It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a reminder regarding Obama protests

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: butcherguy

if the idea they wanted to convey was that everything went perfect for barry, yes they would have minimized it.

The MSM would waste the opportunity to show Republicans as racists?
That idea is ridiculous.
They do it with no proof.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Anyone light themselves on fire because O was elected ?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
nobody cares about the protests, but most people do care about the rioting, looting, arson and assaults,that`s not protesting that`s anarchy.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And ruin Barry apotheosis? Blasphemy!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I really wish the left would just stick to a story.

First it was the riots were Trumps fault for his divisive language.

Then it was the rioters aren't really leftists, they are anarchists.

Then its there were protests like this under Obama.

Everyone who is remotely objective can see the truth; the amount of protesting and rioting and destruction and violence done since Trump has been elected is so much greater than that against Obama that its not even in the same ball park. And he has been President for 1 day.

To me, the irony is the left is the party of peace and love.

"Love everyone!!! Unless they disagree with you, then attack them and break some stores windows!"

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Somehow I don't remember hearing about a bunch of rioting, and assaults on police officers and attendees...

I mean protesting is one thing, literal assault and vandalism is another.

If it were just protesting, even if using hate speech I'd shrug and defend their first amendment rights. I voted for Obama his first term, and shrugged off the ignorant protestors as I saw them at the time. They were just protesting they weren't crossing the line to actual violence.

Once one moves past protesting to violence, they are no longer protestors, they are criminals.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I generally dislike cheerleader post but you hit it spot on.

The much larger and more important picture is that dialog needs to be had. Give and take, each side being heard. It just seems to be an impossible task with most. There have been very good discussions in my time here so far at ATS between conflicting political ideologies. In the past year it has been a downward spiral.

We might as well grunt and fling poop.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Everyone who is remotely objective can see the truth; the amount of protesting and rioting and destruction and violence done since Trump has been elected is so much greater than that against Obama that its not even in the same ball park. And he has been President for 1 day.

"Love everyone!!! Unless they disagree with you, then attack them and break some stores windows!"

stick to a story...theres only 1 story, we don't want a dumb fascist idiot ruining our country

Your post starts out with crap, so Im sure the rest of it is too
edit on 21-1-2017 by veracity because: crap

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Two wrongs do not make a right, we need to stop all of these protests aimed at politicians. Don't give them attention, just try to get them to help with things you need in your communities.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigdaddycruel6699

This is not a snowflake thread.

Lol, delusional much?

Snowflake thread, garbage thread, a thread by any other name would smell as sour

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What happened to the Russians ?

2 days ago they were the big story.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

stick to a story...theres only 1 story, we don't want a dumb fascist idiot ruining our country

Well thanks for your opinion!

I always welcome constructive criticism!

I am glad you asscertained my entire post by only reading the first line.

Surely someone with your obvious mental prowess much be in such high demand that you can't afford to be bothered reading an entire post before commenting on it!

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Well thanks for your opinion!

I always welcome constructive criticism!

I am glad you asscertained my entire post by only reading the first line.

Surely someone with your obvious mental prowess much be in such high demand that you can't afford to be bothered reading an entire post before commenting on it!

Keep up the good work!

sorry, read the rest of it...yup, i was right...crap

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We don't need to stop protests. We just need to stop criminals using protests to commit crimes.

I will defend the rights of any non-violent legal protests with my life, even if I disagree with what's being protested. I however have zero tolerance for non peaceful criminal protest.

One is acceptable and deserves to be protected the other is disgusting and needs to have a stop put to it wherever it rears it's ugly head. Anyone who defends or tries to make excuses for, or lessen the severity of such acts only hurts their cause.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What happened to the Russians ?

2 days ago they were the big story.

Mannings sentences got commutted so they couldn't push that false flag anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: rickymouse

We don't need to stop protests. We just need to stop criminals using protests to commit crimes.

I will defend the rights of any non-violent legal protests with my life, even if I disagree with what's being protested. I however have zero tolerance for non peaceful criminal protest.

One is acceptable and deserves to be protected the other is disgusting and needs to have a stop put to it wherever it rears it's ugly head. Anyone who defends or tries to make excuses for, or lessen the severity of such acts only hurts their cause.

I agree, non violent protests are actually a good thing to keep our government in line. In a good protest we do not even need to have police there to guard anyone, we may need them there to direct traffic and stop little arguments but not much more than that. What happened to this country, why do cops even need riot gear. We have allowed disruptive people to fire up the protestors, these roudy ones should be charged with in-sighting a crime.

Protests do not need violence to be effective, in fact if you do things peacefully, more people are apt to follow your lead. I would hate to see martial law in this country. But that is the direction we are going towards with this stuff. Who is instigating this stuff, usually the ones who start conflict are not present at the conflict.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

I said in another thread , I hoped Trump received the exact amount of respect and corporation shown to B.O by Reps for 8yrs..yes I know I was being petty and it would feel oooh sooo good! but bad for the nation at large if and when he put good or great proposition on the table and we reject it just because it came from Trump.

Lets focus on what we can get out of him if anything and replace him and his entire team starting 2yrs from now, and another 2yrs after, don't for get local politics is just as important as national ones.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I said in another thread , I hoped Trump received the exact amount respect and corporation shown to B.O by Reps for 8yrs..yes I know I was being petty and it would feel l oooh sooo good,! but bad for the nation at large if and when he put good or great proposition on the table and we reject it just because it came from Trump.

Lets focus on what we can get out of him if anything and replace him and his entire team starting 2yrs from now, and another 2yrs after, don't for get local politics is just as important as national ones.

I agree, lets not be babies like the republicans have been for the past 8 years. I would rather not put Americans at risk of dying just to make Don look bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Only left protests result in changing the world.

Donald Trump is where he is because a bunch of people protested.

Democrats country-wide are out of statehouse and Congress because people protested.

Just because the form of protest did not take the shape of blocking highways and breaking windows and burning down entire neighborhoods doesn't make what happened to remove them from power any less a protest.

And now one party has more power than it has had nationwide at all levels than at any time since prior to the Great Depression.

That is very much a protest, and given the country's status in the world, the world will change as a result.
edit on 21-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Lol, post a few photos from fringe Westboro Baptist racists and try to pass it off as Conservatives protesting Obama. This is the definition of Fake News.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join