It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of Earthquakes in Central Italy Since Large August 24th 2016 Earthquake has excedeed 48,200

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The original link is in Italian, so I am turning to "google translate" so this news can be shared in the forums.

This is the original story in Italian, with link.

Il numero di eventi della sequenza sismica in Italia Centrale ha superato complessivamente il numero di 48.200 dal 24 agosto 2016. Rispetto all’ultimo aggiornamento di ieri, 20 gennaio alle ore 11:00, non si sono registrati eventi di magnitudo maggiore o uguale di 4.0, mentre sono stati 5 i terremoti di magnitudo compresa tra 3 e 4 localizzati dalla Rete Sismica Nazionale dell’INGV, prevalentemente nell’area a sud tra le province dell’Aquila e Rieti.

ingvterremoti.wordpress.com...

Here is the translation from google translate.

The number of seismic sequence of events in Central Italy has exceeded the total number of 48,200 from 24 August 2016. Since the last update yesterday, January 20 at 11:00, there were no events of greater magnitude than or equal to 4.0 while 5 were the earthquakes of magnitude between 3:04 localized by the National Seismic Network of INGV, mainly in the south between the provinces of L'Aquila and Rieti.

Google Translate

The website also shows a video that plots the size and location of the earthquakes since August 23rd 2016.

Even thou, luckily, there have not been other subsequent large quakes like the one that occurred on August 24th 2016, seismic activity does not seem to be calming down. Only time will tell if this amount of earthquakes is indicative of a larger quake to come, or if these quakes are releasing stress slowly which would be a far better outcome.

edit on 21-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I hope not, but those of us alive today may have to experience a super volcano blow ...?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wasn't there a super volcano around there in Italy that has been showing many signs of imminent eruption. Like ground swelling harmonic tremors and some others I am forgetting. I remember reading a thread about that here on ATS. I'm sure one of the resident earthquake/volcano experts will be able to come along and break it down.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
An avalanche just killed a lot or people a couple days ago in Italy, due to the quakes.

www.reuters.com...

but they did find some alive too.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
of all places I wouldn't of suspected Italy would go all seismic on us. I rather thought it'd be something along the ring of fire. I can't imagine they are prepared nearly as well as Japan, so this has to be just awful for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This was covered on Quake Watch 2017 two days ago, one day before INGV published that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 01000000212117 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

We both used the same source of data (ISIDe) but I only have 46800 at this time, they must have used a bigger area, I initially used 50km circle from Accumoli the location of the first quake, then 50km from Visso, the next one in the series, then 50km from Norcia the location of the 6.5 in October.
Now that we are looking at the series as a whole a search area of 70km from Norcia might be more appropriate, and bring in those extra 2000 quakes INGV are talking about in that article.
edit on 01000000212117 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
of all places I wouldn't of suspected Italy would go all seismic on us. I rather thought it'd be something along the ring of fire. I can't imagine they are prepared nearly as well as Japan, so this has to be just awful for them.

The African tectonic plate is moving northwards into the Europe plate, which is why the french/Italian alps are there, the Mediterranean sea will be gone one day, then Italy will really be in a mess...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Wasn't there a super volcano around there in Italy that has been showing many signs of imminent eruption. Like ground swelling harmonic tremors and some others I am forgetting. I remember reading a thread about that here on ATS. I'm sure one of the resident earthquake/volcano experts will be able to come along and break it down.

Only about 100 miles away from this active area

Supervolcano is rumbling

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thought I would just drop this here.

theconversation.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Money sent from the EU and ECB to Italy for the reconstruction after the earthquake is being used right now to pay for spooks, hire immigrant criminals as spies and other military expenditure in the face of those living in tents.

Draghi must be replaced by Juergen Start ASAP. Germany will have to do this replacement.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The government of Itlay is world expert in how to provoke earthquake with their secret illegal nuclear weapon program.
The government is hell bent on causing a richter 9 force earthquake in Rome very soon.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Update on the seismic activity in Italy. There have been an increase of over 15,000 earthquakes in Italy since the January 21st thread. The total number of earthquakes since August 24th 2016 is now at 65,500.

Alle ore 15 di oggi (28 aprile) il numero di eventi della sequenza sismica in Italia centrale ha superato i 65.500 dal 24 agosto 2016. Negli ultimi giorni in media vengono localizzati tra i 100 e 150 eventi giornalieri, pochi di questi hanno magnitudo uguale o maggiore di 2.

ingvterremoti.wordpress.com...

Translation: "The number of events in seismic sequence in central Italy has surpassed 65,500 since August 24, 2016."

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Funds for earthquake relief were promptly redirected to project for the well being of illegal migrants.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Chances of extremely powerful earthquake in densely populate area (e.g. Rome) is still pretty high.
Due to structural inadequacy expect 40.000 casualties ...

top topics

join