It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Life Youth Crash Pro-Abortion Women’s March

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Sorry to hear that.

Me and my wife have been trying for a number of years too. She's had 6 miscarriages in 4 years. One was when she was 5 months pregnant. She's pregnant now and at 5 months again. So yeah, I know how you feel.

But this is the whole problem with the abortion subject. It's all down to opinions and feelings. There will never be a consensus on if it's right or wrong. Age of fetus, age of mother, circumstances of pregnancy, health risks (or worse) to mother and/or fetus and a bucket load of other things.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
a reply to: TerryDon79

SO by your logic, it is okay to kill another human because we are no different than animals? People eat other animals. Why not eat your neighbor, if it is so similar?

Because we, as a human race, have decided it's morally wrong (apart from the ones who ignore that). That's all that's really stopping people from doing it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: ksiezyc

The fetus is not a segment of the woman's body, but a separate entity on its own.

So is a leech, a tick, a mosquito and those face huggers off of the Aliens movies.

Just one of the many things wrong with your sociopathic & sick analogy is that nobody put their feet behind their ears or bared their little brain for an orgasm and invited a leech to latch on. Not trying to change your mind, just point out your lack of coherency & intellectual depth. You can try again though if you believe you can do better.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So it is morally wrong to kill another human? Which a fetus is - it isn't a mosquito, or a tick, it is a human and entirely separate entity from the mother. And we as a society have determined that killing another human is murder. It is a fact, not a feeling or opinion.

Why a two month time frame? It is no less human at that point. Just as your neighbors kid, who we have determined is morally wrong to murder, is no less human because they are younger. And they're rather dependent on their mother as well. Is it okay to kill a newborn because it is "basically a parasite" and cannot take care of itself at all?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

However you portray it, abortion is the killing of a human by another human. I think there is a word for that.

war?? self defense??? protecting one's property?? defending one's way of life???

Proclaiming it cannot survive on its own as grounds for abortion is akin to pulling the plug on a person who is in a temporary coma or on life support, who doctors say WILL recover and wake up fully functional in a couple of months.

no, it's not the same. if the person who is caring for the five year old or the coma patient gets stressed out, or gets sick, or if they decide they don't want to do the job for any reason, they can opt not to, and if the person paying for that care decides they don't want to, the gov't is there to step in. and it's usually not a 24/7 job!!!

I had two little ones under the age of two when I was carrying my third. I also had a husband who was not at home and no family in the state I was living in. I also had a doctor constantly telling me not to pick up those two little ones, which was unavoidable. Luckily for me, back then there weren't laws on the books that could of possibly imprison me if I had happened to miscarry that baby like there is today in some states. I would have loved being able to just drop that little one I was carrying off on a babysitter for just a few hours and enjoy my other two babies, believe me... it just wasn't possible was it!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I quite agree.

Some of those women who get abortions were raped. Some were too young and/or too uneducated to know better. Some have abortions as they and/or the fetus are at such a serious risk that the risk just isn't worth it.

Not all abortions are carried out as birth control by people who just do it for fun.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Alice saw it this way.......

Little Betty ate a pound of aspirin
She got them from the shelf upon the wall
Betty's mommy wasn't there to save her
She didn't even hear her baby call

Dead babies, can't take care of themselves
Dead babies, can't take things off the shelf
Well we, didn't want you, anyway
Lalala-la, lalala-la, la la la

Daddy is an agrophile in Texas
Mommy's on the bar most every night
Little Betty's sleeping in the graveyard
Living there in burgundy and white

Well we, didn't love you, anyway

Goodbye, Little Betty
Goodbye, Little Betty
So long, Little Betty
So long, Little Betty
Betty, so long

Well we, didn't want you, anyway

Goodbye, Little Betty

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Your post proves my point I made before. It's personal and emotional. What's right for one, isn't right for another.

I say 2 months because that's roughly when you start hearing a heart beat, give or take a couple of weeks. That's morally right for me.

You can try and use whatever argument you like, but you can not prove that a fetus is a living human being at 2 months or earlier. That makes the moral argument a bit skewed.

If you think I'm bad at 2 months, there's people out there that believe in any time before birth.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

However you portray it, abortion is the killing of a human by another human. I think there is a word for that.

war?? self defense??? protecting one's property?? defending one's way of life???

Proclaiming it cannot survive on its own as grounds for abortion is akin to pulling the plug on a person who is in a temporary coma or on life support, who doctors say WILL recover and wake up fully functional in a couple of months.

no, it's not the same. if the person who is caring for the five year old or the coma patient gets stressed out, or gets sick, or if they decide they don't want to do the job for any reason, they can opt not to, and if the person paying for that care decides they don't want to, the gov't is there to step in. and it's usually not a 24/7 job!!!

