It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Trump Protesters will Face Up to 10 Years in Prison

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Let them get sentenced to 10yrs.

Out in 5 for good behavior.

It's actually a LAW they broke.

Doesn't matter what their intent or excuse was.

They are lucky they weren't shot.

Wear a baklava and get shot, just for being stupid. All that honey.........

Baklava? I love that stuff. Not sure if one should be shot for wearing dessert. Sry to correct you but it was pretty funny. Baklava. Or belakava?
edit on 22-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Violence and destruction is not protesting

And what about the conservatives that had an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge? Did you want the book thrown at them?

What about the tea party people that brought guns to Obamacare town hall meetings??

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Even if 10 years was the actual sentence, it would be a lot less in actual time served...

Just enough time for the next Trump Inaugural Address.

I think if this is the maximum penalty for rioting, shouldn't worse crimes have a minimum of 10 years? We've heard of cases where some guy gets a couple months for rape, or probation for killing an entire family while drunk driving. Something needs to be done, if it's a matter of prison space, let the non-violent drug offenders go, or build more prisons.
edit on 22-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Protesting against Trump is redundant, He is the prez now.

Yes the rest of the world is laughing at the utter stupidity of the slim majority of American voters who voted for him but rules is rules. Whining and moaning won't change the outcome of the election, however I'm willing to take bets for how many days it takes before there is an assassination attempt.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Yes the rest of the world is laughing at the utter stupidity of the slim majority of American voters who voted for him but rules is rules. Whining and moaning won't change the outcome of the election, however I'm willing to take bets for how many days it takes before there is an assassination attempt.

So did you just miss the message of the protest or are you trying to be willfully ignorant of them?

They are trying send a message to the GOP that many people in this country do not like the way they want to take things. The people told them at the polls in NOV that they didnt want it but because of the electoral college we threw out 2.8 million votes.

Next step is protests and organizing, which is where we are now.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have just two observations to make.

1. The law in the US and elsewhere is highly protective of civil demonstrations. Where people can rant and rave, make their points and all that. There are demonstrations every week everywhere.
2. The law against people who think that they make a point by smashing up MacDonalds, burning bus shelters and being antisocial is somewhat different and often criminal in its approach.

If these people (in point 2) think that they are acting intelligently, then they really need to have paid more attention when God handed out the brain cells, because outside of their small and narrow circles they are disliked by the wider population, who support peaceful demonstration, but hate people who think it's a good excuse to go on a destructive rampage.
edit on 22/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Let them get sentenced to 10yrs.

Out in 5 for good behavior.

It's actually a LAW they broke.

Doesn't matter what their intent or excuse was.

They are lucky they weren't shot.

Wear a baklava and get shot, just for being stupid. All that honey.........

Baklava? I love that stuff. Not sure if one should be shot for wearing dessert. Sry to correct you but it was pretty funny. Baklava. Or belakava?

lol! Joke but my statement stands.

Shoot them if their face is covered in cotton or confection.

ETA; especially if they have one of them smiley Guy Fawkes masks on. Aim for the eyes.

edit on 1 22 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Violence and destruction is not protesting

And what about the conservatives that had an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge? Did you want the book thrown at them?

What about the tea party people that brought guns to Obamacare town hall meetings??

They shot and killed one of them.

What about the Tea Party? Did anyone get shot or arrested or break any law?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

AFAIK, the Tea party never broke any laws and physically attacked anyone or anything. The left burned down the Reichstag. The right rebuilt it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

So did you just miss the message of the protest or are you trying to be willfully ignorant of them?

They are trying send a message to the GOP that many people in this country do not like the way they want to take things. The people told them at the polls in NOV that they didnt want it but because of the electoral college we threw out 2.8 million votes.

Next step is protests and organizing, which is where we are now.

Nope, those 2.8 mil votes were from states she already won.

It's called suck it up and tell the truth.

Trump didn't need 1 vote from cali or ny to still win the election, did he.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have a question. California used to be solid Republican in the 1980s. So why did it turn Democrat?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorOfRighteousness
a reply to: burgerbuddy

AFAIK, the Tea party never broke any laws and physically attacked anyone or anything. The left burned down the Reichstag. The right rebuilt it.

Yes, from the MSM you'd think they left a toxic wasteland and marched people into ovens wherever they gathered.

We're all tired of the BS.

Respect begins at home and it's obvious who was taught.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good. Time to start making an example of these hostile anti-American elements.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have no truck with parties.

But...but...they have beer! And snacks! Sometimes even dancing. Sometimes even pretty girls

On Topic.... The article say UP TO 10 years, not that they will GET 10 years. The law allows the judge quite a bit of wiggle room and it's up to him/her, to decide. I'll be very surprised if any of them get jail time. Although I would like to see them get a sentence, maybe 30 days on a work detail, I'm betting fines and probation. These protestors have got to learn that, if you turn violent, you will pay the cost.

edit on 22-1-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Whats really going to happen is these people will have to go without their phones for a few days and that can be very difficult for many young people. I have a friend that works in a jail and they see it as nearly a drug withdrawal in some people where they just scream for their phones on and on.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
IIRC there is nothing stopping the Feds from going after Soros for his hand in violent protests.
It's called the RICO act.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
IIRC there is nothing stopping the Feds from going after Soros for his hand in violent protests.
It's called the RICO act.

From what I have read about Soros that would be an easy case to win ! They should have slipped another E.O. into the stack Trump signed the first day that turned the hounds of the 3 letter agencies lose on Soros's blood trail !

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thought I would link the federal law they broke since not even the news stories included it. HR 347. Thanks Obama.

www.govtrack.us...

thx
-d

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I doubt they would charge Soros with anything. Probably he is a risk to expose sensitive information and links to intelligence or high ranking US officials. I think he'd sooner get "disappeared" or have an untimely demise like a greased weight lifting bar crashing down on his neck.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I won the enemy martyred their party for Hillary.
I don't NEED to shoot...yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join