It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question regarding Google site search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I noticed recently that Google searches no longer find results when searching on ATS forum names.
I was wondering if that is intentional?
Or did Google change something?

I used to use that frequently to find something that I know a certain user posted, and often to find my own posts.

For example, when doing a Google search:
site:abovetopsecret.com "Blue Ajah"
There are only a few results - where Blue Ajah is in the post itself.
It used to show all results that I posted or was replied to.

I notice that Bing and Yahoo searches result in a few more results, but still do not seem complete.

edit on 1/21/17 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What date did this start ?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't remember the exact date I last tried it, but I think this must have changed recently.
I use that search pretty regularly, but might not have tried in the last week or two.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I had my people call googles people and tell them to "cut it out", like Obama did to Russia.

just playin... Its probably less a google thing to filter ATS so much as they changed their algorithms to return better results. Do you think this is a conspiracy against fake news?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Hah! No

I thought it was more of an annoyance. The search was useful. It worked better than the forum search.

I was really wondering if ATS added tags or script to intentionally to block for some reason.
I can see people with some paranoia not wanting their history so easily searchable.

I did also wonder if Google changed something - which would mean algorithms.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I doubt ATS did something unless your cannot search ATS results in general via Google. If its just you cannot search for usernames, then its more likely that google is doing something new.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Actually, there are tags that can be used to block parts of a page from being indexed in Google results.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Or it could be Google's new participation in fighting against "fake news". We know ATS has appeared on lists of sites that are "fake". We know that google has stated they will be taking part in this censorship. And we know google is in lockstep with the govt. I would place my bet on google being responsible for this and it being an example one of their new methods of censorship.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Works fine for me?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I get 7 results for "Blue Ajah" and 4990 for "BlueAjah".

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thank you!!
I should have checked the space!
Or wait until I am more awake to ask questions!

... User Error...

edit on 1/22/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

new topics

top topics

join