It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Division

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

There is Division and there is Joy, enjoy the Wilderness

Joy Division
Wilderness Lyrics

I traveled far and wide through many different times,
What did you see there?
I saw the saints with their toys,
What did you see there?
I saw all knowledge destroyed.
I traveled far and wide through many different times.

I traveled far and wide through prisons of the cross,
What did you see there?
The power and glory of sin,
What did you see there?
The blood of Christ on their skins,
I traveled far and wide through many different times.

I traveled far and wide and unknown martyrs died,
What did you see there?
I saw the one sided trials,
What did you see there?
I saw the tears as they cried,
They had tears in their eyes,

Tears in their eyes,
Tears in their eyes,
Tears in their eye.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I guess if we really want to know who to blame, it is both Republicans and Democrats.

It seems to me that the people have always been divided in many ways, and the Constitution and other founding documents were written in recognition and respect for those differences. The problem lies squarely on our shoulders -- we the people -- who refuse to accept and respect those differences. Because we keep letting our egos get in the way, thus allowing the political critters to play us like fiddles.

When we can collectively stand together and demand the best for everyone -- not just a few chosen "winners" -- then we can move beyond the divide. When we can say "everyone" deserves an education, a job, a home, healthcare, etc., then we will find true solutions to what ails us. As long as we keep putting others (and ourselves) in different boxes, we will have the same problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Divide and conquer it's worked since time began.
You can only apportion blame to those who took part and gave the process legitimacy.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
lets blame everyone except our ugly selves and the ugly replies we intentionally post online, or deface neighbors yard and properties, and threaten and beat people up, or go on roid rages when someone criticize our candidate of choice and name call like 4th graders, and blame it all on everything except our evil and ugly selves.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Republican right-wing media has intensified the division ever since Obama took office. From the start they brought up their usual retarded conspiracies such as secret muslim communist terrorist pal. Disagree if you like, but that's the FACT. They have vilified over NOTHING. Republicans have been fueling this and Trump took it to a place it won't come back from. He's the sh#ttiest president of all time and Republicans bring shame to our country and embarrassment to the entire planet.
edit on 22-1-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would place the blame squarely on Jimmy Carter through the creation of the DOE.

Now we have a nation of people who simply cannot think for themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Very nice.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree. Labeling has not went so well for this country.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Very true. Militaristic by nature?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It seems that people just get so frustrated that it consumes them, and rational thought flees the scene.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

We all have our opinions. I respect yours. I would say that this division has escalated since the first division, but if we want it to get better, then we have to listen to each other with the realization that someone else's flaws does not negate our own.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Good point. People do tend to fall into the herd category.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Republican right-wing media has intensified the division ever since Obama took office.

Long before that was Michael Powell.

DEREGULATING THE MEDIA: THE OVERVIEW; REGULATORS EASE RULES GOVERNING MEDIA OWNERSHIP: The Federal Communications Commission today narrowly approved the most important changes to the nation's media ownership rules in a generation.

By a partisan 3-to-2 vote, the Republican-controlled commission relaxed many of the most significant restrictions on the ability of broadcast and newspaper conglomerates to both expand into new markets and to extend their reach in the cities where they already have a presence.

The decision is among the most far-reaching deregulatory steps taken during the Bush administration. It will permit a company to own up to three television stations, eight radio stations, a daily newspaper and a cable operator in the largest cities. It will also permit the television networks to buy more stations.

The agency's chairman, Michael K. Powell, who was the architect of the changes, said in a telephone interview this afternoon that court challenges were inevitable, both from critics who say the agency went too far and from some companies, like the television networks, which wanted the commission to go further. Huge commercial interests are at play in the rules, and some analysts expect a robust trade in media properties to be fueled by the changes. www.nytimes.com...

