It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody ‘stealing’ your jobs, you spend too much on wars: Jack MA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Chinese billionaire and Alibaba founder Jack Ma believes that improper distribution of funds and hyper inflated US military spending, not globalization or other countries “stealing” US jobs, is behind the economic decline in America.Over the past thirty years, the Americans had thirteen wars spending 40.2 trillion dollars,” said Ma, speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos. “What if they spent a part of that money on building up the infrastructure, helping the white-collar and the blue-collar workers? No matter how strategically good it is, you’re supposed to spend money on your own people.”

Couldn't have said it any better myself, i have heard this from a lot of this from Americans. And most don't realize its their own policies which is the reason why you are loosing so many jobs. Here in South Asia I seen dozens of foreign companies recruiting Graduates and post Graduates and immigrating them into the US simply because they cannot find any talent in the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

1 Asian 77,368
2 White 59,698
3 Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 55,607
4 Some other race 42,461
5 American Indian and Alaska Native 38,530
6 Black or African American 36,544

The above link from wiki clearly shows that vast majority of the Asians that live in the United States, those who have immigrated into the US are financially far better of and far far more educated than the native Americans. Which is the reason Why there is such a huge increase in household income.

Trump's be American, buy American is not going to work if the companies are unable to find the educated workforce to actually carry out those jobs, If he really wants to halt immigration and improve the lifestyle of the "White working class", he needs to completely reform the education system.
edit on 22-1-2017 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

He's not wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
$40 trillion is a f#ton of money that literally went up in puffs of smoke.

Forty trillion dollars in wars. Wow, what an investment we made, such a wonderfully safe & admirable planet we rendered!

Not. 40 trillion gave one hell of a global mess.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If you aak me Id say its all of the above.
We have been mismanaged for decades.

And that guy isnt even American. What does he know about America? Probably a little. Not a lot.
edit on 22-1-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

He is not wrong, instead of investing money into the economy instead of investing money in the people of a nation. That money that was invested into wars did not just disappear into the wars we must not forget that it went into the pockets of private companies that give mass amounts of donations to the politicians that push for these wars.

It is a cycle, government pays these companies then companies pay the politicians that run the government. And now you have brain washed people who love Obamas government and hate Trumps even though Trump is the one who wants to stop the wars and invest in the people.

I am not forgotten either that this has been going on long before Obama became the president.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

He's only partially right.

It's a classic commie tactic to confuse and take the eyes of their sneaky dealings.

Case and point;

THE REST OF THE WESTERN WORLD

ie Australia and NZ have had little to no involvement in warmongering - spending absolute peanuts in comparison to the USA. They are both in the same boat as the USA when it comes to jobs. As is large parts of the EU.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
THANKS for the help ...NO longer an issue...NOW DUMP THAT ISLAND or WE SPEND ON YOU.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

The above link from wiki clearly shows that vast majority of the Asians that live in the United States, those who have immigrated into the US are financially far better of and far far more educated than the native Americans.

As someone that spends a lot of time in a number of Asian countries I can only say this is 100% true, the cultural difference is that being a moron is simply not tolerated like it is in the west where some would argue it is glorified, they have also not adopted a PC rhetoric that renders individuals silent about blatant issues be it social or whatever.

Something I would also like to point out as a personal observation is that no Asian country has been flooded with low skilled foreign migrants that over the years tend to bring the worst of said culture to the native population, Asia on the whole is untouched and as such they are able to hold onto a their native culture and improve on it without outside influence..

That last statement is simply my 2pc worth after extensive travel and having a home there. I will be raising my mixed heritage son in Asia rather than Europe the difference regarding the two are like night and day when it comes to quality, only if I could get to somewhere like Finland would I ever consider staying long term in Europe now..

RA

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

ie Australia and NZ have had little to no involvement in warmongering - spending absolute peanuts in comparison to the USA. They are both in the same boat as the USA when it comes to jobs.

