It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make America Great Again hats not actually made in America, but in China, Bangladesh, and Vietnam!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: jellyrev
OP we ask two things of you
apologize
and
Bend the Knee!

that is all.

Why would he have to do either of those things, the Donald could have shut down those street vendors with a lawsuit, some he is vastly familiar with.

That would be a really stupid political move. That is why.

But he is not a politician and America First, he is allowing his trademark to be infringed, and flowing profits to other countries. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There's a lot of people that can only afford cheap Chinese made consumer goods sold at Wal-Mart and dollar stores. I hope he has a good plan. There's definitely nothing wrong with revitalizing Main Street, but if no one can afford the stuff and their job at Wal-Mart is gone, it defeats the purpose.

Besides if Wal-Mart goes belly up where are they going to put the tunnels?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Perhaps or perhaps he was doing what every other businessman is doing and trying to maximize profit.

He says he wants to close those loopholes. I believe him..for now.
He says he wants to bring back manufacturing jobs. I believe him..for now.

I also think he knows how it has to work to build our economy.

We just have to wait and see. I'll be watching.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: JinMI

That's how it should be, but most of the times when a second company appears to compete, the first just say "don't be silly, why drove the price to the ground when we can both sell for 120, just take this market while i sell over here"

Happens a lot now

Its illegal, but as long as nobody finds out...

I can agree. The trick is to make it so it's not so damn difficult to get a new business of the ground. Competition should come organically without the restrictions. Let the best biz win so to speak.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Long story short, we'll both be a lot happier if and when manufacturing returns to the west.

The one thing nobody appears to have thought of is what if?

What if for some reason, be it war, natural disaster etc importing became difficult or impossible? What happens then? There are few factories left anywhere in the West. So how exactly do we keep living at the standard we have today if the supply of goods we consume so readily consume is diminished?

To honestly answer you question, we are screwed. Agriculturally we are ok, with the exception of seafood possibly. Energy, with some changes we would be all right. I don't think we have many rare earth minerals, not an expert, so please correct if I am wrong. Long story short, we are screwed, manufacturing in this country has been being shut down since Reagon, it will take a while to ramp up.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Perhaps or perhaps he was doing what every other businessman is doing and trying to maximize profit.

He says he wants to close those loopholes. I believe him..for now.
He says he wants to bring back manufacturing jobs. I believe him..for now.

I also think he knows how it has to work to build our economy.

We just have to wait and see. I'll be watching.

He has several businesses that have failed, I do not think he is that good of a businessman. He will not close any loopholes because they benefit himself and his friends (I do taxes for a living). Unless he makes a major investment in infrastructure, manufacturing will not come back, too many plants have laid vacant for years, and too many advances in tech. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst, the best advice I have ever received.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: JinMI

That's how it should be, but most of the times when a second company appears to compete, the first just say "don't be silly, why drove the price to the ground when we can both sell for 120, just take this market while i sell over here"

Happens a lot now

Its illegal, but as long as nobody finds out...

I can agree. The trick is to make it so it's not so damn difficult to get a new business of the ground. Competition should come organically without the restrictions. Let the best biz win so to speak.

I work for a CPA, and work with many small businesses. Here is what you are not realizing, the challenges to getting a small business off the ground lie with the state, county, and municipality governments, the fed play very little part, unless you are getting into something hazardous. I realize that sometimes the EPA, OSHA, etc play a role, but in my experience it is the state and municipalities that are the hardest to satisfy, not the fed. Just MHO.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

At his point Bubba as has been our past interactions, we seek the same result, just a different way there. Currently I see that Trump can and will achieve exactly the things you say. Manufacturing, infrastructure and rebuilding the economy.

All rhetoric aside, I think he has the capacity to do this. I may be wrong but it to me the gamble in Trump was better then the surety of mounting conflict with Russia and other personal beliefs.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

At his point Bubba as has been our past interactions, we seek the same result, just a different way there. Currently I see that Trump can and will achieve exactly the things you say. Manufacturing, infrastructure and rebuilding the economy.

All rhetoric aside, I think he has the capacity to do this. I may be wrong but it to me the gamble in Trump was better then the surety of mounting conflict with Russia and other personal beliefs.

We were offered two very poor candidates, I didn't vote for either, and split the ticket at the state level as well. I have little faith in Trump, I hope I am wrong, and in four years we are in a better place. I believe his cabinet choices are poor as well, but I have been wrong before and it hasn't killed me yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

Oh the irony .... or is it stupidity?

Stupidity but not in the way implied.

Over the last few months.

All across this country by not even being president.

Trump has created millions of jobs.

Created billions in wealth.

His critics haven't taken a break or even rested or even taken a vacation day.

Can't WAIT to see what he does now that hes been sworn in.

The thousands of hours.

The hundreds of postings.

All across the 'internets' and in the real world.

DONALD J. Trump is this countries biggest job maker in this nations history.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The thousands of hours.

Got any sources to back that up?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You won't have to wait long, he violated the ethics rules the minute he was sworn in.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
"Report: Dozens of Trump products made overseas"

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"Donald Trump Had a Very Different Message About Trade Before He Ran For President"

time.com...

"Trump Invested in Outsourcing Companies He Denounced in Campaign"

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Nice try. Had you actually read the article you would have seen that it said very clearly that the official hats were made in America but the hats this article is talking about are bootleg hats which Donald Trump can't possibly control. Bootlegs are exactly that, bootlegs. And snowflakes are exactly what you are, a snowflake.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I made a mistake. Apologies to anyone who may have been mislead. Not my intention.
The title is somewhat accurate, but my post is not in light of the paragraph I skimmed over in the article.

And now for my punishment.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

you actually think taking trump supporting vendors to court would be a net gain for him?

Lets say he does. Then instead of people complaining about some vendors producing hats in asia they will claim he hates american small businesses(the vendors).
There is no winning. The OP would post that thread the day he filed the lawsuit.

Cmon I know you understand what I am saying, why be difficult?
edit on 22-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Are these stats on his website?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, bummer for the poster... He / She didn't read the article as it does clearly state that Trump's are made in the USA.

I guess it's going to be like this everyday the next four years. My favorite is the one about Trump lied about his first day in office, because he said he is starting on Monday and his actual first day was Saturday, so he let all his voters down... geez

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The thousands of hours.

Wow. You're insane. I work in agriculture and Trump has done nothing. You know jack sht. You are the definition of stupidity. Take some meds nutbag.

edit on 22-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv

"Donald Trump Had a Very Different Message About Trade Before He Ran For President"

The problem is up until now he had little choice but to go overseas. How does a company produce locally when all benefits are to do it overseas. Companies do not just go oversea because they like Chinese better, they would love to produce at home since it is a great selling point, but if there is no profit at home then the desire is moot.

Trumps point is he wants to make it profitable again to produce here at home, make America great again right? He has already said all these international PACs are in favor of everyone but the US and he wants to change that.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join