It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make America Great Again hats not actually made in America, but in China, Bangladesh, and Vietnam!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

He's part of the emerging butthurt brigade who have not only reach the bottom of the barrel and scrapped through to the dirt, but now they're halfway to China - they'd likely consider this latest Trump-offence as a valid enough reason to have him executed by lethal injection or life imprisonment without parole as a minimum.

They're freaks, they should be DNA tested...I have my doubts as to their terrestrial origins.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How this is not in the hoax or LOL bin by now is a mystery.

edit on 21-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
OP we ask two things of you
apologize
and
Bend the Knee!

that is all.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: BubbaJoe

If we are going to go that far into it, they also blatantly steal designs and manufacture them using horribly cheap materials. To make a product that is essentially the same but much, much worse.

Here's a great example;

I am well aware, but no one has explained to me why the Trumpmister had his entire clothing line produced in China, when he is so interested in putting Americans back to work. The Chinese are douche weasels when it comes to ripping off products, but there doesn't seem to be much we can do about, when people keep buying the crap.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
apologize
and
Bend the Knee!

that is all.

Why would he have to do either of those things, the Donald could have shut down those street vendors with a lawsuit, some he is vastly familiar with.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Simple answer is because not many would buy a 75-100 USD hat.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

But when all hats cost 100 they will prefer the americans hats, that's trump plan no?
edit on 21-1-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

My reply answered that;

Economics.

Apparel cannot be manufactured anywhere in the West and sell in volume any more because it costs too much. Quite simply if he made it in the USA it would be so expensive comparatively that nobody would buy it.

Those shirts he sells for $60 on Amazon would likely be $150 plus if locally made.
edit on 21-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

At this juncture, I would have to agree. Guess I won't be purchasing hats.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: PhotonEffect

He's part of the emerging butthurt brigade who have not only reach the bottom of the barrel and scrapped through to the dirt, but now they're halfway to China - they'd likely consider this latest Trump-offence as a valid enough reason to have him executed by lethal injection or life imprisonment without parole as a minimum.

They're freaks, they should be DNA tested...I have my doubts as to their terrestrial origins.

A little bit off topic, but yesterday some lady called the radio show I listen to in drive time, and claimed Obama wasn't a US citizen, she believed that he was born in Hawaii, but it wasn't a state yet, her words not mine. Obama was born in 1961 and Hawaii became a state in 1959. This goes to show you how ignorant some on the right are, as are some on the left, but no one is going to cut Trump any slack, any where. The USA is very divided. While I didn't vote for her, Hillary won the popular vote, the Donald will be given no quarter by anyone left of center.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Another thread about this? Really?...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Simple answer is because not many would buy a 75-100 USD hat.

But damnit if they were made by Americans. Greed drives Trump, his only motivation. I hope I am wrong, but the next four are going to be a disaster.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

My reply answered that;

Economics.

Apparel cannot be manufactured anywhere in the West and sell in volume any more because it costs too much. Quite simply if he made it in the USA it would be so expensive comparatively that nobody would buy it.

Those shirts he sells for $60 on Amazon would likely be $150 plus if locally made.

I but T-shirts often that are manufactured in the USA, this company prides themselves on the fact, and they cost me 20 bucks. Guarantee you that the shirt he sells for 60 on amazon cost him less than 3 bucks to produce in china, might have cost him 20 in the USA plus some ramp up time, as there are very few textile companies left here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I think it is important to consider the big picture. Do you need a hat? If that answer is yes then you should pay the cost it takes to purchase it from the goods and service from within the country that your purchasing.

If a hat costs lets say 75 to make. Its MSRP is 100. Another company pops up and can make one for 73. Dropping its MSRP to 95 (therebouts). Competition breeds innovation. Eventually hats would get down to around 65-70 dollars. As long as you keep outside economies from pushing the cost of the hat down further, it's good for the economy.

Keep in mind people are spending 100's of dollars on much sillier things than hats.

This is my view on how his plan is going to work. Feel free to pick it apart.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: jellyrev
apologize
and
Bend the Knee!

that is all.

Why would he have to do either of those things, the Donald could have shut down those street vendors with a lawsuit, some he is vastly familiar with.

That would be a really stupid political move. That is why.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Long story short, we'll both be a lot happier if and when manufacturing returns to the west.

The one thing nobody appears to have thought of is what if?

What if for some reason, be it war, natural disaster etc importing became difficult or impossible? What happens then? There are few factories left anywhere in the West. So how exactly do we keep living at the standard we have today if the supply of goods we consume so readily consume is diminished?
edit on 21-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I think it is important to consider the big picture. Do you need a hat? If that answer is yes then you should pay the cost it takes to purchase it from the goods and service from within the country that your purchasing.

If a hat costs lets say 75 to make. Its MSRP is 100. Another company pops up and can make one for 73. Dropping its MSRP to 95 (therebouts). Competition breeds innovation. Eventually hats would get down to around 65-70 dollars. As long as you keep outside economies from pushing the cost of the hat down further, it's good for the economy.

Keep in mind people are spending 100's of dollars on much sillier things than hats.

This is my view on how his plan is going to work. Feel free to pick it apart.

You and I are in complete agreement here, I shop locally as often as I can, and I can afford. The Donald doesn't even believe in this, as his entire clothing line is manufactured in China, and once again, I ask, where is Ivanka's stuff manufactured? The Donald is so greedy he doesn't even abide by his own ideas. I buy novelty t-shirts on a regular basis, and one of the reasons I do, they are manufactured here in the US, the company is very proud of that fact. The look and feel of them is nothing like what is manufactured in China, and I enjoy wearing them.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's how it should be, but most of the times when a second company appears to compete, the first just say "don't be silly, why drove the price to the ground when we can both sell for 120, just take this market while i sell over here"

Happens a lot now

Its illegal, but as long as nobody finds out...

link   
I'm trying to give Trump a chance. All b.s. and media and ATS posts aside, I'm quickly starting to believe he is a puppet that put the divide, distract, and conquer agenda on fast forward. I base this on his own actions and words up until now. Most of his more educated and awake supporters will figure him out fast. STILL better than Hillary, but does it really matter who the president is? The agenda is strong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join