1) Australia have had little to no involvement in warmongering.....??.... hasn't Australia been involved in most of the major US conflicts of the last 50 years? at the request of the US?
wars involving australia
2) spending absolute peanuts in comparison to the USA...... in an outright dollar value maybe, but as a % of GDP... Australia ( 2.0 @ 2015).... USA ( 3.3 @ 2015) ...world average (2.3 @ 2015)
military spending as % of GDP
3) and what do you mean by 'in the same boat...when it comes to jobs'..... unemployment rates?... % by employment sector? ...% by education ...???

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
How clearly was the fact that fractional reserve banking is a very large part of the real problem?.

Not very...

If you put $100 into the bank, the bank then creates $900 on paper from thin air and loans another person $1000, $900 of which doesn't exist at all until the loan is paid back by the borrower.

Jobs get replaced by machines and eliminated to save paying employees with money that is too easy to loan into existence and devalued more and more every second by the creation of loans of money that doesn't really even exist to people and businesses.

It's the banks, the banks love war, war requires that a lot of loans are taken out to create weapons and other valuable resources to waste, money wasted on training and equipping people to fight the wars.

-Benjamin Franklin

In the Colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to the demands of trade and industry to make the products pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner, creating for ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay to no one.
-
-Thomas Jefferson

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations which grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Out.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

And that guy isnt even American. What does he know about America? Probably a little. Not a lot.

I'm sure he got to be where he owning a large conglomerate by knowing little about markets, investments, demographics etc.
He is speaking on your behalf - he is saying what has the military spending produced for middle America other than debt?

only 50 years old and worth 22 Billion - but what does he know
Here ya go.....he started with nothing

en.wikipedia.org...

1994, Mr. Ma heard about the Internet. In early 1995, he went to the US and with his friends' help he got introduced to the Internet. During his first encounter he searched the word "beer". Although he found information related to beer from many countries, he was surprised to find none from China. Further, he tried to search for general information about China and again was surprised to find none. So he and his friend created an "ugly" website related to China.[9] Within five hours of creating the website he had received emails from some Chinese wishing to know about him. This is when Ma realized that the Internet had something great to offer. In April 1995, Mr. Ma, his wife and a friend went around, asked for USD 20,000, and started their first company. Their company was dedicated to creating websites for companies. He named their company "China Yellow Pages." Within three years, his company had made 5,000,000 Chinese Yuan which was equivalent to USD 800,000.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
On the one hand, he's not wrong that the vast majority of it was wasted money as the end result. On the other hand, it's fiat money in the first place, and our fiat money is accepted everywhere because of our military supremacy. If we lose military supremacy, we lose the ability to print money. The debt we have is a joke, it's always payable because we owe it to ourselves. The famous quote is, "the dollar is our currency, but your problem." The "your" in the quote is Europe. It's "their problem" because we can print it whenever we want and thus inflate our way out of debts.

The wars are also not why things changed in the US. China is why things changed in the US. US manufacturing was rapidly transferred to the Chinese once they got "most favored nation" status under the WTO, courtesy of Bill Clinton. They owe everything they are now to Bill Clinton's gargantuan historical mistake.

That includes Jack Ma moreso than most people. Jack Ma is Mr. Ali Baba. He got all his money from replacing US manufacturing with Chinese manufacturing. Specifically, his site is where US retailers go to buy wholesale lots from Chinese factories. He's "talking his book" of course.

It's interesting though because the wars were by and large for the benefit of Arab oil wealth and their UK bankers. The Arabs have had us over a barrel for decades now...an oil barrel of course. The US military has been in effect doing their bidding. So when Jack Ma calls out the US for spending on wars, it's like China is sideways criticizing the Arabs, i.e. the Saudis, Qataris, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I disagree. I do not like it but war is good for business.
Jack Ma has obviously never heard of the "Military/industrial complex". It is for example almost impossible to recycle used bullets lol. the constant destruction of hardware and the arms race keep the need for defence spending. War also offers rapid promotion as combatant die or get crippled leaving the path for promotion from the junior ranks>

I do not like this at all but there you go.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda

ie Australia and NZ have had little to no involvement in warmongering - spending absolute peanuts in comparison to the USA. They are both in the same boat as the USA when it comes to jobs.

1) Australia have had little to no involvement in warmongering.....??.... hasn't Australia been involved in most of the major US conflicts of the last 50 years? at the request of the US?