I had two little ones under the age of two when I was carrying my third. I also had a husband who was not at home and no family in the state I was living in. I also had a doctor constantly telling me not to pick up those two little ones, which was unavoidable. Luckily for me, back then there weren't laws on the books that could of possibly imprison me if I had happened to miscarry that baby like there is today in some states. I would have loved being able to just drop that little one I was carrying off on a babysitter for just a few hours and enjoy my other two babies, believe me... it just wasn't possible was it!!

And if the pregnant woman does not want the child, she can opt out - by giving it up for adoption. Or a woman can decide to abstain and avoid the possibility of pregnancy entirely. Don't want a baby? Don't have sex. (Yes, rape being the exception). But the person responsible for the five year old or hospital patient who will shortly wake up certainly cannot murder them because of the stress, etc. Because they are a human, and that is murder - as is killing an unborn child.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Actually I can prove that. Scientifically speaking, a single cell is life - the most basic form. There are single cell organisms, and we consider them alive. When the ovum is fertilized, it is the fusion of two haploid gametes, and this is called a zygote. A zygote is a diploid cell (life). The zygote will divide until it becomes an embryo, and so on and so forth, all the way until it is a human adult and we eventually die. It is human life because, if you look at its DNA, you will find it to be a mix of the parents and the parents would have to be human (it is not possible for a human to become pregnant from any other animal).

So yes, I can prove a fetus is a living human being.
edit on 21-1-2017 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

What you stated doesn't prove it's a living human being. All it proves is the single cells are alive and together they make a fetus.

It's akin to saying bees are alive so a collection of bees (plural) close together is a life (singular).

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

What you stated doesn't prove it's a living human being. All it proves is the single cells are alive and together they make a fetus.

It's akin to saying bees are alive so a collection of bees (plural) close together is a life (singular).

Wrong - each bee is a separate entity. We are talking about one entity, one cell, that divides until it eventually becomes a human adult (one entity). It's quite different. What I stated absolutely proves it to be a living human being. What is a fetus if not a developing human, just as a five-year old is a developing human? The fetus residing in a woman is human, it cannot be anything else, and it is alive, because even one cell is alive. It is simply less developed than a newborn and more developed than the initial zygote, but human life it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

And single cells can be alive independently. Just like bees.

By your argument then, a woman's period is murder. I mean, that egg has cells that could potentially have been a collection of more cells to create a human.

Or what about mens sperm? All of those millions of cells that could be potential lives, flushed down the toilet or tied up in a condom and put in a bin.

The humanity!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The fetus is not a segment of the woman's body, but a separate entity on its own.

So is a leech, a tick, a mosquito and those face huggers off of the Aliens movies.

But they won't call you mommy, will they.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

But they won't call you mommy, will they.

Who knows what they're saying after they've had a bit of a feed. I can't talk mosquito, so I don't know.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

But we are not talking about single cells that are independent. We are talking about a zygote, which divides to form more cells. The fetus is one cell that has divided until it reached that stage, not random cells/separate entities thrown together.

Body releasing blood/sperm is not murder. These cells are not their own living entity. A zygote, the most basic form of human life, the diploid created at conception when sperm fertilizes the egg, IS its own being and WILL multiply until adulthood etc. There is a HUGE difference. This is basic biology, it is proven, it is fact. Potential life is different from actual life. Sperm is potential, but not its own life. The zygote IS its own life, the very first stage of a human.
edit on 22-1-2017 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that.

Me and my wife have been trying for a number of years too. She's had 6 miscarriages in 4 years. One was when she was 5 months pregnant. She's pregnant now and at 5 months again. So yeah, I know how you feel.

But this is the whole problem with the abortion subject. It's all down to opinions and feelings. There will never be a consensus on if it's right or wrong. Age of fetus, age of mother, circumstances of pregnancy, health risks (or worse) to mother and/or fetus and a bucket load of other things.

Best of luck, am sorry to hear of your struggles. The OP is wrong in labeling anyone pro abortion, I do not know anyone that fits that label.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You cellist!

Sperm are alive.

But again, you're arguing opinion and emotions. That's all the pro life, pro choice, pro whatever debate is all about. Opinions and emotions.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Sorry to hear that.

Best of luck, am sorry to hear of your struggles. The OP is wrong in labeling anyone pro abortion, I do not know anyone that fits that label.

Thanks.

The only place I've ever seen pro abortion is online. It looks like it's more of a troll thing (the pro abortion people) than anything else.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You cellist!

Sperm are alive.

But again, you're arguing opinion and emotions. That's all the pro life, pro choice, pro whatever debate is all about. Opinions and emotions.

Sperm is something a human produces. It is not a human being. A fetus, a zygote, IS.

And again, these are not opinions OR emotions. These are scientific facts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join