CLEAR CHANNEL

Almost all of Clear Channel's primary talk stations are affiliated with Fox News Radio for national news, part of a multi-year deal between Clear Channel and Fox. Liberal talk radio is heard on a few of Clear Channel's stations, primarily secondary to its main news talk stations, and usually feature at least one local host with Dial Global programming; Air America Radio also aired on these stations. Clear Channel has shown a tendency to drop liberal talk affiliations whenever possible and replace it with satellite Fox Sports talk (see, for instance, WCKY, WARF, K'___', WXKS , and WINZ); this has, in a few rare circumstances, caused protests, such as those involved when Clear Channel wanted to make the same move with WXXM in Madison, Wisconsin (WXXM was eventually allowed to keep its liberal format). www.democraticunderground.com...

edit on 22-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

We all have our opinions. I respect yours. I would say that this division has escalated since the first division, but if we want it to get better, then we have to listen to each other with the realization that someone else's flaws does not negate our own.
I hear you, but let's call a spade a spade and agree that Trump supporters have gone off the deep end. For some reason they actually look to Trump to lie to them, they turn their backs on all manner of facts. They've taken this to a ridiculous f-tard level. It's really truly full retard at this point. It's impossible to have a conversation with them. This isn't like a normal disagreement with opposing views. These people actually act more like an enemy to the concept of 'United' and enemy to facts and basic human decency. They are a damaged and broken people.
edit on 22-1-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself as pertaining to Trump. I know the republicans opposed Obama, the same way democrats opposed Bush, and on down the line. My perception of the Trump is that both sides was against him. The established republicans and the established Democrats. Whether he can get done what he said he can is another story. I believe a lot of Trump supporters were, for lack of a better word, pissed that the Obama administration just wrote them off and it felt like he, or the government did not care about a certain portion of this country. Trump supporters were desperate to be heard. Trump heard them. The government did not. It was the same feeling as you are feeling right now with Trump. The division worsened under the Obama administration and for what ever reason he did not seem to want to deal with it, or didn't know how to deal with it. Can Trump? I don't know. I hope so. What I do know is that I supported him because I was tired of all the BS from both sides of government.

As far as Trump supporters going, as you call it, full retard, I can assure you that supporters on both sides of this fence can be guilty of that statement.

As far as Trump supporters being damaged or broken, that can happen to anyone who is forgotten.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

As far as Trump supporters going, as you call it, full retard, I can assure you that supporters on both sides of this fence can be guilty of that statement.

As far as Trump supporters being damaged or broken, that can happen to anyone who is forgotten.

If we're going to play that card, we could play it for every group including ISIS and Nazis. Trump supporters have been forgotten like the losers of Civil War have been forgotten, and Nazis need to be forgotten and ISIS one day will hopefully be forgotten. Intolerance and hatred does not have a legit place to rise back up and deserve respect when they absolutely deserve none.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well I guess one can not be bi-partisan given an ultimatum. Everyone deserves the right to be the way they are. As long as they commit no crimes, people should be able to think however they wish. You say they are intolerant, but are you not intolerant of them? You say they have hatred, but do you not hate them? We can play as many cards as you like, but Trump won the game. Do you want to be forgotten? Do you want to be left behind because people think you deserve it? You seem to be way to partisan to debate with.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well I guess one can not be bi-partisan given an ultimatum. Everyone deserves the right to be the way they are. As long as they commit no crimes, people should be able to think however they wish. You say they are intolerant, but are you not intolerant of them? You say they have hatred, but do you not hate them? We can play as many cards as you like, but Trump won the game. Do you want to be forgotten? Do you want to be left behind because people think you deserve it? You seem to be way to partisan to debate with.

I have intolerance for the intolerant. I also hate Nazi's. But does that make me the same as them? Of course not. You might as well say "are we not terrorists against terrorism?" You can play that word game forever. Some people are more zen like in their approach against hate and intolerance. I'm not at that level. My feelings against intolerance and hate are more visceral. But I try... I do try....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

I have intolerance for the intolerant. I also hate Nazi's. But does that make me the same as them? Of course not. You might as well say "are we not terrorists against terrorism?" You can play that word game forever. Some people are more zen like in their approach against hate and intolerance. I'm not at that level. My feelings against intolerance and hate are more visceral. But I try... I do try....

That is pretty much all anyone can do is try.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join