In some support roles to honour alliances. But never as an instigator.

2) spending absolute peanuts in comparison to the USA...... in an outright dollar value maybe, but as a % of GDP... Australia ( 2.0 @ 2015).... USA ( 3.3 @ 2015) ...world average (2.3 @ 2015)

Your own statistics verify what I am saying. Russia spends the more than the USA actually at 5 and NZ is only 1.1 - peanuts like I said when compared to the USA and Russia.

3) and what do you mean by 'in the same boat...when it comes to jobs'..... unemployment rates?... % by employment sector? ...% by education ...???

Unemployment rates. According to official statictics, the USA is sitting at 4.7%
www.tradingeconomics.com...

Australia is at 5.8%

and NZ is between 5.2 and 4.7%

Russia, the biggest % of GDP spender out of the super powers has a lower unemployment rate than Australia at 5.4%

Heck, even Saudi Arabia, who are the biggest % of GDP spenders on military at 13.496% have an unemployment rate of 5.7% - far less than France who have an absolutely terrible rate of 10% who have a below average spend of 2.1% GDP on military.

So, my point remains correct - OZ and NZ spend less on warmongering and they actually have higher unemployment. Therefore Mr Ma is quite wrong in blaming USA's employment issues on that. In fact spending on military has absolutely NOTHING to do with unemployment rates.

As I said, it is economic skulduggery with China flooding markets with cheap goods to close local manufacturing so they can dominate the markets and run off with big fat profits that is the major issue, for us in the Pacific rim, NOT military spending.

edit on 22-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So who is Jack Ma? Could their be a hidden agenda? I am Against Trump but believe me I m even more so against the Chinese communists? Mr MA was born and educate in Communist China. He has become a businessman and is probably built more than trump in terms of a return on capital, however he is also under the communist party of China.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
1) Australia have had little to no involvement in warmongering

In some support roles to honour alliances. But never as an instigator.

But you are the one who originally used the term 'warmongering' not ''instigating'
Defn - encouragement or advocacy of aggression towards other countries or groups.
So now 'honoring alliances' is not 'encouragement or advocacy'?

Your own statistics verify what I am saying

Really?
Peanuts - Defn - a very small or inadequate sum of money.
Australia ( 2.0 @ 2015) dont look like peanuts from here in OZ
Something below 0.5% I would agree and say peanuts, like Ireland or Ghana for example.
BTW...Im not even talking about NZ in anything I replied.

like I said when compared to the USA and Russia.

You said what about russia? it was not even mentioned in your earlier post. So why add it now?

Unemployment rates

Fair enough related to this discussion , but wasn't Mr Ma's statement more about ' helping the white-collar and the blue-collar workers' rather than overall employment/unemployment levels? (i.e.by employment sector)?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

First off; ACTUAL dollar terms, Australia only has 23.4 milion people vs 318.9 that's roughly 14 times more people. and 14 x more actual dollars being spent. So the % of GDP only tells a relative story.

Secondly, Unemployment rates have EVERYTHING to do with the OP. Mr Ma is saying that by spending too much on the military, the US govt is doing people out of work.

The facts I presented blow that argument out of the water as unemployment rates vs spending on military is completely unrelated. I showed Russia, France and Saudi Arabia to show how the figure means nothing as some spend lots but have about the same unemployment rate as everyone else while other spend much less and have a terrible unemployment rate.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

First off; ACTUAL dollar terms, Australia only has 23.4 million people vs 318.9 that's roughly 14 times more people. and 14 x more actual dollars being spent. So the % of GDP only tells a relative story.

Thanks for the maths lesson...Oh so now we are talking ACTUAL outright dollar terms......You seemed to be pushing the GDP% last time.

Your own statistics verify what I am saying. Russia spends the more than the USA actually at 5 and NZ is only 1.1 - peanuts like I said when compared to the USA and Russia.

Even though I originally said....

See that? Read That?....here again for you...'in an outright dollar value maybe' .......round and round we go.

Funnily enough If you take the opportunity to look back, I have not actually opposed your opinion on unemployment rates v's mil spending, only your use of Australia as an example, and your use of the related metrics.

new topics

top topics

join