and Shiites religious factions after Muhammad died in 632. It was not a religious dispute but a dispute on who would be selected to be the next religious leader/Calip.. The Sunnis wanted to vote/select who would lead and the Shiites wanted the leadership to remain in Muhammad's blood line so they split with much angst.. Muhammad's son in law (of the Shiites) was later killed when the fighting got serious. There were always more Sunnis than Shiites since the split began..

Anyway for those who can watch enjoy. youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Live by the sword, die by the sword

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think plenty of ATS members could learn something from this simple and less than 3 minute video.

Sometimes these "Muslim" extremists do things that are totally non-Islamic, like burning a living being or causing distress before dispatch.

Regardless of how you think a Muslim should be, the fact is many of them act in ways totally against their teachings, I call out on fake Christians and Muslims alike. These extremists don't give a flying # about religion.

My two pence anyways.
edit on 22-1-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The division can be likened to Catholic vs Protestant.

Catholics recognise (or so they say) an unbroken line of leadership back to Peter, aka the Pope. Protestants call this heretical and do not.

The major difference is that we do not have religious run states persecuting those who are not catholic or protestant. Nor do we have Christian terror groups running around committing crimes against humanity (any more)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Regardless of how you think a Muslim should be, the fact is many of them act in ways totally against their teachings, I call out on fake Christians and Muslims alike. These extremists don't give a flying # about religion. xt

It really shows how the belief in religion has skewed their basic teachings and have justified their own hatred and killings. Just imagine how humanity would be much more unified and accepting of one another if the world would just have followed the basic Golden Rule.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
she is wrong when she said that the shia came after the death of the prophet, after the prophets death all agreed that abu baker should be the khalifah, and after his death Omar became the khalifah, and after his death ( he was killed by a man called abu lu'lu'ah Firoz and in Iran they made a shrine for him ) Othman was the third and later after he was killed Ali prophets cousin became the khalifah and only at that time the shiah came into existence and started the conflicts.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

The bit we don't understand here in the West is why is the division so deep and bitter?

Pretty much every world religion has it's different sects - it's human nature for one idea to be taken several different ways. But why does it get so nasty in Islamic nations? After all, there is only one Allah and one Prophet in Islam, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Jesus taught the separation of church and state, sadly some Christians don't understand that

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
she is wrong when she said that the shia came after the death of the prophet, after the prophets death all agreed that abu baker should be the khalifah, and after his death Omar became the khalifah, and after his death ( he was killed by a man called abu lu'lu'ah Firoz and in Iran they made a shrine for him ) Othman was the third and later after he was killed Ali prophets cousin became the khalifah and only at that time the shiah came into existence and started the conflicts.

I was hoping you might chime in !! I had a very general overview because long ago I wondered why.. Thanks for the input.
She probably only had so many minutes to post in a video... But still not to bad of a very basic overview if you consider why the split happened in the first place, No?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Stupid people that is all they are.. killing in the name of their imaginary god..

All religious tards should be put on a island and fight it off.. so we can be rid of the trash.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I think that to better understand what you put forth is to understand the divide in Christianity prior to Protestantism and for that you have to look at the Eastern Orthodox .Which by the way was before RCC came into being . just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I know a typically dressed Lebanese woman...and she says...I am Arab, but not Muslim...and Im a Christian....I think many take it from the pictures on the news..they are all Muslims... Not true....

Black-White
Christian-Atheist
Democrat-Republican
Concealed carriers-no guns via "control"
Hamas-Al Queda-ISIS
Shia-Suni
Sharia

They dont care about us and what we think...and we dont even know why WE should care or try to understand them...

Sorry, but its apples and oranges, peaches and plums...I guess if youre a member HERE at least....we care enough to discuss it...

edit on 22-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

yes its true, and whats more interesting is that if you read the Quran you will never find the word sunna or shiah

the meaning of sunna is to follow the prophets teaching which was from the Quran and the hadith, but unfortunately the shias never followed the teachings of the prophet and went along to create their own way according to their Imams, so the meaning of shia is sect and they made their own version of Islam which is so different from the teaching of the prophet.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

prophet will give people a wrong understanding of what happen and will make them think that the split was because of different understandings of the religion and what the message of the prophet was about.

let me give you an info, in the countries that follow the teachings of the prophet ( sunnies ) shia people can build their own Mosques, because they do different thing, their call for prayer is different of that what the prophet told us how to do, they pray differently, and say things differently, and they consider praying alongside a sunni is unacceptable, while in Iran sunnies are not allowed to build new Mosques, yes there are the old ones but you cant build them anymore.

try to research Al Ahwaz, they are the oppressed sunnies in Iran

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sooooo.. religion?

gods way of justifying killing people.

or mans?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Stupid people that is all they are.. killing in the name of their imaginary god..

All religious tards should be put on a island and fight it off.. so we can be rid of the trash.

Spot on!

but they would wreck a nice beach.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The major difference is that we do not have religious run states persecuting those who are not catholic or protestant. Nor do we have Christian terror groups running around committing crimes against humanity (any more)

Uneducated Christians still commit crimes against humanity, they still are oppressive against parts of society that they don't agree with (though law helps combat this in the West).

Given time I think Islam can come to accept difference. I mean we still have racism and homophobia in the west.

Keep em thick and they'll always be quick to aggression, lynch mobs, religious wars and overly national nitwits will always give their life for conflict if they are relatively uneducated.

Educated people tend to live better lives and strive to other things rather than conflict.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Regardless of how you think a Muslim should be, the fact is many of them act in ways totally against their teachings, I call out on fake Christians and Muslims alike. These extremists don't give a flying # about religion. xt

It really shows how the belief in religion has skewed their basic teachings and have justified their own hatred and killings. Just imagine how humanity would be much more unified and accepting of one another if the world would just have followed the basic Golden Rule.

Couldn't really agree more, Islam if you happened to read up on it is actually more of a way of life. Their is some real beauty within it... But it gets twisted and used as a weapon, we fell for the same tricks in the past too.

My history teacher had the 10 commandments of an American tribe on her wall, they were nearly identical to the ones most of us know well.

Golden rules, because only the sick within our society's would ever disagree with them.

Their isn't really any religion that's fundamentally bad. I think we all need a dose of one rule I read on my teacher's wall. Take only what you need and never waste what you acquire.

Our sin of this day and age is being wasteful and taking too much, that kills more people than any religion does today.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

So you are saying that in Sunni countries Shia are free to practice their interpretation of Islam with no restrictions or persecution and that it's only Shia countries that impose oppression and discrimination?

With all due respect, in light of current world events and history I can not agree with this at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

and with all due respect feel free to believe what ever you want to believe, that is your choice of belief depending on your sources, but as a citizen of the United Arab Emirates and have friends all over the GCC countries, i can assure you that this is completely true, and as i mentioned in my replay to 727Sky you can research Al Ahwaz region in Iran, and i know for sure that you will not believe my part of the story regarding the shia in my country but please allow me to give this info and i might as well tell you about it if it might help, we were as children used to go to school together and play together and every thing that you can think of, but not until Saddam Husein got killed, most of them revealed the other side of their true nature after they killed him.

by the way im liking the civilized way of conversation and the respect from both sides and i hope that its stays this way because that is the way to communicate

i hope that my English was good enough to answer you or to replay

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join